Posts by Nonotan

Don't necropost please, but for the sake of answering your questions:

How do i properly transform energy without major energy losses?

Transformers don't lose energy. They just request the energy four times less frequently. So if you have a MV transformer hooked up to an MFE, it would output 128EU/t, but only drain 512 EU once every four ticks. To get 512 EU/t on four MV lines, simply use four transformers. There is no energy loss.

How do I set up a proper power management to power more engines at once without risking to blow them up and also deliver the proper amount of energy those engines need?

Engines? There are no engines in IndustrialCraft. If you are talking about Forestry electric engines, they don't explode.

For example: If I want to power four engines that consumes 128 EU/t each do I need then to add maybe high voltage upgrades and to power them through a high voltage power line with 512 EU/t to make sure that every engine gets the proper amount of energy?

Or use four MV transformers.

Or is there the same effect like with the transformators now so that the HV Power upgrade just drops 3/4 of the energy and I can only power one engine properly in that case?

Transformer upgrades don't mess with anything except allow your machine to take a higher voltage without exploding.

And this is just one little example how confusing it gets now just to find proper setups for the stuff that I want to do...
    Bulding up a large power plant - how and why? It looks like I have to power the most engines separately to make sure that they get the proper amount of energy.
    Building up a fusion reactor that produces plasma - why if I loose the most energy of it while transforming the energy produced by the plasma generators down to the EU/t size I need at the moment?
    Do you see how confusing this gets and - yes - without proper solutions how annoying this becomes?

It's not confusing, just poorly documented for a variety of reasons:

• The e-net is experimental and subject to change, so documenting it only for the mechanics to get reworked becomes wasted effort.
    • People don't read the wiki or Google for solutions even when directed to do so, and instead make forum posts complaining about their problems.
    • No one appreciates wiki editors. Seriously. It's a thankless job that most people are not willing to do.

I could use with some more information on how to run MOX reactor. My nuclear reactor is completely automated, really every single step even processing the depleted ones. But i'm worried about doing that for MOX because the fuel cells can stack... it might put them overlapped in the reactor and cause heating or weird problems. Secondly i only assume all design plans are run as they are, 0 heat. I have no clue on how to heat the reactor higher. If it involved removing specific heating vents from the reactor, i would assume some guide said so, and also there are 0 videos about MOX in youtube... it's like nobody knows how to run them.

Normal fuel cells also stack, just like MOX cells, so I don't know what you're worried about. A bug allowed all types of fuel cells to be fed into the reactor in stacks (not sure if fixed), but it doesn't generate extra heat or EU, just wastes cells. If you managed to make uranium cells not stack in your automation, the problem is already solved for MOX.

There are plenty of MOX reactor designs in its dedicated thread. Heating it up involves either removing heat vents in a way such that cell heat generated goes into the hull directly, or cramming a quad cell into a corner of the reactor that doesn't melt components. You could also experiment in a creative world instead of waiting on tutorials.

I have been running nuclear reactor in IC2 experimental for many days. End result is that we have several thousands of Uranium-238 and nothing to use it for. Plutonium reserves have been used for MOX fuel cells and RTG pellets, and everytime we get tiny dust from uranium ore, the 238 count only increases. Shouldn't there be like recipe to turn the 238 into 9 tiny, or something else?

MOX fuel returns all the plutonium you used in making it, plus some more. MOX is a great energy source, definitely save your U238 for them.

Why don't you just google it? No need to waste space on this forum.

Because I already did, and I see absolutely no compelling reason to use it over NEI save for extremely fringe cases. If you actually bothered to check the timestamp of this post, you'll see that it is a contextual jab at people who whine about the lack of CraftGuide support in IC2, when the problem is CraftGuide's lack of IC2 crafting handler support, their decision to use CG instead of NEI, and not any fault on IC2's end to "not support" their mod.

I imagine you take the time to read every single thread of every post you go to. Most of us know there are helpful people out here that will save us that trouble. :thumbdown:

You have the time to make an account for the IC2 forum and post about a common question, but no time to Google the solution? Seriously?

Some reliable information about crops now that I've bred them to high stats first hand:

- Growth >24 does NOT cause the plant to spread by itself. It will instead spawn weeds on adjacent crop blocks.
    - This weed behavior does not prevent crossbreeding, but it will spawn weeds on the crossbreed sticks very often before an actual plant shows up.
    - The spawned weeds grow EXTREMELY fast and have the same Growth statistic from the plant that spawned them.
    - Growth >24 plants are immune to weeds, so they will not self-destruct.
    - At nutrients value 0 (possibly the same with hydration?), plants will not grow and will spontaneously die. This appears to only be an issue in desert/ocean biomes.

It's also much faster to breed Stickreeds to 31/31/31 then rediscover other crops from it, than it is to breed up the stats for each crop independently.

Just on this one, because your post was way above the maximum bullshit-level to be answered: Someone actively made CraftGuide incompatible to IC2. If there was no "support" for CG in IC2, it would work perfectly fine.

Two things: You called my post bullshit without actually backing up your claim, and you also didn't answer my question of why you're using CraftGuide instead of the vastly superior NEI.