Posts by IC_Pandemonium

Although this is one of the more feasible ways of making fall out actually. Glowing might be hard to pull off, but they could be off.coloured from their normal selves. You'd only really need to do it with the natural blocks, (dirt, gravel, sand, stone). Give each block within a radius larger than the explosion radius a chance to turn "radioactive" thus be replaced by one of these new blocks.

I think the way it should work is you place one next to a tree and it automatically instataps the tree for 1EU/sec. Then you could combine it with chests and BC pipes to create an automatic sticky resin farm. Including automatic smelting and such.

it would probably have to be placed next to a hole-y tree block. This way, using pistons, you could create resin flowers... I'm not sure how OPed such a device should be, I mean harvesting resin isnt the hardest thing in the world if you set your farm up right....

Although I like the idea. I'm also with the thinking that this isn't a very industrial type item.

Metal grates for floor panels that you can see your wiring underneath on the other hand would be awesome. We already have the iron fences for railing. Would give it that proper factory feel. :)

seconded, that would be awesome, watching your underground BC piping as well.

I don't think you're just reacting tin with your nuclear reactors. Yes the mass fabricator uses a lot of energy, but if you know the recipe for making tin from matter, it shouldn't be too costly to run it a few times when you have a recycler to feed it scrap. Assuming you aren't running a dozen of them like IC_Pandemonium suggested.

I dont think small :)

Well technically since Industrial Diamonds need pressure+heat and Carbon Fiber is mostly derived from heat treatments rather than pressure, I think we can safely assume that the compressor also provides heat.

Yeah, I guess the final form of the suggestion would be to make an expensive iron catalyst you can craft, chuck into a compressor and (dont know if you can do this) make the compressor take a bit longer, i.e. significant input of energy, and produce, say, half a stack of fertiliser per catalyst.

And that was the reason for the edit down the bottom, put there before you posted. Please read the whole page at least before posting...
    Anyway, what about the other suggestions? Anyone got more? Anyone got arguments for/against the existing proposals?

your proposal would probably mean basefile edits on MCForge level, no? (as far as changing furnace behaviour is involved). For other suggestions, I've not had massive problems so far with Block ID usage, so have no specific opinion on it either way, just trying to make sure you're pitching your ideas in the right place :).

you just need a winter biome large enough and make a snow farming system akin somehow to auto tree harvesting so as to collect enough snowballs to keep your reactor cool

this is what I was referring to. How could this be done? Do terraformers drop snowballs when removing snow?

compressing water cell -> snowball.
    compressing snowball -> ice.
    And getting water cell is possible with BC pump and automatic crafting table OR miner and pump from IC2.

The creation of the ice can be fully automated.

awesome, didnt know the water cell -> snowball recipe. Sweet.

thats a great idea, now I am gonna use Fourfires source log idea and move them around with pistons and get it all set up that way... gonna have to mine a shaft upwards so I can plant more and piston down the source. and the mod with the big green blocks, thats just a lighting mod (redpower is soooo awesome) I could have just put a torch down and it would have worked as well. As for the grass that it has to be planted on I remember the days I stair stepped grass down into a cave for an animal farm (which notch fixed and can no longer be done) so I could have done it that way... but I have EE so woot.

do pistons not remove holes? sweet.

there already is a way to obtain ice in industrial craft, by compressing snow. I don't think you will be able to convince alblacka to create an ice machine because there are a plethora of other features that are a little more important. but hell there is a freezer in the aether mod.

is there a way to obtain snowballs automatically using BC+IC? (terraformers etc.)

you might not see it but all of the logs are rubber source logs (try to guess how i got them all there :P) the benefit is that it is more compact and faster to harvest the rubber I will be trying to make a second level so that I can get a massive ~100 sticky per harvest
    i personally try to use as few mods as total awesomeness will allow

If you did it legally, I'd say you replanted trees until the bottom log of all had a hole. Thus you could create a second layer with a gap (dirt used for planting the second layer). Illegaly, not sure if MCedit removes the holes or not...