Posts by Martititi

By reading your post, I find arguments I can agree with, but...
    You know, in IC2, you begin by being a cave man that melts iron ore to iron ingots.
    Then, he has the idea of making a hammer, and produces plates.
    These plates are useful: he can make a box strong enough for the components inside not to be pushed away.
    The fact is that you end the game by using the "laws" of quantum mechanics to have an armor that can:
    -produce food when you need some (needing EUs)
    -produce air
    -protect you against any damage
    -make you jump at least a dozen blocks high
    -make you run faster than an ocelot

And, you know, making iridium is of course not a promenade. It is really hard to get to it, and therefore, you will need thousands of tiny components. I know it is long (I have myself not finished IC2 experimental), but you are not obliged to use only IC2 exp, you can also use BC, ComputerCraft, and plenty of other mods that add useful items for industry.

I'll take an example: to extract everything I can from an ore, here is the pattern I use:
    Chest ==> wooden tube (extracts items) or a vanilla hopper ==> macerator ==> hopper ==> ore washing plant (with BC pump to get it refilled) ==> wooden pipe ==> diamond pipe ==> (if the items are washed ores, otherwise, the diamond pipe will sort them in another direction) ==> thermal centrifuge ==> hopper ==> chest

The diamond pipe that sort tiny piles of dust (and stone dust) out, leads to another chests.
    The fact is that this pattern allows you to sort everything: you can separate every metal thanks to the diamond pipes. And, thanks to the automatic crafting tables: you can always return to normal dusts.

What I like in these patterns is the fact that everything is done automatically, but you can also automate a lot of industry sectors :
    -scrap production and scrap boxes (thanks to the automatic crafting table)
    -plates, cables... prodcution
    -everything else! A unsolvable problem is a problem seen from the wrong angle (I'm not sure about the translation of this quote).

Did you pass from the regular version to the experimental one?
    Recipes in the experimental version are completely changed and do not require refined iron any more, but rather iron plates (made with a hammer at the beginning and with the metal former at the end).

I'd like to, but:
    -I do not know how to code it.
    -I'm not really sure it would be implemented.
    So...

In fact, I don't really know how to code Java, that's why I suggest it. You know, I am learning Java, but I've got some exams at the end of the school year...

Anyway, it hasn't been released yet, just announced as resolved in the bug tracker.

This mod is really awesome!
    So far, we can build big ships, but Cuchaz plans to add submarines, and airships. And the mod author just added an API for other mods to define blocks properties.
    So, it would be cool to add a compatibility between the mods in order to be able to make a factory cross the oceans.

So far, I would just suggest adding the weight to the API, and nothing else, but as soon as another API is released in order to make blocks work, it would be really cool.

Please, don't double post.

By reading the error, I think you're not posting in the right section. The problem is that Buildcraft wants to assign the ID 3978 to oil, but it was already set to 1530. So, it gets an error for a reason I do not know. So you might have to check you configs in order to see if you had set the ID to 3978.
    Also, you should post on BC's forums. Here you'll get no help.

Alson you should consider updating your IC2 version: 397 is the right one for 1.6.4.

Auelos sees a strange violet, blue and green light, some blocks away from him. He had established a perimeter for Morrowerre to teleport to his dimension. Morrowerre's teleporter appears instantly, in a cloud of cold steam. Morrowerre can be seen with a hazmat suit, changed in order to have a heating system.
    Morrowerre: Hello, my brother. How are you today?
    Auelos. Fine. I've done everything you wanted. The power facility is here. We will be able to begin the teleportation in a few days, maybe a bit less.
    Morrowerre: Let's see how's the output of the power plant. Wow, you've done a good job. I didn't expect it to be that great. However, I think that with all the matter in your body, and your tools, we'll need a bit more energy.
    Auelos; I'm gonna tell Martititi he has to prepare. He has normally done his work, so we'll be able to go back quickly to our dimension.

Some days after, the three brothers are together, talking about the place they will teleport.
    Martititi: I'm sure you can teleport at that place (He shows a point on a drawing). I'm pretty sure it is empty.
    Morrowerre: Yes, but it is not a good place to teleport to. You will have to run for days before you can get to New Mojang City!
    Martititi: OK, but I still think it is better to teleport in a safe place rather than in someone's house!
    Auelos: Any way, we don't have time to decide. Please, take that spot, we'll see later.

After the teleportation (So, they are in the first dimension, the real one):
    Morrowerre: Well, let's see what has happened. The factory we built seems not to have been destroyed a long time ago. I would say, four,
    or five weeks, maximum.
    Martititi: Sure, the explosion traces aren't completely gone.
    Auelos: I have something on the radio!

Radio:
    Receiving broadcast:

Blaster? Anyone? Is Anyone There? My spaceplane has been shot down, and I'm currently in the middle of the ocean. Requesting pickup for me and my plane. Repeat...

End

Martititi: Huh, what frequency?
    Auelos: 1.0552MHz
    Martititi: That's the distress channel. Well, do you have any localization system?
    Auelos: No... Sadly, it seems like the satellites are still down, or we still do not have any access to them...
    Martititi: So, there is no way to know where it comes from.
    Auelos: Exactly.
    Morrowerre: But, there is still a hope: the emitter he probably used is about 10 Watts. So, the range where he can be is about ten or twenty kilometers.
    Martititi: So, you propose that we go on our owns in order to find him?
    Morrowerre. No, we know he's in an ocean, somewhere close to here.
    Auelos: So what?
    Morrowerre: Cuchaz' technology enables us to build big ships, we'll go really faster than if we used those pesky rafts. Begin the construction of two new small ships, and we'll sail across that ocean to rescue him.
    Auelos: I just broadcast something for him to help us localize him.

Beginning broadcast:

Hello, unknown man. I hope you'll receive this message. If you do, please take this into account: we are looking for you. If you are on an island, please light a fire, or build quickly a tower that will emit light.
    By this means, you'll help us localize you.
    I repeat:
    Hello, unknown man. I hope you'll receive this message. If you do, please take this into account: we are looking for you. If you are on an island, please light a fire, or build quickly a tower that will emit light.
    By this means, you'll help us localize you.
    Over.

Ending Broadcast

They begin to build the boats. The day after, they sail across this ocean, keeping a close eye on each other's position.

Try putting it into your fridge (I mean, the thing that cools down to -20°C) during 5 or 6 hours (not kidding).

As you probably know, hard disks consist in a head surfing all over the disk around 1 µm above it. The fact is that if the head touches the disk, a simple heat variation can cause enough contraction for the head to unstick to the disk.
    You might be able to get your files back, but don't expect your hard disk will work for ever. It might work for once.

For me, you don't have to loose anything, so I guess you can test.

That brings me to the question: would you change nuclear reactor physics to enable us to use multiblocks ways of cooling.

I mean, in the basic (French) nuclear power plant, you have :
    1) The heating system = fission of the Uranium atoms, heavy water (composed of oxygen and deuterium, in order to control better the fission)
    2) The heat exchanger in order to transfer the heat from the core to the secondary system, where steam is produced (so the heavy water remains only in the primary system). ==> heat power transformed to mechanical and then electrical
    3) Cooling system: Either the big cooling towers and/or a river, where you would pump water to cool down the secondary system, and release the water like, 500 meters away...
    ==> the primary system gets cooled down by exchanging heat with the secondary (to produce steam), and the secondary is cooled down by the tertiary, which dispenses the heat where it can.

Atomic science seems awesome, but to me, it seems like it is another hi-tech mod that causes Minecraft to be completely over-powered at the end, or like Greg-Tech, reaaally complicated, and hard to get because you need as much resources as if you filled some chunks with tin, copper, gold and diamonds blocks...

I think IC2 is enough resource-demanding for me. Thanks for the propositions!

Well, I don't really know if there is a way to convert power from one of your mods to another...

If yes, there is a chance I will use them. Otherwise, I will definitely not use any of them.

Though, thank you for proposing, they seem to be interesting according to their basis.