Posts by Warlord Wossman

why the hell does it tell me that the last post was posted 11 hours before the first in this thread?

12:17 am = 0:17 Uhr
    1:19 am = 1:19 Uhr

Just using german to clear things up for him since his signature says native language is german.

If the weight system could be added to all armor (not just your own creations but a config for all armor pieces) it would be really really cool if the jetpack uses more EU/fuel if your armor is heavy. Maybe you could add a formula that takes the weight of the player and calculate the EU/fuel he will need if he wants to jetpack.

Also it would be cooler to have battery slots for all the armor pieces since GT has so much batteries instead of having to recharge the armor pieces themselfs.

One could also make the recipe more realistic, maybe replacing the blaze powder with something more realistic(that can trigger an ignition when not handled carefully).

Well since blaze powder is half sulfur and half dark ashes (1 blaze powder = 2 small piles of dark ashes + 2 small piles of sulfur dust) the recipe in the mixer could also be: 1 coal/charcoal dust + 1 gunpowder + 2 small piles of sulfur dust + 2 small piles of dark ashes. But than again you could split gunpowder into different dusts so I think my original suggestion would be the best way to do it.

Electric Brewing Stand:

The basic ideas of this are:
    1. Auto brewing of the vanilla potions.
    2. New brewing recipes which are only craftable in the electric brewing stand which require IC components (sticky resin, dusts, crops). You can automate these as well.

1. Auto brewing:
    You can select the potion you want and you need to put the different components in the machine (components will show up if you select a specific potion). The potions have there own EU cost each based on how many steps they would take in a vanilla brewing stand. I think 100 EU x steps needed in vanilla brewing would be a fair price to have it automated. Maybe an option to pump water into the machine so you only have to add empty glass bottles. Also the standard upgrades can be added (overclocker, transformer, ect.) and the machine runs at 32 EU/t native.

2. New brewing recipes:
    There are new brewing recipes added which can only be crafted if you use the electric brewing stand. They take a longer time to be produced and cost more EU to be crafted. The components would be the standard vanilla components + all the IC stuff that would fit in brewing recipes. For example sticky resin, dusts, crops and maybe even radioactive stuff. Status effects for the new potions are there (hunger, blindness, haste, ect.) and maybe new effects can be added.

Also if you add a fluid storage in the machine (which can store 1 or 2 buckets of fluid) there would only be empty water bottles as component and you can add recipes for even stronger potions which aren't based on water but maybe on UU-matter. Example would be 100mB liquid UU-matter + ghast tear + terra wart = potion that heals radiation effects. But potions based on other fluids are just an idea since they should be disabled in the scanner if they are based on UU-matter.

My suggestion for a recipe of the electrical brewing stand would be:
    top:iron Plate, electronic circuit, iron plate
    mid:empty cel,l brewing stand, empty cell
    bot:iron plate, coil, iron plate

In my opinion this would be a cool addition to IC2 ex.
    Let me know what you think!

True. I just never played IC2 ex because my PC is not good enough so I forgot that there was a unit for wind. But your idea would have pretty much the same effect so I am fine with it :D

SpwnX: You should think about the weight increasing when rotors get bigger so I would love to see that you need to place your windmill higher when using a bigger rotor. Also it wouldn't be very logical to have a windmill with a 27x27 rotor running in your garden (even if very slow because there is no wind down there). I think the rotor sizes should have a basic level where they start working.

My suggestion would be:
    small rotors start working on level 80.
    medium rotors start working on level 100.
    big rotors start working on level 120.

And yeah I know you can just build a 1x1 dirt tower to avoid this but I think it would add a logical aspect to windmills and it would be really weird to see windmills with big rotors near the ground working.

If it had, it would have to have a tiny radius, because of the massive power draw the fence would have.

Yeah that would be the way to go. Something like per 5 connected fences the radius of the tesla coil decreases by one block. That means if you connect 20 iron fences the tesla coil only damages mobs/players touching the coil itself. Btw. that would be a pretty cool way to change the radius of the tesla coil for mob farms too :D

I still think there should be more then just wire connected to iron fences because this would be pretty cheap. I like the idea with the tesla coil to power the iron fences. Only thing is would the tesla coil still have its natural effect if connected to iron fences? And how much iron fences could be powered by one tesla coil? I think 10 fences on each side would be minimum.

I disagree that separate electric fences are needed, simply that a tesla coil with iron fences attached should turn the iron fences electric. That way the tesla coil is more useful, as well as iron fences, and it makes as much sense that the tesla coil electrified the fence than sticking some bare wire does.

That is a nice idea. I really don't know why I had this weird idea of another fence type :D I think I just forgot that no one uses the basic iron fences 8)
    But yeah I agree 100% with you.

Electric Fences:

I had the idea of fences that damage players/mobs that touch the electric fences. The basic idea is to kill mobs that try to kill you if you are in your base. I think a fence that kills them automatically (because stupid mobs run into it) would be a pretty cool thing because I am getting tired of mobs trying to attack my while I am crafting and even if I have a closed base their sounds can piss me off sometimes :D
    Sure you need EU to power them I think 128EU/t would be fine for them to run. There damage should also be higher than unisolated cable and also they are higher because of the fact they are fences.

My suggestion for a recipe would be:

top: 3x iron fence
    mid: copper cable | electronic circuit | copper cable
    bottom: 3x iron fence

that would give you 6 electric fences.

I think it could be a nice little addition and iron fences are not really used that often.

Let me know what you think.