[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• I'm not sure I understand. If the oil doesn't gen, then how do you find it? In SP, using the debug scanner states the resource in the chunk. In our MP server tho, no chunk ever has any, and no amount of using the seismic surveyor shows any. Oil, natural gas, etc. that should be there? Isn't. Even in new chunks.

The oil rig drills through bedrock, I believe it's not in the gen rather just chance based.

• I have a feature request: If a cable melts down due to overamperage or similar, could nearby machines get a brief period (5-10s) of immunity from exploding due to environmental fire? Right now if you are unlucky, if a cable melts down then a nearby machine could instantly explode as a result of the fire spawned by the cable melting, not giving you enough time to even put the fire out.

• The oil rig drills through bedrock, I believe it's not in the gen rather just chance based.

Then why is it not being detected with the debug scanner on our MP world but does on any SP or new MP worlds? Ditto for seismic surveyors and the rigs themselves. Our world is utterly bereft, and I suspect it is because it was created before the oil system was added. So, I request a retrogen option.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• I have a feature request: If a cable melts down due to overamperage or similar, could nearby machines get a brief period (5-10s) of immunity from exploding due to environmental fire? Right now if you are unlucky, if a cable melts down then a nearby machine could instantly explode as a result of the fire spawned by the cable melting, not giving you enough time to even put the fire out.

I had a first workshop back on kirara 3, with every basic machines. They took me 2 weeks of mining, exploring and building. I once placed a wooden pipe that touched some bronze pipe filled with steam. I saw some fire on top of a machine for 1/2 sec, and everything blew up. I guess GT machines are imported from china to our crafting tables.

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• Is it possible to add more types of coal to the list of fuels usable in coal boilers? I'd like to have the option to use PFAA anthracite coal in them.

Would there be any adverse effects from adding MT shapeless crafts to go between the different types of coal?

Adverse effects being you wanting to have multiple types of coal due to balancing and you don't want both to be able to be used in all cases.

• Would there be any adverse effects from adding MT shapeless crafts to go between the different types of coal?

Adverse effects being you wanting to have multiple types of coal due to balancing and you don't want both to be able to be used in all cases.

I can't think of adverse effects, but I'd at least like the conversions to maintain the same furnace burn time - PFAA already allows (one-way) shapeless conversion of bituminous coal to plain coal, I've added one for converting blocks of PFAA peat to Forestry peat, and I was considering adding one for converting PFAA coal coke to Railcraft coal coke. However, anthracite coal has a furnace burn time of 2400 ticks, and the only other fuel with a matching furnace burn time is a blaze rod, which has other uses that would severely unbalance the conversion. I suppose I could add a recipe for converting 2 anthracite coal to 3 plain coal, but I'm hesitant to do that.

• EDIT: Ok, i have tested every ore, there are quite a few bugged ones:
    1. Ore is in config but not present ingame (Lemurite, Kalendrite, Ignatius)
    2. Ore ignores any harvest level set in config, even defaults=> any version is harvest level 0, even granite versions (Cobalt, Shadowiron, Vyroxeres, Alduorite, Ceruclase, Midasium, Vulcanite, Sanguinite, Eximite, Meutoit)
    3. Small ores work okay (config - 1), main ores are always level 0, even granite versions (Prometheum, Atlarus)
    Using latest 5.09.11 if that matters. Strange thing is that some of GT versions of Metallurgy ores work okay, some not. Added this issue to your github

Adding some to list of bugged ore harvest levels:
    no config option for harvest level of lignite coal at all,
    cobaltite ore ignores config (0 when set to 10),
    tungstate ore ignores config (0 when set to 9),
    opal ore ignores config (0 when set to 10),
    amethyst ignores config (0 when set to 11), small ore ok
    https://github.com/Blood-Asp/GT5-Unofficial/issues/301

• Seriously what is with the material cost jump between 5.08 and 5.09? Low end cables cost wool which is semi difficult to automate. Almost everything is more expensive. And my two biggest aggravations are charcoal and solar panels. Charcoal is used in everything from coal production to energy and the new system makes it tedious or with very low energy yields(also charcoal pit igniter does not work with thaumcraft great wood logs at the moment) and if with the new insane recipe for solar panels they are just not worth it (Palladium or Platinum!?) if folks thing they are overpower there is a config to just disable them already. Am I missing something? This new iteration just nerfs too much.

• Seriously what is with the material cost jump between 5.08 and 5.09? Low end cables cost wool which is semi difficult to automate. Almost everything is more expensive. And my two biggest aggravations are charcoal and solar panels. Charcoal is used in everything from coal production to energy and the new system makes it tedious or with very low energy yields(also charcoal pit igniter does not work with thaumcraft great wood logs at the moment) and if with the new insane recipe for solar panels they are just not worth it (Palladium or Platinum!?) if folks thing they are overpower there is a config to just disable them already. Am I missing something? This new iteration just nerfs too much.

Just use the pyrolyse oven for charcoal, it just as good as RC coke ovens and produces enough to power a big steel boiler. And solar panels are really op. And if you use the chemical bath on the nickel ores, platinum is easy to get. And if you don´t like the recipes, use minetweaker X( . That is the pourpose of that thing!

• Low end cables cost wool which is semi difficult to automate.

Technically, they require black carpet, which can be made from string and squid ink in an assembler, both of which can be obtained from IC2/GT crops (flax and blackthorn, respectively). Alternatively, if you shear the wool from sheep, it can be crafted into carpet entirely by hand (whereas in GT 5.08, even the lowest-tier insulated cables required rubber sheets, which had to be extracted and then shaped in machines)

Just use the pyrolyse oven for charcoal, it just as good as RC coke ovens and produces enough to power a big steel boiler.

Pardon me if I disagree. The pyrolyse oven isn't just "as good" as an RC coke oven - at MV, it can produce charcoal up to 112.5 times as fast as an RC coke oven, making it quite a bit better (even before counting the other products available from the pyrolyse oven).