Posts by LinusPhoenix

Seems like a pretty interesting mechanic. I think the numbers should be that without machines or a massive storage of nuclear stuff, nothing should really happen. But once you get a reactor going or have some fuel cells you need to take some measures against the radiation. Maybe also adding reactor components which don't manage heat, but isolote against the massive radiation?

Booya, found it. Seems like the recompiling process of 1.6.2 forge and 1.6.4 forge works differently, I recompiled it again and now it seems to be working..I hope it's not only for me :D Look into my Downloads in the first thread, I will include it there.

Yes, I should remove at least the exploits then.

The fuel value for Wool is the same as Wood and you don't gain fuel value when you turn it into Wool Mesh (similar to Biomass->Biofuel in a Refinery, which turns it in 1 4:1 ratio and the Biofuel is worth 4 times more, so you have no netgain.) It's a nice early game addition I think, I could always have my Generators filled up until I got my factory started and could use Creosote oil in a semifluid generator, etc. Maybe there should be a way to make them more endgame..Is Wool burnable in a RC Steam boiler? Would be a nice addition.

I am genuinely confused. That's all I can say. In my developer environment (for 1.6.2 as well as my new one for 1.6.4, they include IC², CCC and NEI), using my 1.6.2 release, I cannot recreate the error, everything starts up normally, etc. But once I put them into an actual minecraft installation, this weird error shows up, calling me out on using a method that does not exist, something to do with ItemHoe.. Which has nothing to do with the constructor of ItemWoolPart nor setting its unlocalizedName. Just...what? I really have no idea how this could even be remotely related. If someone is less confused than me, here's the source code:
    Unidye
    ItemWoolPart

Regarding the exploits: Like I said, these were not really in my mind since you don't really use them too often, at least in the modpacks I play, I will take the exploits out then. Another thing I would be really interested in are your opinions on balancing my mod. On my GregTech Survival World, I gathered some sheep early and used the wool in the generator instead of coal (those went into Coke Ovens) or Wood/Charcoal, which I thought was pretty handy..maybe a little too handy? But that's just GregTech, in normal IC² I doubt wool farming would be a viable early game energy generation.

I can add white dye soon, I didn't really think about a Bone Meal exploit (mostly because I use mfr or forestry's fertilisiers or farms) or monster farms to get drops.

The new experimentals of ic2 for 1.6.4 change a lot, so it's most likely an error to do with compatibility. I'll see what I'll have to fix and maybe provide a 1.6.4 version. Also, when exactly did that error occur?

So, I tried installing minecraft and your mods from the dropbox, I installed forge, everything works fine, then I try to use the DropboxMCUpdater, which gives the following error

When I try to copy the mods and config folder manually then minecraft crashes on start without any error message. Is there a trick to installing these mods that I don't know about?

Awesome, will definitely play for some time on your server! Especially since I am completely new to 1.6.2 IC2 and GregTech in general (In my SSP, I dont even have a single machine yet), it'd be great to get some advice from more experienced people :P And I guess a friendly server is much better than trying my luck in a monstrous pvp arena :D

Hey, my old FTB server has gone kinda inactive and I was looking for a new challenge so I am currently trying to find a Gregtech server that doesn't totally destroy beginners who have never played with gregtech (or ic2 for 1.6.2). How many players are on this regularly and how do you handle pvp?

Thank you :)
    Currently planned for the next version are adding Unidye and Wool Meshes as fuel (the use as fuel as well as its value can be configured so I don't have to balance for standard IC2 and the lot of GregTech users, since I am kind of a noob at GregTech stuff) as well as a Centrifuge-like block who processes Wool Meshes to increase the yield of unidye as well as side products..But that will probably take some time. Also planning to provide a 1.6.2 version then.

Noticed just now, but i may be wrong, Battle Bunny Riven from League of Legends as profile avatar? ~ SpwnX
    Oh yes, I am an avid league of legends player and she is one of my favorite characters :P although that's just random fanart not the skin.

EDIT: Version 1.1.2 out now! Use Wool and Unidye's new Items in a Generator or Furnace! 1.6.2 compatible version available now! Would love some feedback if it is working properly.

You could theoretically decompile IC2, look for the part of the code with the recipe, change it, recompile it, and use it yourself. That would not work for a server (unless every player has done the exact same change/has the exact same jar), only for your singleplayer, and a lot could go wrong, but that would be an emergency solution if you need it so bad. Maybe minor errors in decompiling IC2 could also make it not work anymore, never tried it that way.
    Also, I don't know if the developers would want you to mess with the code in that way and then recompile it..Otherwise, look through the API although I am quite sure there isn't something implemented to change the Mass Fabricator's Recipes. A config option would be very nice to change EU needed for UUM.

Otherwise, if you want a challenge, install GregTech ;)

Then something messed that up, because it isn't. The Shears have a durability bar which gets depleted by the current dummy method but there is no tooltip when hovering over its icon. Also, the tool is destroyed when its durability is depleted.
    I took a quick look at IC2's coding of the ElectricWrench and did not notice a significant difference or any methods which hint that I have forgotten something.

And good too see Greg joining the mortals :P

EDIT: The second problem has most likely to do with me messing around with the methods of ItemShear, so nevermind. The only problem is the Tooltip.

1) I do this in the main class of my mod, in the load method
    2) Corrected.
    3) I did not use a Batpack in my test world, but silly me was in creative mode all along. In Survival it drains properly. Now it works correctly.

4.1) My mod so far only registers items, loads recipes, registers icons, has some constructors and stuff to do with the config file in the preinit method of my main class..these don't need the !world.isRemote check, do they?
    I see why other methods, such as destroying a block or shearing a sheep would.
    4.2) I really have not planned to take on new machines or GUI as long as I don't know what I am doing (well I won't 100% know what I am doing on my first try, but you know what I mean), will look into a tutorial and source code and mess a bit with it to see what everything does.
    5) Will use it for other electric items in the future, thanks.
    6) Well now I feel like an idiot always crafting my shears :D Then I might need to add a little goodie, such as a random chance of dropping Unidye when shearing a sheep ;)

Thanks for your reply and help!

P.S. Oh, one question: If both world.isRemote and FMLCommonHandler...isClient() do the same thing, why use the longer one? There must be a difference :P

Hello,

I've been trying to implement Electric Shears for my Unidye mod but I am having trouble. Currently with the 'Electric' part of all this, although by looking at the class IteamShear and EntitySheep let me know that implementing the shear function to my custom item might be a little harder than what I have done until now.
    But now, to my problem:
    First of all, I am still using Minecraft 1.5.2 and IC2/IC2 API on version 1.116.

I have pretty much followed this tutorial by AGKz about making your own electric Item and it works pretty well so far, it drains EU by a dummy function (using 100 EU on Right Click with the Item in your active Slot) and recharges on its assigned transferLimit, but it seems the bar on the icon in your hotbar does not seem to update. I have looked a bit into the item part of the api and did not really find what I was looking for. How can I force updates to the bar so it actually shows the current EU stored? (Note: There is also no text on the current Charge Status when hovering over the icon.) I am guessing it will have to do something with metadata like the electricWrench uses, but I am a little lost.

I uploaded the ItemElectricShears class here. Any help would be gladly appreciated!