Posts by Leburgerking

Currently playing on IndustrialCraft version 2.2.793 Minecraft version 1.7.10 Forge Version: 10.13.4.1558

I've been playing with the industrial craft mod for years and don't know what the issue is. I have 16 geothermal generators that are currently hooked up to an infinite supply of lava thanks to BuildCraft Pipes, and each of these generators are connected to an MFE. The problem is that, even while the mfe is only powering a macerator and an electric furnace it is registering a net loss in power. I checked the cables inputing power into the MFE, and it says there is only 1 eu/t to 5 eu/t being input into the MFE, even though it is running at about 10% of its power capacity. The (graphic?) on the front of the geothermal generator only seems to light up sporadically, even though it should be producing 20 eu/t consistently given the low power in the mfe. The Geothermal generators are hooked up to the mfe with glass fibre cables.

Anyone know any way to possibly fix this issue? I tried moving around all the cables but it did not affect the power output of the geothermal generators.

*Edit: When the Geothermal Generator is initially filling up it's internal buffer it produces energy at 20 eu/t, but the energy that outputs from the buffer to the mfe occurs at a very low rate.

** Not sure if this belongs in support or in the Bugtracker, will try to reproduce the same conditions in a single-player world.

I tested this problem out in a single player world with the same results, there is a issue between the energy output from the internal buffer and the energy that the geothermal generator produces *WITH MULTIPLE GENERATORS SIMULANTEOUSLY.

I have a crossbreeding farm set up on a 9x9x3 (W,L,H) block of dirt at layer 150. im keeping it fully hydrated etc, but after 1 hour of getting weeds i started using weed-ex on the crossbreeding crops and after 3 hours of producing weeds after that i dont know what to do anymore. The location of the farm is in a swamp biome no blocks are within the radius (nothing that would block the 'air'). im using all vanilla minecraft items (mainly melons,sugarcane, and wheat). and i just want to know what im doing wrong. (I'll probably update this later incase further questions about my problem arise.)

Mods loaded: 21
    ModLoader 1.1
    mod_ModLoaderMp 1.0.0
    mod_BuildCraftCore 2.2.12
    mod_BuildCraftBuilders 2.2.12
    mod_BuildCraftEnergy 2.2.12
    mod_BuildCraftFactory 2.2.12
    mod_BuildCraftTransport 2.2.12
    mod_zAdditionalPipes Rev32.3
    mod_zIC2_CharcoalDust v1.0
    mod_ComputerCraft 1.21
    mod_Forestry 1.2.6.4
    mod_IC2 v1.64
    mod_BCIC2Crossover 1.18 for MC 1.1, BC 2.2.12, IC2 1.62
    mod_IC2AdvancedMachines v3.2
    mod_RedPowerArray 2.0pr4d
    mod_RedPowerCore 2.0pr4d
    mod_RedPowerLighting 2.0pr4d
    mod_RedPowerLogic 2.0pr4d
    mod_RedPowerMachine 2.0pr4d
    mod_RedPowerWiring 2.0pr4d
    mod_RedPowerWorld 2.0pr4d

Minecraft has crashed!
    ----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem.

If you wish to report this, please copy this entire text and email it to support@mojang.com.
    Please include a description of what you did when the error occured.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 14c3055a --------
    Generated 2/18/12 9:44 AM

Minecraft: Minecraft 1.1
    Java: 1.6.0_24, Sun Microsystems Inc.
    VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.
    LWJGL: 2.4.2
    OpenGL: AMD Radeon HD 6450 version 4.1.10750 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at ic2.common.StackUtil.copyWithSize(StackUtil.java:126)
    at mod_zIC2_CharcoalDust.load(mod_zIC2_CharcoalDust.java:46)
    at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:824)
    at ModLoader.AddAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:189)
    at afq.<init>(afq.java:80)
    at afq.<clinit>(afq.java:9)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:265)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:648 )
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    --- END ERROR REPORT e814e161 ----------

So the real question then is, which grows faster? Does the growth speed of cacti exceed the losses incurred? Is it really worth it spending that much redstone and iron on pistons?
    Wouldn't a tree farm work better? (Though that leaves the realm of IC2)

Actually, i am not that interested in the topic to begin with. I have my tree farms! :D

(*Noms on Cadde's wood) :D

It's called a mod. your right, the nether has no benifit whatsoever with the exception of an easy place to get lava. but i've modded the nether with Nether Ores which has all ores (including diamond). and makes the nether actually worth exploring etc.

automatic cactus farms are actually not as efficent as an automatic reed farm, i've observed that cactus block actually destroys materials when you drop an item onto the cactus block. this also includes cactus that falls into the cactus block after collecting.