Posts by alexthesax

Dont take your eyes of alexthesax for a second... he will get into all kinds of trouble..... he really needs a baby sitter XD

@killerbees we never checked the reactor -.- lol the cycle takes forever to do lol, i guess ill try and recreate this in both SMP and SSP and see whats what....

I'm not too familiar with how the reactor works, looks like I'll be learning tonight :D Oh, and haha, I'm pretty sure I can speed reactor cycles up :D

Primarily a port, as Alblaka said, I do remember though that I fixed a negligible NullPointerException that was messing my own world up, related to armor, in my case the batpack I had on was preventing the world from running. Anyway, the next version will have lots of little fixes, such as the windmill typo. Assuming my fixes get included in the GUI id conflict hotfix...

Interesting design, I myself had started thinking about ways to detect how much current flows, and I soon realized that it was much to complicated, and could be easily solved with a bit of coding possibly. I haven't look at how the energy net would like this, but if I remember the basics of the energy net, then I think this would be reasonably realistic to do...

1. Add an interface to the detector block, by default working how it is now, but configurable for other things...
    2. Add configuration to pulse redstone around it every x Eus that pass through the wire, thus enabling us to use simple counter setups to detect how much power has flowed, without too much effort.

What do you think?

1. The requirement is only a MINIMUM version, you can use 1.2.2+ fine.
    2. The buggy versions of Forge for 1.0.0 are older versions, 1.2.2 is the good stable 1.0.0 release. There may be new ones, but afaik RP2 works fine (I haven't run into any hiccups)
    3. Enjoy stable 1.0.0.

There is a good reason for this, as there were some MAJOR SMP issues, that were caused by forge. So in conclusion, yes 1.2.2 IS required!

EDIT: Oh FYI, the requirement for 1.2.2 is hard coded in, so unless you want to decompile edit and recompile, 1.2.2 is not optional.

IC2 has its own built in audio manager, and all the sound files are stored in the jar that you download containing IC, thus you can just replace those with the ones you want...

Oh really? Interesting, if I remember correctly all machines will accept direct RS dust, and it will provide one operation for the machine you put it in, no matter what machines you put it in, I mean the core machines, electric furnace, macerator, extractor, induction furnace (may need changed) etc. All the basic machines accept it, even miners and pumps. The kind of stuff that doesn't is stuff that doesn't have a fuel slot, like mass fabricator, electrolyzer, and magnetizer.

Oh, and you said you need an iron pickaxe if you want to mine effectively, really you have to have it for redstone.

EDIT: So anyway, I start all my worlds with a macerator, this way I can stretch my iron as far as possible, I don't care about copper, tin, rubber, or redstone, those are all MUCH less precious than iron, just my two cents. :D

Would love to. Still, can somebody independant grap the version, install it, launch SSP and SMP and doublecheck those bugs?
    If that's done i can push a release.

Assuming i won't be busy 24/7 with the project stuff we gotta work out within the next 7*24 hours.
    7*24-1.5, actually

No worries on being busy, I've had my fair share of those times. Just let us know if there's anything we can do to help. :)

1.41 Changes:Same stuff, just requires new Forge version, 1.2.2. Fixes all SMP bugs that have been reported on.

1.42 Changes:
    Fix for deadly armor based NPE.

Client:
    1.41: http://www.mediafire.com/?dobaiicd71d4tao
    1.42: http://www.mediafire.com/?33bldaa2c7ei87c

Server:
    1.41: http://www.mediafire.com/?r05s5y3ywqoxy69
    1.42: http://www.mediafire.com/?r7msg6hgh64saqu

I've personally tested the Mining Laser bug, plus the other wrench bug, so I think that we are ready to go, all i changed here is the Version number for IC2, and the forge requirement number.

Alblaka, ready to release?