[Addon 1.115]Transformers BETA-1 v2.0 - Convert IC2 & BC3 energy back & forth!

• Hey everyone! Sorry for being so inactive lately. Been on vacation, new semester has started - been kinda busy irl.
    I will pick up development again when I get back to my programming environment on monday.
    There are some new things coming that I had almost finished and will now be coming soon - well after I finish working through the bug reports :P.
    You'll be hearing from me!

nice to hear that this addon isn't dead.
    anyway you'd consider making better IC2/RC converters? something along the lines of an advanced steam turbine? The RC steam turbine caps at 100 EU/t for 320 steam per tick which is less than using 8 industrial steam engines and a pneumatic generator but that setup is a hassle. something like having 3 turbine assemblies in it, low pressure (stock steel turbine assembly), Medium (something with mixed metal ingots), and high (uses iridium ore and obsidian dust to make iridium alloy ingots 8:1 ratio then follows the stock steel turbine assembly's recipe). as well as have the output levels adjustable in a config file
    I would do it myself...but my Java skills are....non existent, there's more I'd love done but its all BC pipes using mixed metal ingots and that iridium alloy ingot i mentioned

• I'd just like to say, that this is an awesome addon that makes power-conversion a lot easier, and allows many more awesome ways to make MJ/EU. One of those awesome ways, for example:

(yes, that's a V-32 Combustion generator. It outputs a few thousand EU per second, and that's at startup temperature of the individual ''engines''. No, this was not made in survival mode, this was a creative-mode test to see if it's possible for it to work properly. Now,to make it in survival mode...)
    Just think of all of the awesome but practical things that can be made with the stuff this addon adds. The possibilities are nearly endless...
    Thank you Snyke, for making this awesome addon. We will never have to rely on the inefficient GregTech Diesel Generator to make EU in a cool industrial way other than nuclear power, nor will we ever have to use the powerwasters-mod that dumps 20% of all converted power into the Void. All because of your countless hours of work polishing this awesome addon. Thank you.

• Thank you Snyke, for making this awesome addon. We will never have to rely on the inefficient GregTech Diesel Generator to make EU in a cool industrial way other than nuclear power, nor will we ever have to use the powerwasters-mod that dumps 20% of all converted power into the Void. All because of your countless hours of work polishing this awesome addon. Thank you.

I shouldn't criticize, since you're just not playing the same game as me, but actually, you're doing so ... but I won't say anything, because that would be redundant. Feel free to play the easy game you want.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I agree whole heartedly with what you're saying, I'm very much enjoying this mod after finding an oil geyser heading towards the clouds!

yes, that's a V-32 Combustion generator. It outputs a few thousand EU per second

My only question with that screenshot is why you've got so many HV pneumatic generators? Wouldn't it be easier to just pipe all the power into 1 pneumatic generator (or 1 per bank)? 8|

• Official Post

My only question with that screenshot is why you've got so many HV pneumatic generators? Wouldn't it be easier to just pipe all the power into 1 pneumatic generator (or 1 per bank)? 8|

Creative mode, he made a non-efficient prototype.

• Updated! :).
    CONFIGS HAVE CHANGED A BIT. So fix those before you start playing.

What's new:
    v1.7b -> BETA-1 v2.0- Fixed Adjustable Engines not working at low rates.
    - Fixed the dirt issue :P
    - Fixed Adjustable Engine recipe not working
    - Other engine recipes now also work with charged batteries
    - Changed the config abit, to cope with the new options while still featuring the old options
    And the new things:
    - Added the Pneumatic Convertor! This will replace the Pneumatic Generator in future versions, but still needs testing and tweaking.
    Use is quite straightforward I think. It converts MJ to EU (BC to IC2 power) - but only directly. As in, no pipes, you attach your engine directly to the Convertor.
    Currently only vanilla BC engines are accepted, but I plan to add support for a lot more mod engines. Using this direct conversion the conversion is always the way it should be, there is no standard 2:5 ratio or anything, the ratio is different for every engine. Try it out, play with it, report bugs. Recipe is Advanced Machine in the middle, corners empty, rest filled with golden conductive pipes.

Recipe and texture are just placeholders till i come up with something better. (Or until someone designs a nice texture :))
    Have fun!

• please don't!!! I currently have a setup that is powered by 8 industrial steam engines connected to one HV pneumatic with 3 HV wooden and one gold switch pipe, what you've just done is ruin that setup!

• please don't!!! I currently have a setup that is powered by 8 industrial steam engines connected to one HV pneumatic with 3 HV wooden and one gold switch pipe, what you've just done is ruin that setup!

I have done no such thing, the pneumatic convertor is disabled by default. However at some point the convertor WILL replace the generator, just not yet.

• I have done no such thing, the pneumatic convertor is disabled by default. However at some point the convertor WILL replace the generator, just not yet.

my statement doesn't change. please don't do that. It doesn't matter when you do it, so long as you make the converter require a direct connect you will mess up my setup.

• Official Post

Sometimes a change is necessary to improve

Yes, indeed. For example I like the Texture-Code Change of 1.5, it should have been always like that even though it's a crapton of work to adjust all the textures, without using Chickenbones new 1.5 Texturehandler (@ChickenbonesMods) for people, who are not wanting to do their Stuff properly.

• Sometimes a change is necessary to improve, do your best to adjust your setup!

Tell me a bit more about how your setup works and i may help you.

it'd be easier to show you than describe it, and I know how I'd have to change the setup, but I have 17 of these things to modify
    each engine is controlled by gates to prevent them from blowing up and there is gold switch pipe which is closed when there is no power draw to prevent that from blowing.
    I don't mind the one block for conversion, it is the direction connection I don't want.
    a the only way to mod this setup so it works it to limit it to 4 each and put one set of four on each side. or i could just shove three converters in here...but still it'd be 17 setups to mod...

• Steam Engines DON`T blow up. They just wastefully vent out the surplus Steam.

wanna bet?
    these aren't BC steam engines, they are RC industrial steam engines!
    let one overheat and see what happens!
    i've blown a few before. trust me, they blow up!

• ORLY? *megasarcasm*

I was referring to the fact that CoverJaguar mentioned in his Changelog that Steam Engines no longer blow up, but instead just release all their Steam into the Atmosphere.

really....i must have missed that.....so I did....whoops!