Posts by Nonotan

And I need a form of power generation that is capable of forming more than 2 iron ingots. If I have all that, then yes: 2 hoppers are definitely affordable.

Charcoal + Generators. Easily doable with a Forestry multifarm. It's not really anybody else's fault that you're using lava for power gen instead of other far superior forms of power generation.

The difference is that for once I could just use other ways of smelting (like my own advanced furnace mod), or I could just quickly build like 8 furnaces to speed things up, because the material cost for a stone furnace is basically non-existent. I could theoretically build several metal formers, but the cost for one is not minor, I need to wire them, and they still drain ridiculous amounts of energy to work. If I had 4 metal formers, I'd be busy running back and forth fetching lava.

Then make an advanced metal former mod for another way of ingot forming? Or make green generators? You're not playing with GregTech, so solars/windmills are ultra cheap.

I'd love to, but for that I need resources, so in the beginning I just have to stare at them, waiting for them to complete. Especially if I have no chunk loader mod installed. You could even say that without other mods, IC2 in the experimental form is forcing you to stare at machines till they are done.

No you don't. Chop trees, build a house, do IC2 crops, set up a rubber plantation, or better yet mess with other mods you probably have installed. There are tons of things to do, especially in modded minecraft, so you don't really need to wait on IC2 machines for anything.

Beside that I don't really want to do excel spreadsheets to play a game, I don't even know what the resource costs are, because the CraftGuide support is still messed up.

Why do you still use CraftGuide? NEI does its job, and arguably 50 times better.

The metal former is really fast, it just isn't instant like the forge hammer. Throw ingots in, go do something else, come back for plates. You're also using lava in geothermal generators for EU for some reason, make better EU generation.

Besides, it's still faster than smelting iron for refined iron.

I have tested the Plasma Generator on multiple versions of 4.07 and the output seems to be skewed from all known sources that talk about the plasma generator. According to the math I have found, each cell of Plasma should output 8,192,000 EU total at 2048eu/t for roughly 3.3 minutes given 20 tps. However when I attach a Plasma Generator to a MFSU and insert one Plasma cell, it will only fill up 4 million EU and expires in half the time it should. I also noticed when using the portable scanner on the Plasma generator it will only fill up to roughly 22k of the internal stored energy instead of the 1 billion that it states.

Was there a change to the Plasma generator that I've missed or is this a bug? I looked through the unofficial change log and did not notice see any mention of it.

I tested this on 1.6.4 on a new clean forge server with only IC2 (each time using the version Greg recommended for that version of GT) and GT 4.07 (several versions since December) installed in addition to several premade mod packs and found the same result.

What math? Did Greg specifically say they are supposed to give 8m EU at some point?

Plasma cells only generate 4096k EU each. This is even stated in the NEI tooltip.

Y U NO outright fortune III the nether ores? :(

I wrote the thread when they macerated to 4 dust each; Fortune gave less than 4 Dirty Pyrite Dust/Cinnabar Dust per ore and was thus inferior, then Greg nerfed the macerator recipes for them but not fortune, and I didn't adjust the thread because I didn't know that change happened.

With GT for example, coal is made up of 8 (I'll likely change it to 1) ash, 1 oxygen and 1 hydrogen cell

Coal IS carbon, and the dust is marked "C2" by GT, so I'd say two carbon cells plus a tiny amount of UUM should do (enough to prevent energy loops).

Hmm charcoal is also just carbon cells, so is diamond. Maybe require a pile of dust as the seed crystal (output two products at the end) in ambiguous GT recipes (so 2 carbon cell + coal dust = 2 coal, 1 carbon cell + charcoal dust = 2 charcoal, 64 carbon cell + diamond dust = 2 diamond).

Without GT:

Diamond Dust + Iron Ingot + 5 Reinforced Stone = Crystal Grinder (16 durability tool, breaks into Diamond Dust when it runs out)

- 4 Glass + Crystal Grinder -> Seed Crystal
    - OR -
    - Quartz (Nether or Certus) + Crystal Grinder -> 4 Seed Crystal
    - OR -
    - Industrial Diamond + Crystal Grinder -> 64 Seed Crystal

Seed Crystal recipes: (Assuming machine takes 32 EU/t)
    - Black Dye + 197mB UUM -> Coal (4k EU) (6.25s)
    - Grey Dye + 113mB UUM -> Charcoal (4k EU) (6.25s)
    - Blue Dye + 545mB UUM -> Lapis Lazuli (4k EU) (6.25s)
    - Cyan Dye + 281mB UUM -> Ender Pearl (16k EU) (25s)
    - White Dye + 19716mB UUM -> Iridium Ore (512k EU) (800s)
    - Light Blue Dye + 5308mB UUM -> Diamond (32k EU) (50s)
    - Lime Dye + 2237mB UUM -> Emerald (32k EU) (50s)
    - 3x Wither Skeleton Skull + 66666mB UUM -> Nether Star (4096k EU) (6400s)

Not sure if other mods add Ruby/Sapphire/Green Sapphire but the Red/Green dyes are open (and you can make it take Lapis to make Sapphires by not using the oredict blue dye for that recipe). gemPeridot seems to be a Biomes 'O' Plenty gem that you are expected to mine, so adding a recipe seems not to be needed.

With GT, please just reverse the centrifuge/electrolyzer recipes. Otherwise I'll build a castle out of Chrome and spell "BALANCED" in Emerald Blocks with dispensers throwing Diamonds into lava running 24/7 at the front doors.

Hm, if i take uum as a catalyst, it'll just be like a really suckish reverse recipe that takes eu, time, uum.

I don't think I'd call anything that lets you make gems from common ores "suckish" (remember that you can get Chrome in more ways than just Ruby dust, and similarly, you can then make Emeralds from easily farmed materials; it's all about transmuting stuff you have an excess of into stuff you need). Plus, a Dust -> Electrolyzer -> Recrystallizer cycle avoids the 25% loss (and ITNT cost) of an Implosion Compressor.

(And please add a tank, since it'll standardize it with IC2's liquid handling. Plus good programming experience for you.)

Also makes UUM less useless than it is right now; I'm not talking whole buckets of UUM for one gem, something like a few hundred or so mB of UUM per recipe for precious gems is pretty cheap.

Do you want the machine to be usable if GT is not installed? IC2 has a very limited number of items/fluids and you most likely will only get to add a Diamond one (from 32 Coal Dust or 64 Charcoal dust) if you want the recipes to make sense.

@all:
    I need suggestions for recipes for all the gems for my crystalliser.

For the GT gems and Ender Pearls, simply reverse the GT electrolyzer/centrifuge recipes (add Tiny Pile of Iron Dust for Blue Sapphire, and Tiny Pile of Magnesium Dust for Green Sapphire). Does your machine have an internal tank? You can require a small amount of UUM input for the gems, explained as "crystallization catalyst".

Note that for the garnets and I think lapis you need to add reverse recipes for gem dusts that don't have a gem equivalent (Grossular Dust, Uvarovrite Dust, etc.) You can reverse the electrolyzer recipes for those.

Nether Quartz: 2 Silicon cells, 4 Compressed Air cells (Your machine does have a cell output slot, right?)
    Nether Star: 60 Sulfuric Acid cells, 12 Carbon cells, 3 Wither Skeleton Heads, 1 Industrial Diamond
    Iridium Ore: Just take the iridium dust and like 100mB UUM or something.
    Diamond: 64 Carbon cells, as a reverse of the Industrial Electrolyzer recipe.

That is actually not correct, regardless of font size.

A regular generator will happily waste fuel because as soon as you ask it to start burning a unit of coal (worth 4000 EU), then it burns that unit of coal completely, no matter if the energy is needed or not. So you could technically have a recycler connected to you energy network, throw in one item for 45 EU recycling cost, and waste an entire 4000 EU piece of coal. Provided you only have one generator. Multiple ones might all light up at the same time if the storage unit sends a 32 EU packet. Up to 32 generators can start burning a new piece of coal then.

Greg already mentioned this, and I provided a solution to the problem.