Posts by IC_Pandemonium

You can make them with Buildcraft as well. Using an on/off switch. Had a great one on Industrial Rage. It used a filler to harvest the trees and a builder template to plant the saplings. Simple water transport and obsidian pipe to collect, then wood sorted to chests and sapling re-sent to the builder.

Finally, a simple redstone circuit to power them.

Can't remember who made it (think it was Superzip), but it was very clever.

This is why I love IC²+BC.

The only thing that I can say is build vertical, not horizontal.
    Its not all that great, but if you have a 63 deep minable area, you can have 31 walkable levels, multiply that by 81(9 by 9 chunk area right?), its still far more than enough.
    Either way, MSFUs are still somewhat realistic if you consider transformer substations in real life.
    Its not too bad, especially if you are willing to build a small solar plant by every MSFu to power it in absence of your main power plant.

I'm more of an outdoorsey type :). The idea to supplement the grid with small sub-plants is pretty good. I suppose these problems are not going to be as huge on SMP due to more chunks being loaded...

I mean, what would happen if we make a cable of 100 blocks long with half of it made of glass cable and the other half with gold cable for example. Does the resistance values reset in the "cut" (when one cable connects to the next)?? If it resets in the intersection, could we have a 100 meters long cable made of copper and HV cable alternately with 0 EU lost?

I think the resistance is a tile-value, whereas the resistance-free zone is something thats calculated from a different part of the code. So you'd merely have a funky looking cable causing (R1+R2)/2 losses.

Interesting, but... Well, efficiency 3 is good, but... What cooldown period you need to restart this reactor? I mean, if you running MK.I reactor - all you have to do is replace the uranium cells, when they are depleted, and still have the constant energy flow. With this reactor, you wold gain more energy per uranium cell, BUT less energy per second, because of the cooldown...

If you are only an erratic energy user this might be what you want, you can store the energy in MFSUs.

It is kinda of weird when you think about it for a second though. You can create the machine from its base metals yet you are not skilled enough to demount it without breaking it using a special tool that is specifically designed to demount them?

If youve ever taken something apart and then put it back together you'll know that building something is much much easier than taking something apart in a manner that makes it possible to reconstruct it.

even as you say that its not very easy for me to see in sentences i see in move fingers make words if it means it wont be added because of my poor grammar then i guess thats how its gonna be :(

Welcome to the world, to implement an idea in a project run by a community you need to either convince a) the leader of the community or b) a large part of the community. This usually requires good communication. I kind of understand what you're getting at and would like to see more elaboration.

Might be imba but makes sense. Maybe make it cost a bit more resin, i.e. make a craftable resin-ball made up of 9 resin.

Well basically I'm looking to store the power.... but the batbox will not "fuel" the other batbox. I can't show you a screenshot yet because im not home.

so your system is solar -> BB -> BB -> machines?

if installed correctly the second batbox should start filling up (when machines are unactivated and solar power is less than 32 EUt). Are you applying redstone anywhere?

There usually wont be any power flowing if nothings is pulling it, are you running your machines? Also how far away are your machines? batbox wont emit power if no power would reach the target.

Name: Shocking effect!

Description: was shocked by some low voltage cables, and notice it was kinda boring. you just start losing health. so i was thinking, and i would think it would be cool if the shocked player got the "power armor" and a effect across the screen while being shocked! you could also put power armor around un insulated hi-volt cables! it would be awesome to see a creeper shocked to death! you could also make it so you can run power through iron fences! and put power armor around them too!

No recipe

power armor?

1. Makes sense. Problem is, without the water I'll have to figure out some way to even out the heat, because with that design, you can't do it with cooling cells alone. I'll have to think on that one.

2. Perhaps, although I have no problem doing a quick bucket swap with a cooling cell though, so it's only a minor concern. Those few ticks that the reactor gets 1 less cooling are not going to send it into meltdown.

By the way, how much heat does a bucket of lava add to the reactor? Trying to heat this thing up becomes a problem when the heat gets evened out across all the cooling cells.

you could disconnect your external heat from your internal heat. Avoid using HDs and just use plating to disperse heat within your reactor, that way any heat you add to the reactor via lava is independent of your reactors operations.

I take it as a challenge to build an efficient well-timed factory. Also if you use binary splitting with BC pipes you'll get approximately even splits starting at about 10-15 items per output. So you can split a 64 stack evenly into 4 macerators quite nicely. Or you can just have an obsidian pipe recovery system which would redistribute surplus input from one machine to other machines which have stack space open.