Posts by Airam

I suggest mixing TFC and GT.
    That will be surely a ton of work but it might be worth it (even though both mods are in some Alpha-Beta version). Arch will need help, if players would decide to have it in modpack.
    I firmly belive, connecting ore-gen, fixing and removing recipes, unification, making it compatible might bring a lot of fun (or pain, depends how you look on that) to the gameplay.
    As you might know, it will also make early game way more slower and more interesting. Communicating, sharing your stuff and making groups of players would be even more important to survive. Pyro's village might take a bit diffrent format.
    Tell me, what you think about it. Strawpoll for it!EDIT: Reason your decision!

That kinda sucks. Will test tonight and will report back.

While I like MPS a lot more, I think we might have to go with Gravisuite. Whole mod is already nerfed though, so that'd be good for that.

EDIT : Not working with EU makes no fucking sense. They should note TE as a dependency if RF is all you can use. ._.

No Gravisuite, please. MPS can replace a lot of things, while Gravisutie replaces lesser amount of thoose.
    MPS stuff still can be charged with AE, right? So it adds a bit of tiering - you need Al-tier for it. But this infinite energy bug, eh...

Oh well... I'll certainly miss its runic armor.

I'll miss following things:
    Thaumostatic Harness - MPS jetpack (damn, it's freaking expensive; also, does it have creative-like fly?)
    Bow of Bone - MPS railgun, I guess? (damn, it's freaking expensive!)
    Pickaxe of the Core :Bronze Pickaxe: - IC2 scanner.
    Axe of the Stream :Bronze Axe: - don't know (Twilight Forest had some magnet, but it's for ores)
    Hoe of Growth :Bronze Hoe: - shitton of bonemeal
    Sword of Zephyr :Bronze Sword: - don't know; MPS Jet Boots (damn, it's....)
    Shovel of the Earthmover :Bronze Shovel: - don't know
    Runic Armour - MPS field generator armour (of course, it's freaking expensive)
    Wand Focuses - MPS weaponary
    Boots of Traveller - MPS (sort of)
    Outerlands - I hope Roguelike Dungeon is fun enough compared to TC dungeons. (we also need some bosses, not only a Uncle Greg boss)
    Mobs with effects - Special Mobs
    Efficient mob farms with sinister nodes - nothing. (otherwise, mob farms still will be possible to make)
    Infusion Altar - I doubt something can replace it.
    Golem farms - Forestry farms
    Golem item/liquid transport - pipes
    REPAIR ENCHANTMENT - NOTHING :( (I'm too used to it)
    *Feel free to fix my mistakes*

A Greg Boss will be created, passive by default. One shots when attacked unless you're insanely geared (He will hit so hard that 1/6 of the energy capacity of a full quantum suit will be lost on hit).
    Once brews are back into GT6, he will also be able to throw potion grenades at you.
    Also, may or may not need to complete a quest as a pre-requisite to spawn him.

How do I fight him? Do I need to perform some special ritual? For example, asking in GT thread where is all the stuff in GT 6.0?
    If an actual Greg will join the server then I exited to see messages in chat like "GregoriusT was slained by GregoriusT".

Probably just an NPC which looks like him.

One could make a Greg NPC, which is invincible and instantly kills you once you attack him.

It would excellent! If so, I can complain (also asking stupid question) to your dummy even when you are not online!
    Invicible? Not a big problem. Simply limiting your NPC habitat - making a jail out of dirt blocks can be a good solution. I'm not so familiar with CustomNPC though. Perhaps, it's possible to add some tricks to NPC's.
    One shot kill? Well, I doubt NPC can even do something with a nuke placed nearby. On the other hand, it would be useless, since your NPC is invicible.
    An old man said "everything is nerfable".
    Are you exception to the rule? By the way, we've already got Nexeynerf.jar; need to ask Bloody if he can make Gregoriusnerf.jar

I've got an idea, but it needs Galactic Craft to be installed.
    What's about every player starts at the same place in space, on barely colonized planet(Moon with Galactic Craft).
    As unit of society, commander orders him to investigate a newly found planet with oxygen(Overworld), so he simply have no other way but to take his Tier 1 Rocket and do it. There will be no oxygen tanks for player so he won't be to do much on his current planet(Moon). This planet with oxygen is surely dangerous, have some strange form of lifes. (<mobs mod goes here)
    As starting loot there should be:
    - Tier 1 Rocket (obviously) with enough amount of fuel to reach this mysterious planet with oxygen. (should be destroyed after landing)
    - Small amount of provision (so he won't die first day in his marvelous adventure).
    - Basic instrumets (eh, flint/plastic one, maybe?)
    - Slightly damaged civilian armour (leather one)
    - A local map of his landing position.
    - Some lamp (source of light?)
    What do you think? I think, we need to use CustomNPC mod on it's full power!
    EDIT: After landing, the starting village will be (marked with coords, probably) close enough to reach it in a half of MC day.

Bloody, what do you think about modular instruments?
    I would like to suggest this idea which is little bit simmilar mechanics to TiCon.
    It could be augmentations like "Rubber handle (for your trusty iron pickaxe, of course) - increases speed of mining by 10%" and so on.
    I'm too sleepy to suggest some real practical ideas. I think, I'll be able to сome up with something tommorow.