Posts by BoggyDG

Well thanks :) My original plan was to actually rebuild the files into a mod, as i saw pretty much all of the files were there, but i dropped out on that idea, as it probably wouldn't have worked(taking stuff that's missing from other mods probably doesn't work that well as i would want to think). I have to thank you for somehow managing to still keep doing this as i would've dropped out years ago :P

Oh and when the mod is finished i will probably translate it to Croatian.

So, i decided to start playing my modded survival world again, but this time on 1.10.2. So i started updating the 20-something mods i had to 1.10.2(don't even ask about BC, had to search around the forums to find an unstable build), and this was one of them. Where,(if i even can) can i download the mod? The link in Q/A throws me to a github page, And nowhere do i see there a .jar file of the mod.

I'm kinda bored and i'm thinking to start playing IC2 again. Now, i've heard that the Enet has been fixed for minecraft versions 1.9+(machines blow up), and i'm wondering if basically 95% of my machines will explode. I don't have any transformers, i have upgraded all of my cables to gold(was going to write wire, but wires are exposed, and have no insulation), and i have an MFE. I'm guessing all of my cables are going to blow up, exept the ones that supply the MFE with power. But will all of my machines blow up too? As i said, i don't have any transformers, and mostly all machines that take a long time to process something have at least 4 overclockers.

Oh, and, you should add IC2 ores to the background image.

I'd love that too, but unfortunately if the devs decide to do it, it probably will take some time to do it. I'd suggest downloading the mod advanced generators. It can accept ic2 biogas and turn it into RF and EU(any maybe others, but idk). And, it's a lot more efficient than the normal ic2 biogas generators.

Ok, so i've been experimenting with crops and agriculture, and te thing is, i got the plant i want(ferru), but how do i plant it a bunch of times? I've checked everywhere, but it says NOTHING about that. How do i get more of the seeds? :Terraformer:

I've tried to make a reactor design with the highest possible efficiency, and managed to make a pulsed design with eff 5 and no reflectors. Now, i've tested the design in-game, and something seems odd. In the reactor planner(new one) a single component heat exchanger replaced for a component heat vent seems to make the difference in the whole world, that is that ALL the vents don't explode when i switch it up, but in the game, it barely seems to make a difference. Could you explain that? Oh, and the pulse configuration is modular, so it can be changed around, as long as the on period isn't too long to blow up the whole reactor, but the on and off periods have to be the same(i made it that way so it can be used easely with project red, with a timer and the gate with a lever.)

Reactor designs:

the "broken" one: 0D0C0D0C0D0C0D0C0D140D140D140D140D140D0C0D0C0D0C0D0C0D0C000C0D140D140D140303000C0D0C0D0C0D0303030C140D140D14

the working one: D0C0D0C0D0C0D0C0D0C000C0D140D140D140303000C0D0C0D0C0D0303030C140D140D0C

feel free to use these in your world.

And one more question, i've been testing a bit with reactors, and i have a question. in the reactor planner, it says, excess heat XX. Is that measured in seconds, some special ticks or in-game ticks. i suppose it's real-life seconds, but i'm not sure. i've checked the wiki and i couldn't find anything.

Using percentage balances it so there is a maximum of 5x more output, if it used raw heat then it would either lead to having to reach a really night heat to get the same output now, or MOX outputting massive amounts if you heated a reactor full of heat capacity plates up. Not to mention how the heat effects are based of percentage, so by the time you reach 4x output, your reactor will damage you and melt blocks around it.

I'm confused. Night heat? "Not to mention how the heat effects are based of percentage, so by the time you reach 4x output, your reactor will damage you and melt blocks around it."? Could you explain that like to a normal person that plays IC2?

This is less of a suggestion but more of a thing You should do. I was playing with the reactor planner(new one) and i saw that heat-capacity reactor platings can increase the reactors maximum temperature, so i thought, let's push my MOX designs' EU output! But i was wrong, as the MOX fuel gave me the exact same amount of EU even if i had them in my reactor. It seems as the MOX output is calculated by the reactors heat procentage, not as the actual heat amount. I've also tested it in game to be 100% sure. I think that this should be changed so the MOX output is affected by the heat amount, not procentage. And for your entertainment, i placed a bunch of nuclear images in the post.

:Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT:

So, as me being so nice, i translated your "freakin' mod" to Croatian. I believe almost nobody will use this translation, and maybe me(yes, i'm from Croatia) because IC2 itself isn't translated(i would've, but didn't have the time, the will and some words can't really be translated easily), and there are bound to be some imperfections, and Croatia has a bad economy so the chances for a person to have a pc that is capable of running Minecraft, Playing Minecraft, has installed IC2, and heard about this mod and installed it are pretty small, and to add to it the population is 4.7 million, but that didn't stop me!I've set it to UTF-8 and changed the name to hr_HR. I've tested it in game by placing it in the .jar file of the mod and it works perfectly!(not bad for a person who knows nothing about coding and making mods). Now all you have to do is place this file in the mod, change it to a .lang file bcs this forum doesn't support .lang files and release it in the new update.

Edit: i've changed the file in here as the old one was encoded in ANSI and didn't support the Croatian čćžšđ letters.

Here's another LATE reply. you can maximize your EU output even more(185%) by using the advanced generators mod. it's areally cool mod, that has a bunch of fuels that it can accept, from IC2's biogas to railcraft coke in a syngas producer to minechem's cellulose(what is that mod?). And the cool part comes alive is in the gas turbine generator where IC2's biogas can go in, with other fuels as well, and if you use a gas mix compressor and a fuel/air mixer, you'll get 185% efficiency. You can learn more about the mod here. So if you have the mod, you get an astonishing amount of EU for the least amount of Hu.

i'd recommend kinetic wind/water generators for the beginning and maybe 20-ish solar panels if the wind gets calmer and later on get a small nukelear reactor like me that is outputting 100eu/t or maybe get the advanced generators mod and start making biogas.

here are my reactor i made.

Normal design

Eu/t 340
    Efficiency 2.83
    Cost 501 Copper,184 Gold, 334 Iron, 40 Redstone, 120 Rubber, 91 Tin, 24 Uranium Fuel
    By BoggyDG
    Running cost?

Link for the new reactor planner: 0C140D140D140D140D140D030D140D030D140D140D1403140D140D0D140D0D0D0D0D140D140D030D140D030D1402140D140D140D1402

MOX design

Eu/t 240 at 0%, 920 at 70%, 1056 at 84%
    Eficiency 3,
    Cost 424 Copper, 26 Diamond, 64 Gold, 746 Iron, 16 MOX Fuel, 32 Redstone, 96 Rubber, 125 Tin
    By BoggyDG

Link for the new reactor planner: 0C0A140A140A140A000A0C0A060A060A0C0A140A140A140A140A14140A140A140A140A140A0C0A060A060A0C0A000A140A140A140A00

Feel free to enter the blank spots with anything you want!(as long as it doesn't mess with the hull. Advanced vents, component vents, and component exchangers wont mess with it)

Besides the name, let's get serious.

Automatic Potion brewing and potion drinker.

For the Auto potion brewer, i've thought of that you put in the ingredients and it automatically makes a potion. no need to place new items or something like that. you put in the ingredients, and it automatically gives you a list of potions it can make, and it even has an internal storage so you can just leave the items in there and it'll be ready next time to make more. And maybe make an option so it starts up with a redstone signal and makes the potion until you run out of stuff, or you stop it.

For the potion drinker i've thought of an item that you put in your inventory that has a tank, and if you enable it, it feeds you the potion automatically until you run out or shut it off. it won't feed you the whole potion at once, but give you 1 second of the potion and the rest of it will stay in the tank.

This stuff probably won't be implemented, but is something interesting. :D

maybe what he means is a fusion reactor without the rest of gregtech changing the gameplay.

Exactly. I never used gregtech with my mods. Even tho other mods have features, that doesn't mean you shouldn't implement something similar. Maybe some people don't like other mods than IC2. If you don't like the idea, maybe antimatter? And please don't tell me they have antimatter in gregtech.