Posts by Lurch1985

I would like to see Full (Batboxs, MFEs, MFSUs) put off a redstone signal when full this with red power lighting blocks I could make a room that I could walk in and see how much power I have stored up.

I doubt this is possible, as they are already set to recieve redstone power to make them charge. I'm not a coder, but I pretty sure you can't have something that sends and recieves redstone like that. Not without coding specific sides for each purpose i.e. top emits and the rest recieves. It's a little awkward to do considering you're essential asking for a compatibility for another mod and there are no other functions I can think of.

Lol, I actually like this bug/feature. Mining lasers are delicate, highly advanced pieces of kit. Hitting them off rocks isn't exactly the best idea anyone's ever had.

IC2 in current stage miss few "generic" recipes.

Coding every possible plant clump recipe combination to allow different plants stack is not way (anyway this wont work with buildcraft autobench), may be recipe to convert any plant into plant chunk?

Shapeless 1:1 any plant into plunt chunk, and recipe to use plant chunks to craft plant clumps.
    This will make automated biofuel factory a bit easie.

This would actually end up with one more recipe than the current system. As it is, it's 1 recipe per plant > plant clump. With your system, it's 1 recipe per plant clump > plant chunk > plant clump. The only benefit of this system is you can stack it for later processing. But even with the buildcraft system, this leaves you with an extra autocrafter to worry about.

From my understanding, better than wolves is now using the MCForge platform, so it should be compatible. If he runs a number of mods, it's likely to be one of the other ones causing a problem. I'm not involved in the forge project, so I dunno. However, the main goal of MCForge is to maximise compatibility, so in the future, they will definately be compatible. Bear in mind, this is still a beta release. We havn't hit 1.0 yet.

First and foremost, tech level achievments, when you achieve your first LV, MV and HV items. And of course for nuclear power. Probably for achieving electric tools as well. Should be fairly easy to come up with achievments. On my lunch break at the minute, so don't have time to flesh out the list. Looking forward to see peoples suggestions. :)

Agree with killerbeez on this one. While I absolutely love the idea of building a rocket to the moon, this is a game at the end of the day and whether a robot fits into the natural environment or not isn't really a gamekilling issue. I think rarespawn would be great, possibly dropping iron dust or wiring when killed. Maybe not making them hostile until you get close to them would work. Would give you a damn good reason to make use of the forcefields. :D

I don't think where they come from is such a big issue. After all, we're talking about minecraft here. Where anti-gravity is a frequent occurance and creepers have somehow managed to follow the basic laws of evolution and survived until now. :)

This is a bit much, but run with me on this one. How about making the painter a spraycan style backpack device, needing an accompanying tool in your quickbar. You could put raw dye into the backpack (by holding and rightclicking for a gui) and it would extract the dye, essentially turning it into paint. Could add an electrical component in the form of requiring batteries or something. Overkill, I know, but I thought it would be cool. :D

Gotta say, I love this idea. You don't have to make them terribly powerful to give a huge amount of extra atmostphere to the mod. If overpowered is an issue, why not add a configurable file for them to make them more or less powerful?

I don't think it's an immediate concern, but I believe it would add a great feel to the game. After all, skeletons and creepers arn't exactly an industrial era enemy. :)

While we're on the topic of controllers, I had the idea to add a warning beacon that would sound a signal whenever the reactor is about to go critical. It's totally unnecessary, as with the restone automation through controllers, the player won't actually need to be aware of the reactor overheating. I just found a nice warning sound and wanted to use it. :D

Name: Chris/Lurch. I've also been known as Gandrial and Astrin in my WoW days.

26 years Old

Been a computer enthusiast since I was 10 and gathered a good general knowledge of them, I'm also a qualified network admin. I work as a sales assistant in a bookshop but I have also worked in recording studios and doing live sound at festivals and gigs around Ireland. I'm in a comedy metal band called William Christ and the One Man Orgy, music video here.

Interests include video games, books, physics, astronomy and all sorts of other stuff.

Looking forward to working with you guys.

Can't see a problem with this. Nothing to lose. If it comes to it that they're providing shitty hosting, then you can always cut the deal. Just make sure to read the small print and not get tied into any stupid contractual obligations. :)

I was under the impression that it would follow the same doubling up as a macerator would. When you put it like that, I really like the idea. Basically a big mortar and pestle for ores. I don't think a handheld tool would work though. Would much prefer a machine for this purpose.

I like this idea, but I wouldn't say it was necessary. I would see the handcrank macerator at a similar tech level to the iron furnace. Something pre-electricity. Possibly using steam power (water+coal). However, it's quite a lot outside the whole design concept in my eyes. Macerators are still one of the earlier techs and it doesn't take long to obtain your first one. The ability to double your ore production should take a little while to achieve imo as it's a very powerful bonus.

- Name/Nick (just something to call you with)

Chris (Real name) or Lurch. Most people, even IRL, call me Lurch.

- MC-Forum Nick / IC-Forum Nick / Minecraft Acountname (preferable all of them)

Lurch1985 (for all of the above)

- Timezone you're living in, given in GMT +-x

GMT (Ireland)

- The position you want to take, aka: what do you want to do?

somebody capable of creating/searching/modifying sound files

- Previous experience on the position mentioned above? A good spot to throw links at previous projects/activitys of yours.

I am 26 years old and an experienced audio engineer and have worked in a recording studio as well as doing a lot of home recording projects. I have worked on albums that have ended up on record lables, although I cannot give out any of this work, obviously. :) I also have a reasonable knowledge of synthesisers and how to use them to obtain the desired effect. I will be happy to provide examples of my music, both digital synthesiser based and live audio based on request. I have also assisted in some video game projects for friends studying video games design making, recording and manipulating audio for sound effects and game music.

Below is a link to my bands video, which was an entirely homebrew operation. I warn you though, we're a comedy metal band, so leave your preconceptions at the door when viewing. I'm not sure if this is of any interest to you, but I was lead in the recording process.

William Christ and the One Man Orgy - Forbidden Reek of the Ice Fortress

I have a lot of general IT experience, having used PCs for most of my life and I am extremely adept at researching how to do things, which I deem a vastly under-rated skill. I have a mishmash of different skill sets from graphic design, a little programming and a good knowledge of the design structure in video game developement.

I'm not familiar with the audio requirements of minecraft, but I will be more than capable of meeting any specifications.

Finally, I am an avid follower if IC (I'm a frequent visitor to the Industrial Rager server) and am very excited about what MC Forge holds for us in the future. If you have any further questions or need additional information, please ask.

Thanks for reading.

Chris/Lurch