Posts by Martititi

I agree with you. Diamonds in IC2 are a really demanded resource.
    I couldn't wait until I finally got my replicator, mass fab, pattern storage, scanner and all the stuff around... Finally, I able to craft diamonds for no price but time (I use a charcoal source of energy).
    But I I counted well, all that needed :
    -MFE (yeah, I don't like wasting my diamonds on lapotron crystals) : 16
    -Pattern storage: 8
    -Scanner: 0
    -Replicator: 24 (16 for the MFE + (6 glass fiber cables needs 12 diamond-redstone dusts, so we need to craft 2 times the recipe of the energy crystals dust ==> 8 diamonds)
    -mass fab: 4

So: it needs at least 52 diamonds. And I did not speak about the ones that you needed before.

And 52 diamonds is really hard to find. I think I crafted most of them.

I don't like the GUI thing, simply because you've got to do that for each missile you place.
    Unless you can feed that automatically (I don't know, like, store that in the launcher), I would rather be against that idea.
    I could have the solution: have different sections in the GUI:
    -destination coordinates (relative to our position, and could be fed thanks to the laser thing)
    -relative height of open air (it means the height of your facility)
    -about how much fuel you'll need to go to the destination.

Why not do that: rockets that are more expensive when they have to go farther?
    And also: rockets that have a distance limit: you wouldn't be able to create an ICBM as soon as you got out of the thermal centrifuge age... =)

Any way, the disk would not have appreciated...

Well, I think that the thing with the missiles going up and then teleporting actually makes some sense since you can make true missile facilities...
    Or you can try to implement a simple detection of where the open land is.
    And what if I dug a hole to the bedrock and place a missile? Would it try to go to its destination, and crash into the walls?
    And it would also be nice if you could make the missiles unexplodable before it reaches some point of the procedure (I mean, normally, any kind of rockets is not triggered before some time has passed).

Did you try to place the HDD into your freezer?
    I can assure you, I've done it once, and I recovered the HDD. However, it did not last that long, but I could at least recover some data.
    If you did not back it up, and some other precious data were on it, you can try. Any way, you've got nothing to loose...

OK.
    And if you need a salesman to sell the stuff you produce, there's no problem. =)
    (I mean, write some things like on the HAYO sections on the IC2 forums).

Is it for 1.7.2 or still 1.6.4?
    If it is for 1.7.2, I will not complain, because the mod that I use and still sticks to 1.6.4 will finish its beta soon, and therefore will update.

Best chance to you!
    May the coder spirit be with you. =)

Just to ask: the addon is called Rocket Science 3? Wasn't it supposed to be Rocket Science 2?

Another thing: I don't really know how a fusion reactor is supposed to work, since I only know the basic reaction that takes place in that.
    The thing is: do you think you will do like the magical box that outputs a little or the big multiblock reactor that you would need tons of resources and extreme levels of electronic complexity in order to sustain the reaction, and leave a current in the coil.
    Moreover, isn't it ironic that you have at the same spot the hottest thing on Earth (the plasma that fuses) and the coldest (the supraconducting coil are near the absolute zero)?

In your changelog, you indicate that the current version is 0.5, and in the download tab, it is 0.20...

Finally: for me the recipes on your OP do not show...

Auelos: Wow: watch that man! (He points at the TV)
    Martititi: What, again?
    Auelos: Do you see that war going on?
    Morrowerre: It has been waged for years. What surprises you?
    Auelos: The situation is getting worse and worse! Look at all these deaths!
    Martititi: As long as they buy our weapons, there's no problem on my side.
    Morrowerre: By the way, I've received a new order. They want our latest Iridium based Mark IV cannons.
    Martititi: Good. We'll send them as soon as they open a passage from their base to this factory. Any news about the missile sector?
    Auelos: Not that much. I and my colleagues have to deal with serious challenges...
    An alarm goes off.
    Martititi: Hey! We have a new attack of the magic side! I'm sure they want our machines to be down.
    Auelos: Are the computerized machine guns operational?
    Morrowerre: Of course. I am in charge of this post. Why wouldn't they?
    Auelos: Just asking.
    Martititi: Well we don't have to worry about that. I'll just transmit that information to our allies.

Broadcast enabled:

Martititi: My friends, we are facing another attack of the magic side. Our scouts report the troops are not too difficult to defeat, but we would like to have a support in order to clear the zone, or we would be circled.
    If possible, please clear a path between your base and our factory so that we can deliver your brand new cannons on time.
    Thanks for listening to me.

Broadcast disabled

Martititi: Now, we rely on our ally.

Huh, now I understand the purpose of the electrolyzer, since I never use nuclear reactors, but instead the old stinky and unecological generator, using charcoal. =)
    I cannot help you about this subject.

Broadcast enabled

Here is Martititi. We are still looking for you. Please light a fire with wet wood in order to produce more smoke. This is the last day we look for you.

End of broadcast

Via radio
    Martititi: Are you sure there is no access to better maps than the ones we drew?
    Auelos: Yes, we don't have any access to the Internet, and if we had one, we could not access that part of the World. The guy who had been able to hijack the new com system controls everything and knows someone has fallen in that area.
    Morrowerre: Can't you use the maps in Off-line mode?
    Auelos: No. These are not designed to be stored on your computer, but rather downloaded each time in order to have the latest up-to-date maps.
    Martititi: Hum. Not good.
    Morrowerre: Does anyone have a plane?
    Martititi: No. Cuchaz' technology doesn't allow us to build some. It is planned, but not released for now.
    Auelos: Sacrebleu! It always has to be when we need that technology that it is not released.
    Martititi: Yup!
    Morrowerre: So, what do you think we could do?
    Martititi: We could for example... dance?
    Auelos: Do you really think it is the right moment?
    Martititi: I mean, by doing sport, you accelerate the heart's rate of pumping. Therefore, the brain gets more blood and is more efficient.
    Auelos: We don't have time for this. That man crashed into the Ocean. Maybe he has not much food for his survival. And you wanna dance?
    Martititi: Okay, I'll find another idea.
    Morrowerre: The idea of making a plane is not that dumb.
    Auelos: We don't have the technology required, just to remind you.
    Morrowerre: Sure, but we just have to find a substitute.
    Martititi: A cannon is useful for everything.
    Auelos: Why?
    Martititi: Oh, it was just an idea for the next advertisement we would have to do.
    Auelos: But we're not discussing this!
    Martititi: Well, I was just...
    Morrowerre: But a cannon can be useful for this situation! Imagine: we can replace the shell with another device, a camera for example.
    Martititi: Or a man. (He is smiling)
    Auelos: Come on man, it must hurt a lot.
    Martititi: Not with an Iridium-based Nanosuit.
    Morrowerre: Or we can simply use a rocket with a camera on top of it.
    Auelos: Yes, but only if there is a parachute and some floating things.
    Martititi: I prefer the cannon. The camera would spin and thus cover more land (or Ocean).
    Auelos: Sure. We'll do that.

Some time later
    Martititi: Let's fire it with the probe!
    Boooooom!
    Martititi: Cool! I have always liked the smell of a cannon firing on mornings.
    Auelos: Even more when it is our cannon, cause it would mean we have had some money off of it.

Morrowerre (In front of his computer: What a good idea to attach a wireless modem to it so that we can have real-time images!
    Martititi: What do you have?
    Morrowerre: A lot of things. However, the CPU is really busy with recognizing every block in each picture so that it can draw a precise map.
    Martititi: ETA?
    Morrowerre: At least 7 hours for a cannon shot. Damn, you have sent the camera very far away!
    Auelos: Of course, this is the newest cannon. It has a very cool range, especially when the shell is not heavy.
    Martititi: We should produce a lot of these. Cannons are always useful for something.

Seven hours later
    Morrowerre: Look at that! I have two things: First, we have a good map. Second, I didn't know you also programmed so that I would have a 3d render!
    Martititi: Yes, that was made to facilitate the research: we have to locate any smoke in that area.
    Auelos: Good. Do you see any smoke?
    Morrowerre: Let me check... Yes. That point! [i](He points at the screen, looks for the coordinates, and they sail to that point).

It is a little island, lost between some others. It was not easy to find it because the others were all around it, so that Martititi and his brothers could not have guessed another island was here.

Definetely not. You would be terrified with the amount of crafting steps, which includes all sorts of tools to make components which are used for other components which then are used for a machine.

I like that, i like even more the tought that i can automate all that with a factory, making all the manufacture process something done in the press of a button.

Yup! And that's why I like to combine it with computercraft and other mods. =)