Posts by Shalashalska

=
    wel, what is this generator suposed to do? verry simple, it wil harvest the magnetic field lines which also guide things like an compass. but then much more advanced, it wil turn these fields into an moderate amount of EU, maybe 50k of eu an day, tops at peak efficiency.

Magnetism in the earth works a bit differently than you think. It's physically impossible to harvest energy from pure magnetism, otherwise everybody would have magnetic generators everywhere. The magnetic field of the planet affects everything equally, and very, very, very weakly. The earth's magnetic field does almost nothing. It is so weak that it physically cannot move an object of any size, simply align a very small object that spins easily with the magnetic field. Although, it is theoretically possible to get a magnetic generator, but it would require a monopolar magnet, which physically cannot exist without breaking the laws of Newtonian Physics, and magnetism is not affected by quantum physics, so therefore it cannot break the laws of Newtonian Physics. So, your suggestion is invalid as it does not physically work. You're trying to make something out of nothing, it doesn't work like that.

/facepalm

Alblaka already denied ALL weapon suggestions until Industrial Conflict comes out.

Science would state that you would need a ****ing powerful laser to actually transmit power from a sattelite to earth. Like maybe 80 mining lasers. And then you would lose a LOT more EU, you would probably lose ~50%. Also, Advanced Machines addon has compressed down solar arrays for higher tiers.

I guess this is an important point. BtW is no SMP-Mod, while IC2 is. The rendering would really kill some people. In SSP it is basically your decision, but in SMP you are must endure the lag created from other peoples windmills even if they themself don't have problems with them.

Config files. Both in client and server.

Correct.

Magrail, Railgun, Gauss Rifle, whatever you want to call it.

Magrail isn't a type of gun. Railgun uses electromagnetic rails to accelerate a projectile. Gauss guns use electromagnetic coils. Railguns are far more powerful than gauss guns, but are much more difficult to make. The US navy has 2 railguns ATM, both are mounted on Destroyer class ships. Both of those are stuffed with rechargable batteries. About 50% of the ship is pure batteries. However, they can hit any target on the planet in just a few minutes. Gauss guns are easy to make, but are quite weak. The reason why they aren't used is because it's impractical, it's weaker than a typical gunpowder based weapon, and more expensive to make, and there isn't really a good way to store energy for them. It would be like a gun that you can only hold 10 bullets for, and is weaker than a submachine gun, yet firing as fast as a pistol.

I think that this add-on should be integrated into the main mod, just as electric treetaps and solar helmets have been.

Solar helmets were integrated? I didn't notice...

I think that definitely the compressed solars should be added. However, Induction furnaces should be removed. They're completely made obsolete by overclockers. You can get several times the speed for a lower price with overclockers. There should, however, be and input slot and output slot upgrade. And maybe more upgrade slots. Or an upgrade slot upgrade.

I never use HV. For me, I find making glass fiber is better, HV cabling is actually hecka expensive. It takes 3 rubber per block. Which is 1 sticky resin per block. If you decide to go 3000 blocks, that's a LOT of rubber. 9000 rubber, or 500 diamonds?

Here here! I'm chomping at the bit waiting for this to get updated. I did start a new world when updating to 1.1 though so I'm not to the point where I need/can make rotary macerator etc but Soon enough I will be.. I'll just have to use the stupid overclocking junk until then :( Overclocking still doesn't fix that you can only macerate half a stack of ore at a time, so you basically have to babysit the machine and take the dust out =\

Just put 16 overclockers in it. It'll drain a good amount of power, but it'll macerate ~10 ores per second. So you wait like 4 seconds, click click, 4 seconds, click click. Done.

Still, there's an easier way to make much more powerful bombs...

Replace the protons in 1g of oxygen with antiprotons, replace the electrons with positrons. Mix 1g antioxygen with 1g oxygen. Instant explosion that's probably bigger than ~500kg of U-233. Plus, no fallout (except for the super-short burst of massive radiation in the millions of rems)

I think that there should be a way to craft Antimatter out of UUM. Maybe with 8 UUM, you can craft 1 antimatter, 4 antimatter+4UUM, + nuke= Antimatter Bomb, which is 50x as powerful as a nuke but leaves no items behind. Pretty much just for griefing with no lag.

Just sort of wondering what everyone uses the explosive mode on the mining laser for.
    I use it to "mine" RP2 rubber trees with NEI "Magnet mode" on given they're quite huge.
    sucks the lappack dry pretty quick but it's only energy :)

in other news: 1 down, 6 or 7 to go... (spawned near quite a few of them this world)

Just use a filler set on clearing from the highest point of land to the sky. That works quite well. Then finish it off with a laser, make sure to have magnet mode on while doing the fillering, it'll cause tons of lag otherwise.

Back in IC1, the whole nuclear industry worked like this: find uranium ore, make reactor, stick the ore in reactor to enrich it, and then stick the uranium ingots in the reactor again to get EU. You could also take your uranium ingots and make nukes with them and f**k s**t up.
    IC2 nuclear industry: get uranium ore, make reactor, chambers, coolant cells, HDs and plating, find design that gives good EU/t and doesn't overheat, compress uranium ore into ingots, stick it in cells, stick them in reactor, get EU/t. You can also use the refined uranium to make nukes and f**k s**t up.
    Much less boring, and I'm glad the IC2 team gave it its update. However, I did like the realism of having to refine uranium into a different product in a reactor before it could be used. The new "compression" method would make sense for uranium (U-235/U-239) in a reactor, but for making bombs? Nuclear weapons are made IRL almost always out of nuclear refuse (AKA plutonium, AKA P-241), not good potential energy filled uranium. So, I propose this: from now on, nukes are made by taking a Depleted Isotope Cell, extracting the Isotope, compressing the refuse, and then putting the new product back into a cell and into a reactor, like a breeder. Then making a bomb out of it. Perhaps to offset the cost of the extra processing, nukes only require one plutonium? Another bonus: the added complexity means that it is even HARDER for terrori- griefers to get their hands on super scary weaponry! So whaddya think? Does it need more balance? Do you think that this idea is good, but it should be more integrated in nuclear science so that it doesn't only apply to crazies who make nukes? Or should this idea be forgotten forever, doomed to the pits of the Nether?

Nukes nowadays are typically made of U-235, which is the MOST energy dense one. It kinda makes sense to use the one that contains the most energy in a big explody thing. The reason why reactors aren't explody is because they use a neutron gun to set off the uranium, which sets off a small amount at a time. Nuclear bombs, however, use a conventional explosive to set off the uranium, which causes ALL the uranium to explode at the same time. Although, I think that you should have to extract refined uranium to get U-235, which you use in nukes. In reality, you get U-235 by placing uranium in a centrifuge, and taking the stuff in the middle out. You also refine uranium ore by spinning it in a centrifuge and taking the stuff on the sides out. So maybe make it so you extract uranium, rather than compress it?

Hi I just have a bug I'd like to report. I have a pair of fully charged quantum boots and i cant jump really high with them. Im holding down control when I just but its still doin the normal 1 block high jump. I also have the KeySprint mod installed, which changed the way Minecraft sprinting works. It makes sprinting a button instead of double tapping the "w" key. I remapped the sprint to Ctrl. Wondering if that would cause this. idk. ?( :huh: :S :?: :!: :Quantum-Boots: :Quantum-Boots: :Quantum-Boots:

Are they TMI'd / NEI'd qsuit boots? Because those don't work anymore, you have to charge them normally first.

Anything that says "infinite energy storage" is a bit beside the semi-realistic approach of IC2, in my opinion. Storing energy is actually a horrendously difficult task in real life...

It's ridiculously simple if you happen to have a brain. Generator designed to run on perfect ratios of liquid hydrogen to liquid oxygen, and electrolysis. True, you will have some loss, but you always have loss.

The only thing I think it could possibly remotely be would be either Railcraft or NEI. Ultimate, do you have either of those installed? Because I doubt that BC would be using IC2's API, it doesn't do anything with it, but IC2 uses BC's API.

I had a similar error while no-loss wrenching a compressor. I had forestry 1.3, but I copied the IC2's API files over the ones in the same location in the forestry folder.

Edit: Same error just wrenching the compressor.
    [spoiler]
    ModLoader 1.1 Initializing...
    Mod Initialized: mod_ModLoaderMp 1.0.0
    Mod Initialized: mod_NotEnoughItems 1.1.0
    Mod Initialized: mod_EnderChest 1.0.1
    Mod Initialized: mod_BuildCraftCore 3.1.2
    Mod Initialized: mod_BuildCraftBuilders 3.1.2
    Mod Initialized: mod_BuildCraftEnergy 3.1.2
    Mod Initialized: mod_BuildCraftFactory 3.1.2
    Mod Initialized: mod_BuildCraftTransport 3.1.2
    Mod Initialized: mod_BuildCraftSilicon 3.1.2
    Mod Initialized: mod_LogisticsPipes 0.1.7 (built with Minecraft 1.1.0, Buildcraf
    t 3.1.2, Forge 1.3.1)
    Mod Initialized: mod_RailcraftCore 3.0.0
    Mod Initialized: mod_RailcraftBuildcraft 3.0.0
    Mod Initialized: mod_RailcraftExtras 3.0.0
    Mod Initialized: mod_RailcraftAutomation 3.0.0
    Mod Initialized: mod_RailcraftFactory 3.0.0
    Mod Initialized: mod_RailcraftInfrastructure 3.0.0
    Mod Initialized: mod_RailcraftRails 3.0.0
    Mod Initialized: mod_RedPowerCore 2.0pr4d
    Mod Initialized: mod_RedPowerArray 2.0pr4d
    Mod Initialized: mod_RedPowerLighting 2.0pr4d
    Mod Initialized: mod_RedPowerLogic 2.0pr4d
    Mod Initialized: mod_RedPowerMachine 2.0pr4d
    Mod Initialized: mod_RedPowerWiring 2.0pr4d
    Mod Initialized: mod_RedPowerWorld 2.0pr4d
    Mod Initialized: mod_BuildCraftZFP (Forestry Package)
    Mod Initialized: mod_Forestry 1.3.0.0
    Mod Initialized: mod_IC2 v1.62
    Mod Loaded: mod_ModLoaderMp 1.0.0
    ModLoaderMP 1.0.0 Initialized
    Mod Loaded: mod_NotEnoughItems 1.1.0
    CONFLICT @ -4
    Mod Loaded: mod_EnderChest 1.0.1
    Mod Loaded: mod_BuildCraftCore 3.1.2
    Mod Loaded: mod_BuildCraftBuilders 3.1.2
    Mod Loaded: mod_BuildCraftEnergy 3.1.2
    Mod Loaded: mod_BuildCraftFactory 3.1.2
    Mod Loaded: mod_BuildCraftTransport 3.1.2
    Mod Loaded: mod_BuildCraftSilicon 3.1.2
    Mod Loaded: mod_LogisticsPipes 0.1.7 (built with Minecraft 1.1.0, Buildcraft 3.1
    .2, Forge 1.3.1)
    Mod Loaded: mod_RailcraftCore 3.0.0
    Mod Loaded: mod_RailcraftBuildcraft 3.0.0
    Mod Loaded: mod_RailcraftExtras 3.0.0
    Mod Loaded: mod_RailcraftAutomation 3.0.0
    Mod Loaded: mod_RailcraftFactory 3.0.0
    Mod Loaded: mod_RailcraftInfrastructure 3.0.0
    Mod Loaded: mod_RailcraftRails 3.0.0
    Mod Loaded: mod_RedPowerCore 2.0pr4d
    Mod Loaded: mod_RedPowerArray 2.0pr4d
    Mod Loaded: mod_RedPowerLighting 2.0pr4d
    Mod Loaded: mod_RedPowerLogic 2.0pr4d
    Mod Loaded: mod_RedPowerMachine 2.0pr4d
    Mod Loaded: mod_RedPowerWiring 2.0pr4d
    Mod Loaded: mod_RedPowerWorld 2.0pr4d
    Mod Loaded: mod_BuildCraftZFP (Forestry Package)
    MinecraftForge V1.3.1 Initialized
    Jan 23, 2012 6:36:23 PM forge.ForgeHooks <clinit>
    INFO: MinecraftForge V1.3.1 Initialized

CONFLICT @ -58
    attempting to refresh unknown animation forestry.factory.TextureBiomassFX
    attempting to refresh unknown animation forestry.factory.TextureBiofuelFX
    attempting to refresh unknown animation forestry.energy.TextureMilkFX
    Mod Loaded: mod_Forestry 1.3.0.0
    Using 32 audio sources.
    Mod Loaded: mod_IC2 v1.62
    Starting BuildCraft 3.1.2
    Copyright (c) SpaceToad, 2011-2012
    http://www.mod-buildcraft.com
    attempting to refresh unknown animation buildcraft.energy.TextureOilFX
    attempting to refresh unknown animation buildcraft.energy.TextureFuelFX
    attempting to refresh unknown animation buildcraft.energy.TextureOilFlowFX
    attempting to refresh unknown animation buildcraft.core.CoreProxy$CustomModTextu
    reStatic
    Overriding /net/minecraft/src/buildcraft/core/gui/block_textures.png @ 144 With
    /net/minecraft/src/buildcraft/krapht/gui/logisticspipe.png. 61 left.
    attempting to refresh unknown animation buildcraft.core.CoreProxy$CustomModTextu
    reStatic
    Overriding /net/minecraft/src/buildcraft/core/gui/block_textures.png @ 145 With
    /net/minecraft/src/buildcraft/krapht/gui/logisticspipeprovider.png. 60 left.
    reStatic
    Overriding /net/minecraft/src/buildcraft/core/gui/block_textures.png @ 146 With
    /net/minecraft/src/buildcraft/krapht/gui/logisticspiperequester.png. 59 left.
    reStatic
    Overriding /net/minecraft/src/buildcraft/core/gui/block_textures.png @ 147 With
    /net/minecraft/src/buildcraft/krapht/gui/logisticspipecrafter.png. 58 left.
    reStatic
    Overriding /net/minecraft/src/buildcraft/core/gui/block_textures.png @ 148 With
    /net/minecraft/src/buildcraft/krapht/gui/logisticspiperouted.png. 57 left.
    reStatic
    Overriding /net/minecraft/src/buildcraft/core/gui/block_textures.png @ 149 With
    /net/minecraft/src/buildcraft/krapht/gui/logisticspipenotrouted.png. 56 left.
    reStatic
    Overriding /net/minecraft/src/buildcraft/core/gui/block_textures.png @ 150 With
    /net/minecraft/src/buildcraft/krapht/gui/logisticspipesatellite.png. 55 left.
    reStatic
    Overriding /net/minecraft/src/buildcraft/core/gui/block_textures.png @ 151 With
    /net/minecraft/src/buildcraft/krapht/gui/logisticspipesupplier.png. 54 left.
    reStatic
    Overriding /net/minecraft/src/buildcraft/core/gui/block_textures.png @ 152 With
    /net/minecraft/src/buildcraft/krapht/gui/logisticspipechassirouted.png. 53 left.

reStatic
    Overriding /net/minecraft/src/buildcraft/core/gui/block_textures.png @ 153 With
    /net/minecraft/src/buildcraft/krapht/gui/logisticspipechassinotrouted.png. 52 le
    ft.
    reStatic
    Overriding /net/minecraft/src/buildcraft/core/gui/block_textures.png @ 154 With
    /net/minecraft/src/buildcraft/krapht/gui/logisticspipechassidirection.png. 51 le
    ft.
    reStatic
    Overriding /net/minecraft/src/buildcraft/core/gui/block_textures.png @ 155 With
    /net/minecraft/src/buildcraft/krapht/gui/logisticspipebuildersupplier.png. 50 le
    ft.
    CONFLICT @ 0
    reStatic
    Overriding /net/minecraft/src/buildcraft/core/gui/block_textures.png @ 156 With
    /gfx/blocks/propolis_open.png. 49 left.
    reStatic
    Overriding /net/minecraft/src/buildcraft/core/gui/block_textures.png @ 157 With
    /gfx/blocks/propolis_yneg.png. 48 left.
    reStatic
    Overriding /net/minecraft/src/buildcraft/core/gui/block_textures.png @ 158 With
    /gfx/blocks/propolis_ypos.png. 47 left.
    reStatic
    Overriding /net/minecraft/src/buildcraft/core/gui/block_textures.png @ 159 With
    /gfx/blocks/propolis_zneg.png. 46 left.
    reStatic
    Overriding /net/minecraft/src/buildcraft/core/gui/block_textures.png @ 160 With
    /gfx/blocks/propolis_zpos.png. 45 left.
    reStatic
    Overriding /net/minecraft/src/buildcraft/core/gui/block_textures.png @ 161 With
    /gfx/blocks/propolis_xneg.png. 44 left.
    reStatic
    Overriding /net/minecraft/src/buildcraft/core/gui/block_textures.png @ 162 With
    /gfx/blocks/propolis_xpos.png. 43 left.
    Trying to load IC2 submodule: bcIntegration31x
    BuildCraft integration module loaded
    Trying to load IC2 submodule: cgIntegration14x
    Failed to load submodule: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    Trying to load IC2 submodule: neiIntegration11x
    CONFLICT @ -204
    NEI integration module loaded
    Done.
    WARNING: Found unknown Windows version: Windows 7
    Attempting to use default windows plug-in.
    Loading: net.java.games.input.DirectAndRawInputEnvironmentPlugin

Starting up SoundSystem...
    Initializing LWJGL OpenAL
    (The LWJGL binding of OpenAL. For more information, see http://www.lwjgl.or
    g)
    OpenAL initialized.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: ic2.api.IWrenchable.wrenchCanSetFacing(Lxb;I)Z
    at ic2.common.ItemToolWrench.onItemUseFirst(ItemToolWrench.java:81)
    at ic2.common.ItemToolWrenchElectric.onItemUseFirst(ItemToolWrenchElectr
    ic.java:50)
    at acq.a(PlayerControllerSP.java:177)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.c(SourceFile:1220)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.k(SourceFile:1545)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.x(SourceFile:709)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:662)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)