Posts by Martititi

I don't find the bug tracker that convenient. I mean, either I do not use it well, or it is counterintuitive, or it is hard to change an issue you made.
    For example, some time ago, I noticed I had not done my job properly (repoting a bug due to a wrong version), so I wanted to delete the bug report I had made. However, I did not find any thing.
    As far as I've seen, I prefer Bitbucket's bug tracker (here is a sample: https://bitbucket.org/cuchaz/ships/issues)

I think I would prefer BC pipes. I remember that by using the fluid ejector upgrade with 3 canning machines, half of the fluid went into the wrong machine.

Well, if I remember well, BC quarries dig on a surface of 9x9 to go to the bedrock. All the items that you don't need (i.e. cobblestone, dirt...) can be turned into scrap, and I would rather do it really early in the game, just to be sure I'll have enough scrap for the late game. Moreover, it has some advantages compared to IC2's miner: you don't have to craft a lot of mining pipes.
    Also: assuming we are mining from sea level, with a regular quarry (you can change the shape of the mining area), you would have 64x9x9 blocks (=5184), which can fit into a chest, just needing 18 spaces if you're really not lucky and do not find any ore, otherwise, I would say that 25-30 slots are way enough for a single run (bear in mind that a chest allows you to have 27 slots).

Everbody goes out of the underground part
    Martititi: Are you sure that we did not forget anything?
    Auelos: Yes, I think.
    Morrowerre: Oh, maybe some paper and pens, just in case. I'll go back.
    Martititi: OK. We get out and prepare the horses for the trip, if we find them.
    Morrowerre: I'll join you at the horse building.

Martititi and Auelos go to that point. They find some hungry and frightened horses.
    Martititi (with a calm voice): Oh, come on, you. What frightens you that so? (he gives bread to the horse)
    Auelos: Okay, well, we've got stuff to do now.
    The sound of a door being opened is heard.
    Martititi: Morrowerre? Are you there?
    No answer...
    Martititi: Morrowerre!
    The horse that Martititi was watching over reared. They hear the noise of a gun.
    Martititi's thoughts: If I hear that noise, it means that the bullet did not shoot me, since it goes faster than the sound. Either Auelos is dead, or they missed their target. I must react instantaneously, because they will not miss me!

Martititi unsheathes his gun and gets ready for the fight.
    Martititi's mind: I did not think it would begin this way.

Martititi moves to the next stall. He sees where the assassins are. He shoots, but misses his target. Turning his head, he can see Auelos.
    Martititi: RUN !!!!!
    They run out of the building, followed by the assassins.
    Martititi's thoughts: Okay, there is a delay between us and them. If I am right, they were approximately 20 meters away from us. When I said "RUN", they had a reaction time of 1 second, and we could advance of 3 meters. They began to run, so they were 23 meters back. As we had to run 6 other meters, they had to run 29 meters. According to the calculus, if they run at a speed of 3 meters a second, they have to run for 9.66 seconds. But we used 2 seconds to go to the door. So we have still 8 seconds since they had a reaction time.

Martititi: Prepare your weapons! They will be here in 7 seconds, as of now.
    Auelos: 6 ; 5 ; 4 ; 3 ; 2 ; 1 ; They opened the door!
    Auelos and Martititi shoot. They see two of the assassins fall, dead. However, another 5 are here. Martititi and Auelos must have to retreat once again.

On his side, Morrowerre comes and sees the assassins go out of the second entrance of the horse building. He unsheathes his sniper and aims. He shoots and hits. The third assassin falls on the ground.

Martititi and Auelos see Morrowerre has helped them. They look at each other, and charge the enemy. They shoot again and again. Two fall, dead. And Morrowerre shoots another time, killing one of the assassins. Martititi unsheathes his sword, and cuts off the arm of an assassin. Auelos takes a heavy piece of iron and knocks out the second. Martititi and Auelos attach them with the string they took. Martititi takes out a slime ball and crams it into his mouth. He makes sure the assassin will not shout upon recovering.
    Martititi: Okay, now we wait until he recovers.
    The assassin quickly recovers and feels the slime ball in his mouth. Martititi gets his knife out.
    Martititi: Now, you will listen to me. You have no boss any more. I am your only boss. Please note I can kill you really easily with that knife. (He pushes his knife into the assassin's flesh). Are you calm now? If you shout or make any noise without my authorization, I will make sure you die in a painful manner. Did I make myself clear?
    The assassin shakes his head to say "Yes".
    Martititi: So we agree on that. I am going to remove that slime ball. I'm sure it is tasty isn't it? (He removes the slime ball). Now, who sent you?
    Assassin: The guy whom you're fighting! Who else?
    Martititi: Hum. I knew it was him. What else? Is there anybody else in the factory?
    Assassin: No. Our squad was the only one.
    Martititi: Good.
    Assassin (Softly): Please, don't kill me, I've got a family!
    Martititi: I know. Everybody has a family. However, I'm not done with you.
    Auelos: Any important information about your boss?
    Assassin: No.
    Martititi: Come on. I'm sure you have his location.
    Assassin: No, he controls the military forces. We did not see anything but his drones.
    Morrowerre: Wait, you said, his drones?
    Assassin: Yes.
    Morrowerre: So we can hijack them?
    Assassin: Sure, that's robots.
    Auelos: Anything else?
    Assassin: No... At the base, we don't know much about him. We are nothing but pawns on a chessboard.
    Martititi: I know.
    Martititi thinks for a moment.
    Martititi: OK. I don't need you any longer. However, I'll not let you go like this. I just hope you were smart enough to have a backup plan in case you messed up. I'll leave you in that locked building and I give you back some of the stuff. However, your com thing cannot be turned on for a while, letting us the advantage of disappearing. Goodbye!
    The three brothers go out of the building and escape the factory place.
    Martititi: Hey! I just thought about something. You remember we saw some smoke on that island. I think I know what it was. Do you still have the computer we used for the calculus?
    Auelos: Let me find it. Maybe in the bag, right here.... No.
    Morrowerre: Didn't we let it at the place it was?
    Martititi: I think I remermber somehting like this.

They go back to the place they left after docking their ships in the small port they had made.
    Martititi: Look at the render and you'll understand: that smoke is not produced by burning wood, well not exactly in fact.
    Morrowerre: Oh! Yes, I see there are some strange patterns here!
    Auelos: One could think about an explosion. Maybe a reactor. Isn't it?
    Morrowerre: I was more looking at that spot (he points at the computer, a bit away from the place where the smoke is emitted). I think something has been removed. When we got there, the fire had already ran out of fuel, so we saw no smoke. Bu the thing that was removed seems really big. Maybe it is a spaceship, after all.
    Martititi: Must be the unknown man's spaceship!
    Morrowerre: Yes. And that's why they did not reply. He has either been rescued, or captured.
    Martititi: What can we do now?
    Morrowerre: Well, we don't have that much things to do other than investigate.
    Auelos: Hey! I understood why they attacked our facility!
    Martititi: Yes?
    Auelos: I was in charge of the rocket science part in our company. They must have feared that we would launch another com system that they couldn't control.
    Morrowerre: Oh, I see. Not good. Really not good. Now, they must have big screens in all cities with our pictures and in capital letters: PUBLIC ENEMIES N°1. ANY BODY FINDING THEM WILL BE GIVEN 50 000 EMERALDS!!
    Auelos: We should stay away from cities then.
    Martititi: Yes, so we have to investigate that spaceship being removed?
    Morrowerre: I guess yes. And we can also wait for anyone who wants to join us.

Our three characters have been exploring the lone island, knowing that each minute was decreasing the chances of meeting the unknown man.
    Martititi: Hoey! Is there anybody here?
    Auelos (laying down his hand on Martititi's shoulder): Listen to me, Martititi. You have to understand he must be dead by now. We have spent too much time. Some other people need us, and I remind you we have to fight against the guy who took over the planetary communication system!
    Morrowerre: Yes. I'm sure they raided our factory to control everything better, or just secure their base. Let's go back home and try to get as many tools as possible before we have to go.
    Martititi: But... This man needed our help, and we cannot let him alone, he might not be dead, after all!
    Morrowerre: You know we have to go.
    Martititi: He could have helped us in our fight, couldn't he?
    Auelos: You don't even know who he is.
    Martititi: A bit: he called Blaster, but you know he's dead since the last war. So he must have taken part in that war.
    Auelos: Sure, but we have to leave him. After all: if he took part in it, as you say, he must know how to get along these situations.
    Martititi: You must be right.

Broadcast enabled

Martititi: Well, if you can receive this message, please note that we abandon the researches. We have not found you so we cancel the mission. Sorry.

Broadcast disabled

Morrowerre: Well, let's go back home.

Some hours later:
    Martititi: That's a pile of dust. Do you think they left anything?
    Morrowerre: In the interior, maybe. They just stole the weapons, and were not interested in the production.
    Auelos: We could rebuild that from scratch, but that's not the moment. Though, I might ask somebody to rebuild it. We have to ensure we'll have a weapon supply for the next months, or even years.

They go in the underground part of the factory. Here, they see the electronic components of the machines broken into pieces. The ones that are not damaged suffered from the nuclear meltdown. Luckily, the ventilation system still works, and cleaned most of the tiny radioactivity that was let out by the reactor's chamber. Martititi notices the underground part has not been visited, since the doors doesn't seem to have been forced.
    Martititi: Well, we can at least take some canned food, and any weapon that we'll find. If you can, take also the most basic resources, like iron, but also the most expensive: I would want some iridium, as much diamonds as you can find, a few gold ingots, lead blocks, copper, and tin. The more coal you find, the better it is. If you also find some bronze and lapis-lazuli, that can be helpful. We might also need cobblestone. Take every machine you'll find, especially generators, metal formers, macerators are easy to build, so no..., ore washing plants, thermal centrifuge and induction furnaces. Also: please optimize your inventory, I mean, we'll make blocks out of the stuff you find. Some cells, such as UU matter, fuel and stuff like this can be cool.
    Morrowerre: I bet you also expect us to take some armor?
    Martititi: Obviously yes. With a quantum armor each, it would be the best thing on Minecraftia.
    Auelos: It will take time, but I'm sure we'll find all of these. We should also take some hazmat suits.
    Martititi: Yep!

They have found all the stuff they needed. Now, it is time for them to go and fight.

Broadcast enabled

[Encryption 3000.1538.12:89m] Martititi: To anyone who wants to fight against the oppressor who controls over the communication system. We, Martititi, Auelos and Morrowerre are ready to join you and start the fight. We will not abandon until the enemy is defeated or we are dead.

Broadcast disabled

I mean, why not being able to change the recipe of the quarry in Buildcraft in order to get sort of buffs:
    For example, you could insert an iridium drill in the quarry in order to have the enchantments with the quarry (you would replace the pickaxe by the drill).

Tubes are way better: you're not bound to the hopper transfer limit any more.
    Tubes are also cheaper and can bring items up, instead of only down or on the sides (yes, I know you can use the dropper, but it takes a lot of room, and it is also really expensive, whereas you can use your redstone for other things).
    Also, BC quarry digs a big hole, but it also mines the cobblestone of your recycler to transform it into scrap, thus allowing you to produce more UU matter.

Fireworks are going in France for this!
    (Well, in fact, no, they are firing rockets just because of the French revolution anniversary...). :)

I think it would be more realistic if the fluid came out of the reactor as Hot, and then you have to cool it down, because the fluid only evaporates when the nuclear reactor is REALLY hot (so during a meltdown). Sadly, I think that it is what happened in Fukushima: a tsunami occured, turning off the electricity, and preventing the emergency engines that were supposed to create electricity from working. So the nuclear reactor, which couldn't be turned to off that easily became hotter and hotter, thus giving the water from the cooling circuit enough energy to be split into H2 and O2. The fact is that these molucules are gases at that temperature, therefore, it evaporated and could burn. As these gases burn quite easily, it just exploded, and we had a "tiny" meltdown (because even if the High Nuclear Authorities classified that accident as being as serious as in Tschernobyl, it was of course not, since the core did not explode, but only the containment).

Also, have you heard about heavy water? It is a water that uses deuterium instead of Hydrogen, so that it absorbs lonely neutrons produced by the nuclear fission better than plain water.

EDIT: It seems like IC2 devs implemented a realistic nuclear reactor in the latest verions, am I right?

Martititi, hadn't I already said that I was going to implement realistic fission mechanics? If not, I was going to anyway :P

Oh, and OMG I JUST HAD AN AMAZING IDEA...
    The rockets would be modular anyway, but rockets could be fitted with a "remote control" module that allows the controller to control the rocket in-flight (predator missile style, for all you COD fans, but it won't be from above, It'd be from the launch point...) Oh, and of course this would have a certain range...

Sure, but you did not speak about upgrading the reactor.
    I think I had proposed something like what you're speaking about. Let me find it...
    Ah, no? I thought I had posted it...

Well, that's a very good idea, and of course I support it.
    However, it might be better if you implemented a fps vision. I'm not sure it is that hard to do, since it is already done in the render system, isn't it?

A horse cart?
    I mean, you craft a big wheel, put some horses in it, and you have some power.
    Also, maybe a kind of realistic hydraulic device: you would have a waterfall, and the amount of water on the top of the dam would create a lot of pressure, thus you can craft a turbine that would transform the power.
    A cool thing would be to have realistic nuclear device: like, you have a core that produces heat, and you must cool it down. And you could create steam out of the core. Maybe you can upgrade the liquid you use in order to have a better efficiency (for example, the fluid would dilate more with heat, therefore creating more pressure, and you would be able to extract more energy. The efficiency would be improved).
    What do you think?

I don't enjoy waiting or doing always the same thing, like mining, and mining and mining and mining...
    =(
    That's why I try to automate everything in what I do, but it means I have to wait until it gives me some output... You can consider me as an impatient, but in fact, I prefer to optimize my real-life time.
    If the video game is worth the time I spend on, I continue, but if it is only something about mining and mining and waiting... I don't like.
    And when I play a game, I like to achieve something, to be able to say "Hey, I have been able to craft a replicator, I will soon be able to make other things." The point is: if you oblige me to spend 20 hours on a replicator, I will soon shut down my computer and do something more useful. If you understand what I mean.

I hope I have not been rude with you. If yes, put it on the not-my-mother-tongue problems. =)

Might be true, but having to go and look for 52 diamonds is really long.
    I think I've crafted some diamonds just because I was bored of going into my mine and wondering how much time I would spend looking for 2 diamonds...
    I mean, imagine what I felt when I crafted my replicator: I was like "YES, I have done it, I used 24 diamonds for that, and I'm done! Let's place it, yes, right there. Open the GUI... Hmm, What? No way to use memory crystals? What? Are you kidding? I have to use 8 more diamonds to build a pattern storage? Enfer et damnation!!!"

And, also: to get all the machines is false:
    -first, you have to have the patterns, and so, try to look for dungeons, and/or pyramids
    -second, you better have a good source of power, since it requires a lot of enrgy
    -third, as you are not insane to the point of actually making UU-matter from only energy, you have to have a source of items, which is more likely to be a BC quarry. BUT you can only use he quarry for once, since you cannot automate the placement of the quarry, so you need to place it by hand, and because of that, you're obliged to go back to your base in order to replace the quarry, thus preventing you from efficiently look for dungeons.
    -Fourth, in order to keep your engines running, and prevent them from exploding, you need some chipsets, which needs an assembly table (BC) and 5 more diamonds.

So yes, I am frustrated, well, I was. I'm no more. It's been a very long time since I haven't played my IC2 game. Real life sucks up more time, for now. But it'll be over this afternoon.