Posts by yeganer

I am thinking of designs where i have an input chest and i want the machine to process the items inside, for example the induction furnace. When it is at 100% a hopper can't keep up with it.

Another great interaction would be with applied energistics interfaces. They have a configurable interface and with a combination of injector and ejector upgrade one could process the items in the interface and store them back there, which insterts them back into the AE system.

The Fluid Injector upgrade would only be useful in conjunction with other mods that have fluid storage which can't eject. I use the portable tanks from Thermal expansion a lot and they have the feature to eject downwards, which is great. The drums don't have that feature as far as i know, so an upgrade would be useful.

Solar distillers have no upgrade slots, and since they are quite simple, i think they shouldn't have them. Automating them IC2 only would be best with an injector upgrade, since the pump works only on machines directly in front of it, right?

i found lead at layers above 60 i think, so it should be everywhere.

if you need lead badly, build an advanced miner and whitelist only lead ore xD

however the Thermal Expansion World gen spawns it below 32 only i think

Hey,

i think it would be great to have the counterparts to the Item/Fluid Ejector Upgrades. This would allow some cool new automation designs.

For the recipe i would suggest something similiar to the existing ones. For the item injector using sticky pistons instead of pistons seems the best, for fluid injector perhaps add a universal fluid cell or something.

What do you think of that idea?

the thing with the packet limit sounds similiar to the channel limits of Applied Energistics 2.

While i like the idea there, it don't think it will fit into IC2 well

I messed around with the planer today and i managed to create a 800 hU/t 'stable' design. This would result in 400mb/t superheated steam if i am not mistaken.

Here it is. If you have any suggestions how to improve it, let me know ;)

basically i am total fine with the speed of the blast furnace. If it was quicker, one would need an overclocked Compressor to feed it with air.

If there is something to be balanced, it should be the durability of the turbine blades. They should last several days and not one hour. (comparable to the rotors)

NEI has 3 modes, cheat mode, utility mode and recipe mode.

In the version i am using i was able to switch modes, but it didn't make a difference. the behavior of NEI seemed to be only dependant on the game type(creative/survival). In recipe mode NEI should only show recipes. In cheat mode it gives you the items when you click on it.

There are also the keys U for use and R for recipe. With them you can look up recipes/uses in cheat mode, too

updating the important parts on the IC wiki would help a lot, too

there are tons of people trying to use the recipes from the old industrial-craft wiki.

I think adding NEI as optional dependency or something like that would help a lot, too

when it crashes, there is always something in the logs, just look throug them.

fml-client-latest.log for client/SP and fml-server-latest.log if you are running the server jar

let's stick to the mechanics that already are in IC2 exp. they added heat and kU, i think they won't add another system for power transport. having a line of turbines is realistic so that would make sense and it would be easy to implement compared to several new items, blocks and a now API

My idea was to have only one axis and everything would have to be in line with that. so multiple turbines and then one kinetic generator in one line connected by something like iron shafts

There are already Iron Shafts (Extruding Block of Iron) which are used for some kinetic machines. It would be interesting if one could place them and place other kinetic machines in the same row. like I have 2 sets of double turbines and i connect them with iron shafts and then i connect all that to one kinetic generator.

Like this:
    :Wind Mill: :Wind Mill: :Cable: :Wind Mill: :Wind Mill: :Cable: :Generator:
    With cables being iron shafts and wind mills being steam turbines

That's right, but with the current design MOX has no benefit over uranium in fluid reactors. On top of that, they last only half the time so it needs more automation and has no use( besides less uranium cost per run i think)

Increasing the lifetime for fluid reactors would be an option.
    Another idea would be to increase the heat gen of MOX when the core temp is higher(maybe they already added that, last time i tested MOX it was like uranium with less lifetime and no benefit)

For the coolant flow rate one would need additional components like a redstone emitting thermometer that can be set on a fixed temperature above/below it will emit redstone.

Oh and the Adv Miner has 4M EU storage, so every time i relocate it, i'll destroy 4M EU since the miner doesn't store EU when it is wrenched.

May i ask for the same Feature as MFE etc. have? that they save 90% of the stored energy when wrenched?

Apart from that the new Advanced Miner is really awesome! Thank you so much for fixing/improving it!

I would suggest updating the IC2 wiki instead of the FTB wiki because that is kind of the "official" source of information for most people. I think the most important topics to update are some sort of beginner tutorial/guide, new ore processing and new reactor + heat/steam system.

Hey guys,

what do you think is the best way to play the early game the IC2 way?

I would consider it early game until one has the first working reactor and plenty of energy.

In which order would you build the neccessary machines and what generator would you use?

Do you think it is worth it creating biogas with the fermenter now and use that as fuel for generators? How would one heat the Fermenter?

It would be cool, to hear your opinions on this and see some discussion how to approach IC2 with all the new changes. The first steps wiki guide is pretty outdated by now...