[Addon 1.112] Petroleum Generator 1.2.1 - burn baby burn.. for EU!

• If you plan on adding the industrial coke oven, consider the fact that Coal is renewable through Wither Skeletons and UUM.

Maybe doing it the same way as Railcraft distinguishes UUM-Coal, add NBT tags for them and a tooltip? Maybe Coal - Wither and Coal - Synthetic (would use Railcraft version if available, of course.)

I'm not sure if this is really necessary. wither skeletons are very hard to farm without overpowered soulshards, and UUM is creative mode in vanilla IC2, so there isn't much point in balancing around it.

• I'm not sure if this is really necessary. wither skeletons are very hard to farm without overpowered soulshards, and UUM is creative mode in vanilla IC2, so there isn't much point in balancing around it.

Agreed.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• The reason I wanted a creosote refiner was that the oil was mostly a waste product from my early game coal coke production. A coke producer that produced oil would combine the oven and refiner--a good approach for me. Then I could run the new oven all the time and then refine the resulting oil into fuel as normal. Some EU/operation is acceptable since you're making some good fuels. The machine should support upgrades like standard IC2 machines.

• I'm not sure if this is really necessary. wither skeletons are very hard to farm without overpowered soulshards, and UUM is creative mode in vanilla IC2, so there isn't much point in balancing around it.

lazy reasoning. He can write code to detect what other mods are present and how much UUM is costing to make and balance accordingly. Its not creative mode as it takes a large effort to get it, unless youre not playing with gregtech, and again, that can be detected.

The soulshard mod is also getting a large nerf so lets not make excuses not to improve mods shall we.

• He could do that, but why should he have to? those mods should handle their own balance. If someone is going to use an overpowered mod setup, then they expect things to be unbalanced. It's a lot of work that he should not have to be doing in the first place. He should handle the balance of his own mod, and if another mod is balanced with itself, but is unbalanced with this one, then it would make sense to change it.

• He could do that, but why should he have to? those mods should handle their own balance. If someone is going to use an overpowered mod setup, then they expect things to be unbalanced. It's a lot of work that he should not have to be doing in the first place. He should handle the balance of his own mod, and if another mod is balanced with itself, but is unbalanced with this one, then it would make sense to change it.

Lol you're definitely not a programmer. Its about HIS mod and its compatibility and agility to tweak itself based on its probable environment inside the game. if he doesnt want to do that, i dont blame him, but stop acting like its akin to taking the fucking ring to mount doom.

• Thanks for the wonderful mod, finally I have something to do easily with my masses of fuel!

However I'm finding a strange quirk which I'm unsure is an intended feature; The generators only seem to run at night or rain.

Along the power line is a HV solar array and a Blulectric engine, given the behaviour of coming on at night, I'm wondering if perhaps it's something to do with something thinking the line is overloaded by the HV solar arrays 512EU/t and that being the maximum the line can handle without taking into consideration about packets.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, many thanks.

[Edit]
    I've found the culprit being Nuclear Control's EU average counter effectively being a throttle, I removed that and problem solved. I'll see about playing with transformers and transformer upgrades for the average counter to get everything behaving as I want. :)

• Just giving a bump here to say I love this addon and I hope it's not dead! Would love to see a 1.5.2 or a 1.6 release. :thumbup:

Obsession with Automation is a good thing, right?

• Just giving a bump here to say I love this addon and I hope it's not dead! Would love to see a 1.5.2 or a 1.6 release. :thumbup:

Addons like GT made it a bit useless ... (even though it's cheaper and more powerful). Btw, due to recent BC overhaul, it seems this addon is kind of OP now ...

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

Addons
    like GT made it a bit useless ... (even though it's cheaper and more
    powerful). Btw, due to recent BC overhaul, it seems this addon is kind
    of OP now ...

Not everyone uses GT though, I've not been too
    keen on it since Greg made the IC2 tool recipe changes for Titanium
    mandatory even with easymode configs. That being said, what in the new BC update makes this OP, just out of curiosity? I still am waiting for 1.6 before trying out modded Minecraft again and I haven't played since 1.4.7.

download :Wrench: src
    No changes were made... yet. I think I can do something good with it. Objections? Suggestions?

Awesome stuff, thank you! What ideas did you have for it?

Obsession with Automation is a good thing, right?

• Seems like this mod is getting obsolete with the addition of Semifluid Generator in the next IC2 version.

• Yep lol. Now the only reason which makes people wanting to keep some power converters is OP-ness ^^. PG wasn't that OP however, because it only allowed one-way conversion, but was already kind of useless for people using GT.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• GT can process TC oil sands only, and PG adds conversion chain for crude oil. Not so useless with pre-oil-buff BC.

• Official Post

How about adding a way of being able to burn Creosote Oil, since IC2's Semifluid Generator can't? Or even a config option to add other mods fuels to burn, at the user's digression?

It's not Necroposting, I was told to put this here :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.