[IC2 Exp][1.10.2][Beta] RocketScience-3 Addon!

• What about an upgrade to the fusion reactor, the Star Reactor: basically, a miniature star whose energies are contained and harnessed. Maybe more resources and care would need to go towards containment and much more energy to get started, but far more efficient fuel-wise and far more output, or something like that. Of course, any potential containment failure could have some disastrous results...

Or maybe a Mr. Fusion type thing where you can put anything in the reactor as fuel, but it takes a huge volume of stuff and produces very little energy. But maybe it's, like, infinitely scaleable: anything you put in it gets used as fast as possible, as long as you keep supplying it with insane amounts of fuel.

Ah well, just ideas. Really glad this mod is being worked on, in whatever form it takes.

• What about an upgrade to the fusion reactor, the Star Reactor: basically, a miniature star whose energies are contained and harnessed. Maybe more resources and care would need to go towards containment and much more energy to get started, but far more efficient fuel-wise and far more output, or something like that. Of course, any potential containment failure could have some disastrous results...

Or maybe a Mr. Fusion type thing where you can put anything in the reactor as fuel, but it takes a huge volume of stuff and produces very little energy. But maybe it's, like, infinitely scaleable: anything you put in it gets used as fast as possible, as long as you keep supplying it with insane amounts of fuel.

Ah well, just ideas. Really glad this mod is being worked on, in whatever form it takes.

so like a tardis

so like a tardis

Well, if we take this example:
    Supposing I've got huge amounts of gold, so much I cannot use it for any thing.
    According to your idea, I would put the gold into the fusion reactor. BUT: gold doesn't fuse with any thing, it is waaaay too heavy...

No, I think we might implement an isotope extractor, or something like this, but nothing as OP as this (even if I know it would not produce a lot...).

And, maybe the other elements like cobblestone can deserve a better end: scrap ==> UU matter (or anti-matter)

• Or something like the ITER project?

• That brings me to the question: would you change nuclear reactor physics to enable us to use multiblocks ways of cooling.

I mean, in the basic (French) nuclear power plant, you have :
    1) The heating system = fission of the Uranium atoms, heavy water (composed of oxygen and deuterium, in order to control better the fission)
    2) The heat exchanger in order to transfer the heat from the core to the secondary system, where steam is produced (so the heavy water remains only in the primary system). ==> heat power transformed to mechanical and then electrical
    3) Cooling system: Either the big cooling towers and/or a river, where you would pump water to cool down the secondary system, and release the water like, 500 meters away...
    ==> the primary system gets cooled down by exchanging heat with the secondary (to produce steam), and the secondary is cooled down by the tertiary, which dispenses the heat where it can.

• Ah yes, I understand that something like over 50% of France's energy comes from nuclear power plants?
    And yes, I was planning of adding some kind of coolant as a fluid in game (like water) that will be pumped into this multiblock reactor, and will come out at a higher temperature. This will cool over time, but it will release "steam"/vapor and eventually dissipate gaseously if not cooled fast enough. This will cause the player to take damage upon standing in the liquid, and will also allow for custom cooling towers etc. to be built to dissipate the "steam"/vapor.
    Also, the primary phase will be confined to the actual reactor, where I could either use some kind of semi-shielded passthrough that would directly use the thermal energy from the plasma to heat water, or It could be done via some kind of heat exchanger system (more realistic). But to be honest, Minecraft is the complete opposite of realism!
    So really, it depends on whether or not I want to be realistic

• Sure, you're right.

I would propose to enter the coolant into the ore dictionary, so that BC would be able to transport it (like UU-matter, liquid-CF-powder...).

• I actually feel like crying...

My almost brand new 1gb WD elements drive is making that dreadful little buzzing and clicking sound...

And it has ALL OF MY F***ING MCP WORKSPACES ON IT -_-

And there is no way I'm using a data recovery service :/

• Official Post

Buzzzzzz....

CLICK!

Something like that? ^

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Hmm, well I bashed it a few times, seemed to get the heads off the platter (It was clunking and wouldn't spin up - stuck heads)

Now It's more like:

Wizzzzz....

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Spin down....

:(

Not sure what is actually beeping... could be a lodged spindle, or damaged heads... I'm hoping it's the former :/

• Try putting it into your fridge (I mean, the thing that cools down to -20°C) during 5 or 6 hours (not kidding).

As you probably know, hard disks consist in a head surfing all over the disk around 1 µm above it. The fact is that if the head touches the disk, a simple heat variation can cause enough contraction for the head to unstick to the disk.
    You might be able to get your files back, but don't expect your hard disk will work for ever. It might work for once.

For me, you don't have to loose anything, so I guess you can test.

• Euh, in your OP, you tell us the mod is in 0.5 alpha version (changelog), but the download link tells us it is in 0.20 version.
    Have I missed 3 versions?

• We haven't had much informations about the mod, so..
    How is the coding going?