Posts by _Tim_

Thanks for the wonderful mod, finally I have something to do easily with my masses of fuel!

However I'm finding a strange quirk which I'm unsure is an intended feature; The generators only seem to run at night or rain.

Along the power line is a HV solar array and a Blulectric engine, given the behaviour of coming on at night, I'm wondering if perhaps it's something to do with something thinking the line is overloaded by the HV solar arrays 512EU/t and that being the maximum the line can handle without taking into consideration about packets.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, many thanks.

[Edit]
    I've found the culprit being Nuclear Control's EU average counter effectively being a throttle, I removed that and problem solved. I'll see about playing with transformers and transformer upgrades for the average counter to get everything behaving as I want. :)

Ok, so here's the end result: 2 Pipes are still required, darn.

Here's what I've got set up

and behind the scenes

Attached to the mass fabricator is a supplier pipe on top, requesting scrap boxes, with a sneaky pipe upgrade (down), and on the back is a Mk 1 chassis pipe with an extractor module.

So it seems my dream of one-pipe-fits-all isn't doable .. Yet? We'll see if any new modules come to us. I'm really starting to get the hang of logistics pipes and am finding them rather entertaining.

Thanks for your input guys :thumbup:

May i suggest you to also have GregTech on your resource calculator?
    Also another option "have GregTech recipe modification?"

You wouldn't be the first ;)

It's large and complex, with the many, many different recipes avaliable .. I wouldn't hold your breath to be honest, free time is scarce, and I'd prefer to spend what little I already have not pulling my hair out. :D :pinch:

Besides, there's already a good Gregtech one about (despite it's inability to do multiple items :whistling: ). ;)

I agree whole heartedly with what you're saying, I'm very much enjoying this mod after finding an oil geyser heading towards the clouds!

yes, that's a V-32 Combustion generator. It outputs a few thousand EU per second

My only question with that screenshot is why you've got so many HV pneumatic generators? Wouldn't it be easier to just pipe all the power into 1 pneumatic generator (or 1 per bank)? 8|

Just tried that setup; Using the advanced extractor module or the quicksort module to output the scrap produces an unnecessarily large amount of transactions throughout the network, as it dumps massive amounts of scrap into the system, the chassis attached to the mass fabricator takes what it needs (typically 8-12 at the time), and everything is bounced back into the chest of scrap. Not the best method it seems, not to mention it takes quite a large bite of power every time, too!

Thanks for the suggestion though, it was worth a shot! :)

2 Quarries each powered by 2 fast electric engines from Transformers, dumping the non-essentials into 2 recyclers, each with 8 overclocker upgrades and a transformer upgrade. All this makes for a rather high volume of scrap!

The scrap is going via logistics pipes into an auto crafting table to make a scrap box and into my mass fabricator. 22 Stacks of UU-Matter and counting ..

I just looked at the wiki, try using an ItemSink module on the chassis attached to the Mass Fab and saying that it's a sink for scrap via the GUI.

Tried that, didn't work. :(

two things:
    1: provider pipes at the chest (or a mk2 chassis pipe with a provider module and itemsink module)
    2: supplier pipe on the bottom of the mass fab. (NOT a chassis pipe, the passive supplier can only fulfill a supply request if there's something traveling through the system)

Though it'll work better if you store and supply scrap boxes and not scrap as they last longer.

Didn't work also, for having a supplier pipe, that's all good and well, but what about getting the UU-Matter out?

Also I had no idea about the scrap-box thing! How much of a difference is there?