Posts by alexthesax

Based on how he wired the fiber, he doesn't like his CPU either, would be MUCH better off going with painted copper cables, 4 parallel painted wires long -> batbox.

EDIT: There's really no reason to waste diamonds on fiber for this, I could make a 0 loss wire system easily and save resources...

If you know the basics of C++ its easy to learn Java, I taught myself C++ and I started reading basic modloader tuts, and here I am, dev on IC2. I'm not the greatest, but you would be surprised what a bit of knowledge will do, plus a few written tutorials, and some vids. Here's a good place to start....

http://zidmc.x10.bz/

Yeah sorry I didn't tell you guys what to do, we were headed out the door, another 30 sec and I wouldn't have been able to post this.

Yes it is primarily a port, make sure that the quantum helmet works, along with luminators setting you on fire when you touch them when they are on. All the GUI's should be fine, not much to do, but ofc we didn't just want to send this straight to public. Make sure existing worlds load, normal stuff. Get this stuff confirmed and we should be able to release...

EDIT: On the Qhelmet, mainly test the fire depressing and air replenishing capabilities.

I'm sure that's where IC2 is going as well.

This is farther than the truth, we have no plans on implementing advanced redstone controls, such as RP, and we have no plans to implement any "pipes, tubes, conveyor belts" or anything of the sorts, that's what BC is for, or if you like conveyors then Minefactory. If you want advanced RS stuff, you go get RP, its that simple. If you want auto tree farms, you either work with BC, or you go and get Forester, or even Minefactory. If you want the content of the mod, go get that mod, its as simple as that. At least that's what I go by.

This is what I joined the IRC today...

Well I agree with you. I have never used BTW, but just looking at screenshots ect, it looks cool. I do agree with Alblaka too...

A thing most people probably don't know:
    FC got pissed off by the fact Eloraam started copying more and more elements of BTW/BC/IC, which is the reason he decided to drop Forge again.
    I can fully understand his motions in this regard and even if i don't exactly agree with his reactions (probably influenced by stress) mentioned in the post above, I would like people stopping to consider him THE bad guy in the whole conflict.

I would MUCH rather go with Alblakas idea on including hooks to break RP overlaps with other mods, than drop forge entirely. Maybe FC hasn't thought about it this way, so it might be a good idea to suggest it. I am all for having compatible mods, thus why should those who want to run IC/BC/BTW suffer because BTW is not compatible with forge entirely? Just make it incompatible with RP and be done. That's my two cents anyway...

Well I don't know if I can speak for the whole team here, so I want it to be clear that these are my opinions and not necessarily the teams...

At the end of the day fans will go with the majority and the mods that are incompatible with everything else will collect dust.

Quite frankly I don't care, for tech mods I run IC2, BC, and a BC addon, that's it. A while back (RP1) I considered running RP, purely for the advanced wiring, logic gates ect, even lighting, why not. However when RP2 came along, I started out "Cool, RP is now a forge mod, and the wiring is better than ever" ...then Blutricity came out, the ele furnace and solar panel, and I went "WTH!?! Eloram just COMPLETELY ripped IC off, then I cooled off a bit, and went, "Well its only one small feature of IC, and IC is still superior in this aspect, so I guess I could let it go." A while later tubes appeared, then I went "Ok now this is going too far, I can understand a small bit of overlap in mods, but obviously Eloram is trying to take over the ENTIRE tech mod spectrum, essentially trying to combine everything together" Well that started the crossing of borders, and now there is a sorting machine. IMHO Eloram has gone too far already, and I ENTIRELY agree with Alblaka, and will 100% support him if the team takes this position.

Call me old fashioned but I believe that if you want the features of a mod, then you get that mod, even if you don't want all aspects of that mod. Thanks for reading

[/rant]

EDIT:
    Oh one last thing, I don't know about anyone else, but I don't really care if people do use IC, I use IC, I love IC, and I will continue to use IC, if someone else does differently, I could really care less, we are NOT in it for the money, we are in it because we want to.

Golden Helmet: I wanted something super-shiny-wearable which is actually one of the most useless items avaible.

Wooden Hoe: Added after the old amusing IC1 comments "Goddamn, wood tools again. Exspecially hoes, WHOTHEF IS USING WOOD HOES?!".

Lolz, this is one of those things that just has to stay in the system, I love golden helmets, and wooden hoes are just like, "Awww another wooden hoe again!" Then I just recycle it, in hopes to get a diamond from them :D

lol no worries :P You said your painting a house, as in with painters? Use the latest GIT version if so, fixed the 32 use painter, it was a 15 damage value check, just as suspected...

Were you shift clicking, or just dropping them in by hand? My guess is that you were shift clicking, however I can shift click fine on my server, so idk about that. Can you interact with the other mods? Like the filler, diamond pipe, engines, etc from BC, or any RP stuff, or is this purely IC? Another note, you may want to update your additionalpipes, I believe they officially updated for 2.2.5..