Posts by Sliderpro

Well i guess if you are going to nerf one machine under the basis of "Maintenance" to keep everything realistic to captain realism, then every single machine in the game should also be affected by this. Tools and nano/quatum armor may or may not get something like this because its annoying to code something to keep track of when to maintain it and shit (Although according to alblaka, NBT Tags solves everything equipment related)

Yeah,I have an off-scene dream of such realism,as it opens some new possibilities in smp and surely creates some pain in the ass in ssp /still,having a magic on-off option in config would be nice :D /.Yeah,this would make people build less same-type machines and make more upgrades,than more generators,etc.Pain in the ass could turn into something nice.Several new tools,brainkilling mechanics..sure,that's cool and fits 100% perfectly.I d love to see that 1 good day

Gold cables are useful if you use them with the right pulse size.

Yeah,in some way they are..like for ~10-20 block transfer,but as I used to play,it's really much faster to put a storage,fill some energy crystals and transfer them through BC pipes,or old fashioned way :D which is even faster.Isn't it?

There is something that disturbes me - when you place several uranium cells next to each other,the reaction goes faster and with more heat,right? so,Uranium cells should,obviosly,be getting used up faster.

afaik gold is used in three things:

-Circuits, gold is a pretty good electric conductor.
    -Jewelery and Decoration because it looks pretty.
    -Currency, since its fucking expensive.

Maybe some chemistry here and there, but im not too sure.

That's what I know,too,but thats it,no more uses ~_~ okay,lets stop flooding threat with nothing ;)

Yeah,there surely IS something what is sure - everything needs maintaince.Solar panel (panel itself) gets dirty over time.Depending on their working mechanics,the need oil for cylinder,highest quality water,inside wire replacements..man,tons of everything.

My idea is having different recepies for solar panels,like long unforgotten 2 copper cables and generator for basic/cheap/whatever you call it/ solar,then our modern recepie,and some *higher quality* solar. Maybe,each of them could produce slightly different eu/t.
    But the point is,having durability for machines,like for tools or having a *sure* working time and after that,possibility of breaking.It seems more-or-less realistic.
    Another idea is to add scheme of *insides* of a machine,where working parts of machine can be checked.So,if some thing break,you replace it and everything is ok.That seems even more realistic.

Also golden chandeliers? What is this Terraria? Come on, at least suggest a scorching lamp like those used in digging sites or what not, not stuff that came from the sixteen century >.>

I didn't play it) cmon,nuclear reactors aren't from that age as well :D and lamp..it's a matter of texturepack,as I've seen a torch into lamp texture.
    Hope you are right,as I covered my house with golden panels. 8)

BTW looking into the topic itself..I found out that I dont know where gold is used in real life,but in some microthings and jewelery >_>

It doesn't look like that - eg using a vanilla furnace with first shift click you throw wood into top slot(and not bottom slot,so it s not random,even as wood is fuel as well) and with second click you throw your coal into bottom slot.So it is possible to code item to shift click and make it go specifically to the top or bottom,else clicking with wood in vanilla would make it randomly go to the top or bottom,that's how I see it

As I see it,Tin is completely one-time use resource.Buckets,cans,cells..sometime ago I didnt use cells and had,like,stacks of tin blocks.If you rethink it - where do you use tin? not much,do you? and tin can..with IC2 it is temporarily,as you craft Quantinum armor helm you wont need food ever.And why do you really need alot of cans? having 20 is really alot of time running.half a stack is just no-brainer for such convinent food storage.And how much would you like?

I am a bit dissapointed with gold usage.Golden cables are..ehem,worthless.Never did use them and felt fine w/o them.It cold be nice to add some more usages,maybe decorative blocks,like golden fence? I would absolutely like to see /if I am right with translation/ golden chandeliers with diamonds on them,showing off like on shelf mod from the author of modloader.I know,that IC is INDUSTRIAL craft,but why not?>_>
    Still,the almost only use for gold for me is BC pipes~ would like to see some more gold usage in IC.
    I'd like to know what everybody think of where gold should be used

This may be a bug as well as duplicate thread,I dunno.Still,I suggest to make machines work with shift-click normally,like enegy units (eg energy crystals) going to the bottom of the machines and other stuff going to the top,making fuel going into the bottom of the generator,water mills accepting buckets right to the bottom slot and so on.BTW Canning machines work really funny with shift,allowing you to put items into right slot.

Ehem.Do I alone feel,that 1 UC can't generate anything? If I am right,the basics of reator are having 2 or more cells to interact.1 UC cant generate anything,it simply is'n interacting with anything,so I suggest removing process of generating EU with 1 UC.Just...unrealistic

No need,transformator upgrade is invented,and miner already has option in config files to enable lapotron usage