[Suggestion/Questions] Some way of feeding luminators with cheap lossless cable.

• Right, did some extensive testing with luminators now. (I have been using RP2 lamps because they look nicer and will turn off when you flick a switch but ran into other issues along the way that forced me to scrap the idea)
    I also want my lighting to consume power. I don't like "free" stuff like torches and RP2's lamps. So luminators it is for that reason as well.
    Now, the problem is that it's pretty expensive to set up luminators for tunnels that stretch for several hundred blocks underground. Having to use a whole bunch of transformers etc etc just to save on the energy loss in long cables.

It is possible to run them on tin wire from a bat box but you have to split the current and do all kinds of wonky things to get them to work on tin cable from any kind of generation/bat box besides solar panels. (which i WILL NOT USE, especially not in my underground mining shafts)
    Somehow i was able to feed up to 28 EU/t down a tin cable after having experimented with adding and removing luminators and removing the split boxes.
    But one small mistake and you would fry X number of tin cables in an instant. And setting them up is a PAIN. Plus (Not 100% sure) you can't remove a luminator and get it back...? (I have tried wrenching them, using my hands, drill and saw. They are destroyed when i break them)

The suggestion then is to introduce some kind of cable that will ONLY work with luminators and still can accept power from bat boxes/LV transformers without melting.
    Maybe call it "thin copper wire" which you make out of 2 copper ingots and you get 16 of them?
    It can be fed with LV (32 EU/t) and will only provide power to luminators. The energy loss could be 1 EU every 100 blocks (allowing you to hook up 32 luminators in 100 blocks or 1 luminator 3200 blocks away)

Any other ideas?

• I still say an ultra-low-voltage TF is the way to go. (limit of tin wire or 4; whichever is lower) is the way to go. Also fixing that annoying waste the 'last' eU bug with luminators.

Luminators are (probably) removable via wrenching. It's the tool I'd try if all my testing thus far weren't in creative mode. The Wiki probably denotes that positively (which tool removes)

• Official Post

split and detector cables have property of glass fibre.

split and detector cables are better than glass fibre
    they handle up to Extreme Voltage and has distance loss equal to tin cables (41 blocks including emitter and receiver blocks [39 cable length]).
    Tested at SSP and SMP

• Wow, didn't eve consider split/detector cables as an alternative. But that is somewhat "cheating" isn't it? And if it gets patched then i will have to rebuild the whole thing again...

EDIT: Not to mention i have to put any redstone related stuff away from said cables.

• Luminators are (probably) removable via wrenching. It's the tool I'd try if all my testing thus far weren't in creative mode. The Wiki probably denotes that positively (which tool removes)

I already pointed out that i have tried wrenching them. The Wiki page lists no tool for them.

• I already pointed out that i have tried wrenching them. The Wiki page lists no tool for them.

Since I'm the one who started listing tools in the first place, and a couple of other people have now started doing it too, I'll just say that if something doesn't list a tool, it means that either nobody has identified what tool it needs or nobody has updated it yet. If it says "N/A" for the tool, that means that no tool is required. Note that the tool listed is generally the minimum. So, if it's a stone block, it should list a Wooden Pickaxe, even though any pickaxe will work. The Wiki only differentiates between pickaxes, and is not concerned with different types of shovels, hoes, etc. This is because there is never a situation where you can only dig something with a diamond shovel, for example.

So, if someone tests a Bronze Wrench and finds that it is indeed the tool to use on Luminators, you can mention it in the Discussion tab for the Luminator on the wiki and someone will update it.

• Since I'm the one who started listing tools in the first place, and a couple of other people have now started doing it too, I'll just say that if something doesn't list a tool, it means that either nobody has identified what tool it needs or nobody has updated it yet. If it says "N/A" for the tool, that means that no tool is required. Note that the tool listed is generally the minimum. So, if it's a stone block, it should list a Wooden Pickaxe, even though any pickaxe will work. The Wiki only differentiates between pickaxes, and is not concerned with different types of shovels, hoes, etc. This is because there is never a situation where you can only dig something with a diamond shovel, for example.

So, if someone tests a Bronze Wrench and finds that it is indeed the tool to use on Luminators, you can mention it in the Discussion tab for the Luminator on the wiki and someone will update it.

Well, like i said. I have tried wrenching, punching, drilling, sawing, cutting, axing, shoveling the luminators. All those tools break the luminator as if it was glass. You don't get the luminator back...