Posts by Nexey

I have a feature request: If a cable melts down due to overamperage or similar, could nearby machines get a brief period (5-10s) of immunity from exploding due to environmental fire? Right now if you are unlucky, if a cable melts down then a nearby machine could instantly explode as a result of the fire spawned by the cable melting, not giving you enough time to even put the fire out.

I had a first workshop back on kirara 3, with every basic machines. They took me 2 weeks of mining, exploring and building. I once placed a wooden pipe that touched some bronze pipe filled with steam. I saw some fire on top of a machine for 1/2 sec, and everything blew up. I guess GT machines are imported from china to our crafting tables.

Hey Keda, I have 2 accounts, my main one is "Nexey_", my second one is "Nexey". I've just tried renaming my first to "Nexey", so I renamed my second one to "Nexey__" but couldn't rename my first to "Nexey".
    Can you :
    - Delete my "Nexey_.dat" (BE CAREFUL, I'm on "Nexey.dat" on the server, don't delete it)
    - Rename my "Nexey.dat" to "Nexey_.dat", open it and change every "Nexey" to "Nexey_"
    I will keep you up to date if I can get my main account to be renamed to "Nexey". I don't want to ask to just copy "Nexey.dat" to "Nexey_.dat" since I could dupe my whole inventory.

So : Delete "Nexey_.dat", rename "Nexey.dat" to "Nexey_.dat". I would love if you could actually make a backup, so if something wrong happens, I'm safe. Thanks keda !

If there was proper source control and transparency half the problems would not have happened.

Pay me by agreement to share the information about all possible exploits or imbalanced features you can think of whether it is with my script or another script on this server, and you can have them. It is a 2x2 structure. I can throw some other early game mats at you if you want.
    All my items exploded, so I can no longer sell you that BBF.

I always share the exploits I find to the admins. Did you know I was OP on Kirara 4, by invultri? That was kind of a thanks to all the things I did

I would love to buy them Nono, if iron golems are not nerfed I'll be able to pay in iron blocks in a little (or long) while. The most expensive things I have are iron, a chest worth of glass and one flawless gem (can't remember which one). I've also the coords of some neodymium veins in the Nether if you're interested. Or I can sell you ink sacs :p

"I believe ignoring criticism is a much bigger dick move than anything we've done."
    (quoting with phone was too hard-core for me)
    I totally agree with you on that point, and I've even listen to criticism a long time ago (ask surio, or go back a few pages to see the logs of me discussing with him), so I hope no confusion was done within my paragraph, as I was talking about the fact that being respectful and recognizing the stuff Airam has done is the first step to a good community.
    But that leads me to another thinking. Perhaps you, and Kosyak, have been recognizing the stuff Airam has done since the beginning, but not in the good manner. Hence all the complains about that, and I fully understand the posts, even though I still disagree with being mean or saying you can do his job without any argument. Thanks for giving your arguments btw, that was much nicer than reading Kosyak's post. I've never talked to you before but I've always thought you were a nice person, now I know you're one.
    Sorry for not counting the player who complained publicly, but I feel like the problems that are really bothering somebody must be posted here. The total count was is 1, Kosyak, and Aies made his statement afterward which puts it to 2.
    Can you tell me what the solution you've proposed is? I've literally arrived on the server and felt like being part of the drama, at least to calm down the people (I'm no savior so I might be bad at this).
    And one more thing, if Airam can't do things properly, why don't you vote for kicking him out of his functions?

I love the tweaks as they are, and I think it's rude to tell Airam staying away from the scripts for one (or very few) problems you've encountered. The fact only one person actually complained about it proves it's more of a personal problem towards Airam than actually asking kindly to remove / redo these tweaks, and propose a solution that is not keeping the tweaker from GT5.
    Kosyak, since I'm speaking of you, I hope no offense is taken but telling someone how to do his job isn't a great act. And keep in mind Airam isn't Arch, so you can't expect him to be as great as Arch.
    Here's my plan to avoid any more drama : Kosyak, post a comment saying what's bothering you, why it causes you a problem and what would be the best solution to solve it. And stay opened for questions / discussions. You (and everybody else) must stay respectful, write kindly and recognize the stuff Airam has done, even if he's provoked some accident recently and did some mistakes.
    Arch was overbuned with all the people saying what was going wrong and complaining ALL THE TIME, so overbuned that he actually thought of leaving Kirara and stop funding the servers. I don't want to see another admin / mod / tweaker / whatever Airam is being infuriated, stressed out or even on the verge of throwing everything away.
    It starts with one person pointing out how to do stuff correctly to the person who's actually in charge of the stuff. It ends up catastrophically.
    Please avoid any comment like that in the future.

EDIT : SORRY AIES, can't read properly the names :/

Could I also get whitelisted? Please?

Edit: I get a crash when I try to load the pack, did I do anything stupid :huh: ?

Seems like you're using build craft in this pack, whereas it us not included. And you didn't provide us the whole crash report, did you? Otherwise I would tell you to raise your permgen and the amount of RAM allocated to the game

Am I white listed? I'll try to run this modpack on Saturday :D
    I now have two accounts, "Nexey" and "Nexey_", can you white lost both so if something happens to one (like mobs killed me and can't get stuff) I can just go with the second? And I can also do all the warp stuff with my second account and not touch it with my first :p

What about people (like me) who use chisel blocks in order to come up with creative builds ? You need to see my oldest base on Kirara 3 and my older base on KIrara 4.

Edit : I broke the quotes o/