Posts by SpwnX

not the most effecent design and not cheap is it legit

it is not most EU/t per wind mill efficient but it is very space efficient (used low space for tons of wind mills) and it is legit.
    Built on version 1.8.1/IC 1.337b

Edit: 32 wind mills per tower is a good number.
    64 wind mills per tower is also good, if you have even more limited space.

This is my SMP wind farm

Each Wind Tower has 32 wind mills with glass fiber cables
    Wind towers are connected to Reversed MV transformers which sends energy directly to a massfab/mfsu, using 1.337 EU-Splitter cables
    Each tower has 4 block spacing between to avoid lots of obstructions.
    My setup Has 1600 Wind mills [50 Wind Towers] Each tower gives about 40-120 EU/t Edit
    Outputs from 2000-6000 EU/t
    [Edit2] output is without thunderstorms/rain [Add 50%/20% if thundering/raining]
    Space used 64X10X32

Pro Tip: 1.337 Special cables carry up to Extreme Voltage and has EU distance loss equal to tin cables [39 cable length for no EU loss]
    [Edit] on 1.43 Special cables carry only up to HV.
    [Edit2]: 1.6 made special cables conductivity bad, so use glass fiber instead.

This was taken from my other post on How to setup a wind farm?

And i am a big fan of wind power, except for the wind mill breaking part. [i have to repair a wind mill every hour or so.]

Once my world is really advanced i use only glass fiber cables. Why? Because you got near limitless resources and resources arent a limiting factor anymore. When 2 CASUC reactors are feeding a mass fab for several days you know what i mean.

Or you can use Splitter cable which is even better than glass fiber and it is cheaper. [has lower eu/block loss]
    4 Splitter cables uses 2 refined iron (8 HV cable), 24 rubber, 4 levers and 8 redstone.
    4 Glass fiber cables uses one diamond, 2 redstone and 6 glass.

For once somebody suggest an ore an actually an array of possible uses instead of a single one.
    Kudos for that, but unless we run out of ideas, this is low priority still ^^'
    As well, strongly dislike adding new ores, as they would require people to start new maps / explore distant regions to be obtained.

Instead of new ores, a way to produce mercury industrially?
    UU-Matter recipe maybe?

Or Nuclear fusion
    Au(79 p) + H(1p) = Hg(80p)? [This is not very realistic since lots of physics rules are ignored but we have mass fabricators why not that?]

Coolant cell -> extractor -> Hydrogen cell

Gold dust + Hydrogen cell -> inside a VERY hot nuclear reactor -> Mercury blob

You can also change luminator recipe and add mercury to it, since mercury when receives energy emits a white light.

Cloud maker would have a purpose, make wind mills gain 20% production boost.[ it means that cloud maker would need an insane EU/t cost or it will be overpowered.]
    [And that could be also used for griefing, indirectly. Rain makes solar panels NOT produce energy.]

Lightning maker too, prevent mobs from getting near your house. Or set a forest on fire (or someone's wooden house haha.) [ I mean it can be used for griefing, unless those lightnings doesnt make fire as normal ones does.]

If that is implemented, that will be good for mass fabricators, which if it is exploded on ground make a crater of 16 diameter + 6 deep [tested now] [MC 1.0.0/IC² 1.43]
    I somehow managed to exploded one on a smp server, 3/4 of my house was destroyed (32x32 plot), all chests were destroyed and server lagged due high number of items on ground =\

This is the picture of my SMP wind farm, its average production is about 4000EU/t
    It has 1600 wind mills, its not entirely safe (some wind mills breaks during thunderstorms/rain), but i can afford repairing it.
    It has 50 Wind towers (32 wind mills)

I'm using EU-splitter cables for wiring due their low EU/block loss (which is equal to tin cables) and it is able to carry up to Extreme Voltage. [I'm using IC² 1.337b]

i have 1600 wind mills connected to a massfab on a single face getting 2000-6000 EU/t [1600 wind mills/50 wind towers/ 32 wind mill each tower/ Reverted MV transformer each tower/ Using EU-spliiter cable to carry HV from transformers to massfabricator.] {Eu-splitter cable carry up to EV and has EU loss due distance equal to tin cables.}
    i placed a stack of scrap when massfab was running at 6000EU/t, it vanished in seconds

Extreme Voltages are useful when transporting high amounts of energy for great distances. [Wind farm is an example]

Tip: If you have lots of resources you can use 1.337 special cables (EU-Splitter is cheaper than detector) instead of 4xins HV cable.
    Special cables carry up to Extreme Voltage and has EU distance loss equal to tin cables. [39 cables before losing one EU]

Yes they are cheaper than solar, but people for some reason don't like setting windmills, which is easy in my opinion.

make a small compact setup and it will be better and cheaper than solar. Then you make your base at sky to avoid eu loss due distance, or use EV + Special cables (detector/splitter)
    if your base is too high, use 2 magnetizer to go up (+2 batbox + 2 solarpanel), easy and cheap way to go up

This is my SMP wind farm

Each Wind Tower has 32 wind mills with glass fiber cables
    Wind towers are connected to Reversed MV transformers which sends energy directly to a massfab/mfsu, using 1.337 EU-Splitter cables
    Each tower has 4 block spacing between to avoid lots of obstructions.
    My setup Has 1600 Wind mills [50 Wind Towers] Each tower gives about 40-120 EU/t Edit
    Outputs from 2000-6000 EU/t
    [Edit4] output is without thunderstorms/rain [Add 50%/20% if thundering/raining]
    Space used 64X10X32

Pro Tip: 1.337 Special cables carry up to Extreme Voltage and has EU distance loss equal to tin cables [39 cable length for no EU loss]
    [Edit] on 1.43 Special cables carry only up to HV.
    [Edit5]1.7 Special cables are not good for long distance energy transport anymore

i reported few times, TMI quantum dropped on ground cannot be pickedup, both vanilla and bukkit, not really bug, but its very easy to handle zero damage for items - remove them instantly on any operation, this will effectively ban TMI usage.

fully damaged legit quantum dropped due death of user also cannot be pickedup, due invalid damage value (over max and\or negative

They cant be picked up normally, but i forced pick with obsidian pipe... it replicated itself ;)
    TMI IS NOT THE PROBLEM... how can i use TMI on a normal server if i am NOT an Operator or admin or something like
    This happened with legit item about 3/4 damaged. and only with helmet part. [other parts never bugged to me]

Offtopic: what changed about windmill mechanics? [its on IC² 1.337, but couldn't see anything different]