Posts by Blood Asp

They all can draw up to 10amp when filling their internal buffers, so you must limit amps at the source or use big 10amp cables. While running they request 1 amp every 2 ticks. Actually a little bit more because of the loss.

Holy crap. I've made some big setups before but I've never run more than 8 turbines at once and never more than 4 from one supply. That is impressive to say the least. Idk what flow rate you're aiming for but you may find huge Ti isn't enough. Also intersections will kill you. You'll want pumps at least at every intersection and if that isn't working out the way you calculate experiment with pumps at every pipe block. Also always always use a fluid regulator adjacent to LHEs and large turbines. The LHE math seems to be a bit more... unpredictable, especially when using ICs. Tune the LHE input for your designed steam flow rate.

Also the only issue i can think of. But also sounds a bit off since said turbines do not start up again after first spin. There are many small things, but they all seem bit off.
    No blocks in front of the turbine(but they would not complete the multiblock anyways).
    Adding a muffler to steam turbines might result in strange behaviors.
    All maintainance fixed?

Are you going to add a Rotarycraft compatibility for GT machines? E.g. for boilers/ furnaces ?

What exactly do you mean by boilers and furnace compatibility with GT?
    Recipes?
    Or somehow energy compat?
    Since rotarycrafts balancing is completely different from GT, compatibility is not that easy.

What i really want to know is, if the enet will finally get fixed.

That broken enet we had for years now has basicly the same functionallity as RF. That is the sad reason why so many took IC2 switching to RF as true. Should the EU system not get fixed soon, switching to RF might really be the better option. Or just do the really long time needed rollback to the old working EU.

The Mass Fab is a PITA! As hinted by the twin 4x cables in the recipes, it takes 8 Amps! The only ways I have found of providing that sensibly were with directly attached transformers or battery buffers (the latter being rather expensive what with all the batteries). My current setup with two Advanced Mass Fabricators (MV) is shown below:

Welcome here slave of the grind.

To be exact about mass fab: All tiers can draw up to 10amp so remember when wireing them up. They use less. All need same EU per UUM and double the speed per tier, so needed amps half each time. 8Amp(+loss) on LV, 4Amp MV, 0.5Amp on IV.

About the pyrolyse oven: Did you change the circuit in the gui slot? That is a different one to notice there is nitrogen and it just runs the default one without.

Now that IC2 for 1.8.9 has been announced (even if it hasn't been released yet), have you given any thought to whether you'll port GT5u/GT5e to 1.8.9 sometime after that? (I know asking "when" is against the rules, but as far as I've been able to tell, asking "if" is allowed here, unlike the Minecraft forum)

For now i finish GT5 up. I have 3 bigger additions (pollution, tool changes, cleanroom for circuit production) and about 20 smaller changes (add Lightning Rod, ect.) on my list. After that only bugfixes. Maybe i will try to follow IC2 to 1.8 or 1.9 in a few months, but no idea if i can handle the rendering changes.

Well, the output is per tick, so 20x per sec. That way it fits into the output hatches just fine. But i might need to slow down the LHE a bit.

Still missing some Arc Furnace recipes for bronze/LV machines

They are only hidden and work just fine. So many that had issues finding the right way to produce stuff in NEI since there where dozens of recycling recipes outputting the same stuff.

Well then: Bugfix update
    GT 5.09.21

Should be far less buggy than the last one.

*Fix fluid regulator recipe.
    *Fix some more missing recipes.
    *Change charcoal pit tooltip(now better to understand? If not, help me out please).
    *Allow multiple inputs in distillation tower.
    *Invert outputs of distillation tower fluids(light fluids top, heavy fluids bottom).
    *Oil rebalance(Rised gas fuel values, made heavy oil processing faster, cracking cheaper and outputs more gas, cracking light fuel to gas and burning it in multiblock gas turbine should slightly better than nitrofuel while being more complex).
    *Check damage from hot pipe also with connected sides.
    *Stop disassembler destroying items.
    *Fig rotor assembler recipes missing(had to change large fluid cells recipes/Recipe conflict).
    *Fluid extractor show one recipe per material.
    *Arc furnace show iron and copper recipes.

A multiblock turbine only produces as much as the optimal flow suggests. Everything supplied above the optimal flow will be used without additional output. Up to 125% usage. So if you supply unlimited, the turbine will waste 25% fuel compared to the optimal flow.

Below optimal flow will lower the efficiency. Suppling for example 50% the optimal flow will at the same time lower efficency to 50% resulting in 25% power output.

It has been a while and i still have not the main features finished i wanted in this update, but so there is something for you guys to do i updated GT.

GT 5.09.20

This update is again one that has many internal changes and little testing. So make sure to backup and prepare for some Bugs.

*Fixed heavy oil not generated(other oil types pumped might change as random generator was changed).
    *Changed some Crop stats to fix crossbreeding (by Nidan).
    *Fixed broken gui of modular armor(by miuirussia).
    *Fix Fusion Reactor starting without enough energy in buffer(by techlone).
    *Fix Forestry Log&Planks above meta 15 not changed by GT.
    *Added compatibility for Nuclear Control monitors to large turbines.
    *Fixed large turbine output above optimal flow incorrect.
    *Added sharpness entcant to HSS metals.
    *Made Large Fluid Cells cheaper and higher stacking.
    *Improved stats of sense.
    *Adding missing drop to Uranium crop.
    *High pressure turbine now deletes normal steam in input hatch to not get stuck by heat exchanger messing up.
    *Added Lathe recipes for wooden bowls.
    *Fixed mox fuel rods in fluid reactors.
    *Fixed impossible recipe in implosion compressor.
    *Added Silicone soft hammer.
    *Added assembling machine recipe for rotors.
    *Fixed Adv Miner II not stopping at bedrock.
    *Fixed Adv Miner II destroying Oil Sands.
    *Made HV Magic Energy Converter pre fusion tier.
    *Added Fluid Filter cover(shutter cover that only lets pass fluids it is set to. set by right click with fluid container).
    *Added Regulator cover(pump cover with adjustable L/sec).
    *Fixed shift right click with screwdriver not working (finally lowering values without looping trough up to 64 values).
    *Fixed Item Detector cover.
    *Hiding of all unused ores from NEI (about 3000 entrys removed from NEI, can be reenabled in config).
    *Hiding of recycling recipes (should improve search for the correct recipes a lot. About 30k recipes that no longer show in NEI but still work. Also with config).
    *Fixed Gunpowder unlocking clean dust achievement.
    *First internal works on Tool hardening and Pollution systems. Only about half done.

Well, the "promoted" way would be Coal -> Oil/Gas -> Nuclear -> Fusion.

Feeding a single boiler with 30 charcoal/min should be possible without too much lag and equals about 300EU/t. Enough to reach MV age withoug much trouble. Oil from other mods is usually quite limited for GT usage. You usually use up one source within a few hours. But the GT Oil drill can supply much bigger amounts. It is just annoying to search for a good oil chunk. Turning it into nitrodiesel should get you to 500-800EU/t quite easy. IC2 Biogas can reach similiar outputs when using a Destillation tower, but that is likely still too expensive for you. Then next are IC2 Reactors. Recently i boosted their output a lot, but made them also more expensive to build (Titanium = EV Tech). A simple EU output Thorium reactor can reach 224EU/t, using a fluid mox reactor cycling cooling cells and GT Highpressure Turbines i could reach about 8800EU/t from 4 Quad Mox cells.

That is an internal forge issue with the fluid sorting. The only way to fix it is NBTedit/NBTExplorer.

First make a backup of you world safe!

The use NBTExplorer or NBTEdit to open your safegames level.dat.
    There at Forge/DefaultFluidList search for oxygen and delete the entry. Deleting the full list might also work, but in that case the allready stored fluids in your world might change into different ones.

Did you add a new mod to your pack after the world allready started? If you add in later a mod that also adds it's own version of oxygen (or example Galactricraft does that), forge and GT screw up the fluid sorting and the filterlist of input hatches fails.

That can be fixed by using NBTedit on the savegame to remove the old wrong oxygen entry.

Also updating to the latest GT version(GT5.09.19) is recommended 5.09.01 is really buggy. Forge 1448 is also broken in multiplayer. At last update to 1492 or newer.