Posts by LinusPhoenix

Ninja topic change: I am guessing with IC², GT, forestry, buildcraft, railcraft as the major mods on 1.6.2, I should try to get all bronze age stuff and forestry farms asap?

Also: do the bronze liquid pipes need something like a redstone signal to extract?

I quit. I am done. It's over. I have finished. I can't even...

AFTER LOOKING FOR IT FOR DAYS IN SOME SHITTY FOREST BIOME IN 1.5.2 I FOUND BAUXITE IN SOME RANDOM CAVE NOT HALF AN HOUR INTO THE GAME IN 1.6.2

Edit: Yes, I realise it's ironic I write it in the ore's colour.

Sound fixed, found a solution on steam which was not even for my specific headset model nor the game I had problems with 8|
    I'll take it.

So...Now I just need a good list of mods to explore the 1.6.2 tech tree including GT. Which mods are popular for 1.6.2? I heard TE for example stopped at 1.5.2..

Anyone using Logitech Headsets?
    I use the G430 with the surround sound software ("Logitech Gaming Software", newest version) and minecraft's sound is severely buggy, for example a sound moving from the front to the side is not really fluid and it feels unbalanced between all the channels. It's the only program I have issues with and the weirdest thing is, if I use the FTB launcher and a modpack, everything is fine, but using the original minecraft from the minecraft launcher, I get these sound bugs.
    Is there a sound mod I am missing or anything that's in FTB?

My brain has just been sent to school's chemistry class about dyes. :D
    One ingredient of yellow dye is Chrome? Thinking back about how much centrifuging has to been done to get the chrome needed for the 8 coils for an industrial blast furnace (dont know how much it has changed in 1.6.2), this would make me never produce yellow dye with a recipe that needs chrome :(

Unidye stuff:
    - Config options for Forestry (?) and GregTech
    - Forestry: Wool/Wool Mesh into Biomass (does that make sense?)
    - GregTech: Industrial Centrifuge Recipes
    - Macerator: Wool -> 2 Shredded Wool Parts
    - Centrifuge: 8 Shredded Wool Parts -> 8 String + 1 Dye (30-45 sec)
    - Centrifuge: 2 Unicolored Dye -> 1 Dye, 1 Unidye (2-3 minutes)
    - Centrifuge: 4 Multicolored Dye -> 2 Unicolored Dye 1, 2 Unicolored Dye 2, 1 Unidye (3-4 minutes)
    - Centrifuge: 6 Tricolored Dye -> 2 Unicolored Dye 1, 2 Unicolored Dye 2, 2 Unicolored Dye 3, 2 Unidye (4 minutes)

These are my current notes. I guess I can add chemical reactor recipes to that list.
    Oh, and Greg, prepare your inbox for some questions I will have sooner or later..(though in most cases it'd make much more sense to just open a thread). Oh, and by the way, your reflection methods were rather hieroglyphs to me, probably because I don't really know Java. I learned it theoretically using an online video course, but never used it so I forgot most of it. So I guess I am relearning, now with university and my own copypasta adventures :D

Released Version 1.1.3. 1.6.2 Version is now compatible upwards to the 1.6.4 version too, no need for a fix.

Changed the Unidye Recipes so it is not possible to get Dyes you don't have yet, changed recipes to use the OreDict, removed exploits, removed options to toggle the exploits back on again.
    I am afraid the youtube mod spotlight is already out of date (damn my random motivational and productive boost), will provide my own soon (or Geo Terra might forgive me and do another one, sorry)

One could also include mechanics similar to Thaumcraft's Flux. The more pollution in an area, the more bad things happen. Let's say you put 10 Radioactive Water Source blocks in a chunk. That chunk would for example lose its ability to grow crops or something. You could do so many things with it..A new mod called PollutiCraft? :D And not just radioactive stuff, many processes produce a ton of waste which you'd have to manage, I guess.