Posts by bear989

BUG REPORT
    I made a full set of basic modular armor and put brass plates in them, the tool yip shows all 0s but the gui show the resistances
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/m6qw…5-05-05_21.45.35.png?dl=0

also axle added a vanadium plate and it show 0's as well in the tool tips but in the gui it shows 0 weight and all 100% fer resistances
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/axx0…5-05-05_21.45.22.png?dl=0

not sure if intended but there is no armor rate above heathbar either

the tool tip has updated now and the armor bar is showing, but what is the weight limit, i had 4 brass plates in each, except helmet, witch was empty and they all read too heavy and I was really slow. if u need more screenshot ill take em

BUG REPORT
    I made a full set of basic modular armor and put brass plates in them, the tool yip shows all 0s but the gui show the resistances
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/m6qw…5-05-05_21.45.35.png?dl=0

also axle added a vanadium plate and it show 0's as well in the tool tips but in the gui it shows 0 weight and all 100% fer resistances
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/axx0…5-05-05_21.45.22.png?dl=0

not sure if intended but there is no armor rate above heathbar either

GREG QUESTION, if i remember correctly wood,paper, and other burnable materials will ignite when heat is at a high enuff temp IRL, and coal/charcoal will leave hot coals behind that would restart a fire if stoked quickly enough. to save on lighters can this be added to the burnbox? also it will help when trying to regulate a temp with hoppers if a thermometer with readstone output is implemented.

Axlegear iron is ez to get.
    Have you ever mined with a hammer? With GT my first pickaxe is always a hammer.
    Place the iron ore in the world, mine it with a hammer to get the crushed ore. Open your crafting grid and put the hammer above the crushed ore in order to get impure iron dust. This only has 1 unit of iron and this method separates the stone from the ore, even though it may key you run through a lot of hammers.
    Also you should totally setup an iron golem farm. I made the smallest setup possible, yet I'm using iron blocks as dummy blocks to build.

it doesnt make sense when someone is trying to bug fix/ test GT to tell them how to exploit things instead of using the implemented mechanics of the mod your testing, if you chose to play differently to avoid such things that is your choice, but in my opinion here we are trying to help Greg make Gregtech the best it can be, by thoroughly testing and reporting findings, not telling others how to work around implemented features

For me it was always difficult where using an exploit starts, and where "honest farming" ends. It's hard to put the line. I mean, is buildin a mob grinder for loot and xp from a mob spawner an exploit? Is building a mob grinder by abusing mob spawning mechanics an exploit? Is enderman farming in the end an exploit? Is villigaer-concetration-camp contraption for trade farming an exploit?

Etc etc etc. Don't be so harsh to judge ;)
    Almost anything automatic involving mobs is an exploit in minecraft.

everyone has there own line of what is and what aint an exploit. there are things I choose not to do such as build iron golem or pigmen farms do to iron and gold being a limited resource, where most villager trading for food or and things that are renewable is perfectly fine, others play where if its possible do it. its all about the enjoyment you get from the game. now i personally think that especially with mods, that the more you do these "exploits" the faster you get to the end game material with less to do and you get bored, especially for non creative types like me that arent into building big cities of gold, or massive castles, etc..

Guys.. Just find a village, dig an iron farm into the ground and push some villagers inside the cages while making sure they will not collide and take damages thanks to grag's anti lag system.
    Aren't we able to make tools out of bismuth? Lead?
    Also burning boxes out of lead and bismuth?
    I know, bismuth only spawns in small ores form, but seriously, why are you pretending knowing that one can't find out how to get machines going without even knowing that you have to mine on mountains, beaches, deserts and red sand deposits in mesa biomes?
    It would take one at most one hour to gather 1 stack of bismuth AND lead, and a crapton other materials.

well first off i dont do iron gollem farms, and sec the bismuth, or lead tools take harder handles so no they wont work

the steam alloy smelter takes allot of steam to run, i usually wait till the boiler is at least 1/2 full of steam before running a process threw, also all steam machines need a steam vent not steam input, standard is the back side and must be a air block to run correctly, as for the nei issue, i had a similar problem months ago, and if i did a full reload and made sure that the gui setting in options was set to normal

i've been trying to do a survival go with GT6 and the lag is really bad, i removed any mods that added world gen except forestry, and railcraft, witch helped but after leaving spawn it gets bad again. im using about 15 less mods than i do in my GT5 world. the GT6 server keeps logging it cant keep up. i usually play on Axels server so i normally would let him him submit issues, so if there is any more info you need let me know. btw i like the new crucible and firebox although finding quarts to light it is a pain so far. we need a slow fire-starter like TFC has at least to get iron smelted to make a flint and tinder. i also noticed that the bronze ingots crafting with 3 copper and 1 tin ingots is still active, not sure if its intended or not.