Posts by Barumann

To recap:
    <see Ricks post on page 3 for a link to the actual note, all following is interpretation, then speculation>
    Text literally copied from the note will be in green.

So, we have:
    U-235 = (o)=(u) Which is quite certainly a regular uranium cell.
    (u), (u)(u), (u)(u) are then recipes/icons for the single/double/quadruple uranium cells.
    _________(u)(u)

o = (lightning) There is also a probable relation with energy production (u) -> o, (u)(u) -> oo and (u)(u)(u)(u) -> ooo
    o = 4xH I suspect this is heat -> as there is a table with o and H -> when o>4, H is "HOT"

Maxeff =7 this is quite selfexplanory.
    Following the "HOT" comment we come at the "need cooling" business
    We also get a glimpse on how the quadcells will be made
    (u)+(u)+DCP =(u)(u)
    2(u)(u)+3DCP =(u)(u)
    ____________(u)(u)

Where DCP is another riddle.
    HOT & COLD...
    Need durable plating...
    - Heatable
    -KUPR! = compress = DCP

Which is probably Copper, as pointed out before. So we probably have compressed copper plates as a major build component.
    I like the Hazmat suit recipe :P at least I suspect it is as it clearly represents a modified nanosuit pack and it has Safety first written all over. I wonder what its made of though.
    Instead of Carbon plates the recipe uses R and O
    R: reinforced stone (probably not)
    O: seeing as "make it orange" is written near you could think it is orange dye
    O: could also be a diamond/energy crystal

This DCP is further used in the fabrication of Heat switches/fans.Cooling goes hot = BAD -> Needs AIR for this we need 4 good iron and 4 [reinforced?][perforated?] iron in the shape of a furnace note that the "new iron" icon is a #
    Then we have Cooling good, but how to get the H to the coolers? followed by the recipe of the heat switch:
    MinecraftGhast :Advanced Circuit: MinecraftGhast
    [t]DCP[t]
    MinecraftGhast [t] MinecraftGhast
    With MinecraftGhast is empty
    These probably can be upgraded as the recipes under the heat switch drawing are
    [heat switch]+DCP = ?
    [heat switch]+4[t] = ?
    x[heat switch]+DCP+ y:Advanced Circuit:+z =? <- [super transported celle something]

With the last one probably an equasion on how heat is distributed or cooled. Also noteworthy is the [t] which is shaped like a trapezoid in the drawing; it could be tin, as iron has a similar icon but not with the "t".

Another thing we find on the drawing is probably a recipe for the cooling cells.
    [water bucket]+ :Empty Cell: = :Water Cell: +[t]x4 = :Coolant Cell: where I suspect the regular coolant cells have a new recipe.
    These can be combined following the next scribbles:
    :Coolant Cell: =10K [heat] [:Coolant Cell::Coolant Cell::Coolant Cell:] =30k [:Coolant Cell::Coolant Cell::Coolant Cell::Coolant Cell::Coolant Cell::Coolant Cell:] =60K
    and [:Coolant Cell::Coolant Cell::Coolant Cell:] =
    :Coolant Cell::Coolant Cell::Coolant Cell:

[ :Coolant Cell::Coolant Cell::Coolant Cell: ]
    [ :Coolant Cell::Coolant Cell::Coolant Cell: ]=
    MinecraftGhast:Refined Iron:MinecraftGhast
    [ :Coolant Cell::Coolant Cell::Coolant Cell:] ? [ :Coolant Cell::Coolant Cell::Coolant Cell: ]
    MinecraftGhast:Refined Iron:MinecraftGhast

? <- DCP?

Then we only have Suggestions for Breeding and suggestions for Comme@#{{[ left :p

Using a :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: + 2DCP gives a new reactor component. this can be recombined with 2 [A]? with [a] being advanced alloy (i assume)

or we can use :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: +4[t] +4# (remember, # was the perforated/reinforced/referrated iron)

Breeding:

For one use cooling
    :Refined Iron: :Refined Iron: :Refined Iron:
    :Refined Iron: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Refined Iron:
    :Refined Iron: [heatswitch] :Refined Iron:
    gives [X] and
    :Iron: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Iron:
    [x][L][x]
    :Iron: [heatswitch] :Iron:

L = Blau block (translates to blue block if i'm not wrong, presumably lapis lazuli block.)

For effectiveness
    :Tin Ingot: :Copper Ingot: :Tin Ingot:
    :Copper Ingot: DCP :Copper Ingot:
    :Tin Ingot: :Copper Ingot: :Tin Ingot: = x4 + DCPx1 = super [unreadable]

So we get at least two components solely for breeding. a component or block that increases efficiëncy and one that cools the reactor (although only one time)

That was my two cents, hopefully I have something right or have I helped some of you guys to find the solution to the dragonlord's riddles.

Baru~

True. large machines were denied because they give more lag in comparison with one block machines. Even for the sake or realism, no more large machines will be implemented.

Also, ouch red large words ;( it hurts me eyeses

I'd say it is more of a problem with the baked-in laziness of people. Why work hard when someone else can do it for you?

I've used tekkit/technic from before they had the launcher. When the launcher came out I was pleased, as it took the hassle out of installing the large zipfile with jar and mod folder components. It was easy, it worked (usually).

That was way before I knew the whole issue about the modpacks lack of permission. Still, even when I was aware of it I did still use it. (as the Yogscast kept promoting it and hey, it did all the work by itself...)

Now, ever since forestry was kicked out of the modpack I saw the pack with another pair of eyes. I watched some videos on how to solve conflicts and such and started to make my own modpack (which only I and my brother use fyi)
    Now that I have the skills to do so, I'm even less tempted to use Technic/tekkit. For starters, I can choose what mods are in.

A lot of the Technic users do not posses the skill to install any mod by themselves. why would they? they don't need it. This has several effects. One of them being that the support requests are often very vague/completely unhelpful (the screen went black. what went wrong?), the other that they close their eyes for the undergoing "war" on modding.

If only more people could be tought how to install mods I think we would already see a major move in the traffic to Technic. I can only hope this will improve once Minecraft has its own official API.

Just because I want modpacks. It's a shame that for example BTW is a standalone mod - but I can understand why.

thats why I said a sufficient large storage block. an mfe is enough when using a few solar panels. then again, it wont last a full night.

It's a bit mix and match in how many resources you are willing to spend versus the amount of nightwork required

you might aswell replace that induction furnace with a mass fab in the original post. or even place it parallel with the mfe/mfsu. that way there will still flow current even with a full storage block.

instead of a energy sink like an induction furnace, you could actually use the detector to power a splitter cable, while as energy sink you use a sufficient large storage blok (mfe/mfsu)

That way the energy won by the solar panel(s) is not wasted but instead used to fill the night supply. once the sun goes down, the panels dont produce eu -< detector cable switches off, splitter cable enebles current, and your mfe/mfsu starts emitting power to the engines.

Cheers

You could (as fortune and silk touch go at least) stick with a silk touch upgrade. Diamond/coal/lapis/redstone ore could be dropped then, and be macerated with a few extra drops? (2 diamond from dia ore, 2 coal/ 7 reds/lapis)

But unless I failed to understand what he said, Industrial diamonds are not collectable in survival anymore? As in, you need to cheat to get them?
    So technically, they are kinda discontinued, as there are no future plans/ uses for..?

I see, not entirely getting warm for it. Oh well...

But how exactly do you mean they were deprecated for regular diamonds? You can make diamonds by using your coal surplus, so isn't that decreasing the value of a diamond rather than increasing it?

Baru

Edit: Suggestion came several updates too late - the process is already changed, making following tweak pointless.

Okay, I hope I don't pull open a wasps nest of flame, seeing how I have so little posts and experience here :p

Summary: Revamp the industrial diamond process to a "more lifelike" process.

What: Instead of making an industrial diamond, make diamond dust instead.
    Most artificial diamonds (especially those made for industrial purposes) are small to very small. It is also quite strange that you need three gemsized diamonds to coat your drill into a diamond drill.

With dust (obtained by macerating a diamond 1:1 ratio/ compressing a coal chunk in the compressor), these actions actually make sense.
    Eventually you could recompress the dusts into diamond gems.

That's about it.

Baru

Basically a survival island seed on which I have to do certain tasks in order to get some rewards (given through NEI)
    Though EE is installed, it is only used to craft some useful items like those large chests - I don't do that transmuting shit for items I can get to. (this does not account nether stuff, as I do not venture there and these items are won by completing challenges.) :D

Original island:

Island in current state:

As you can see, The island has been expanded a little. Construction foam rocks! The two new islands are also artificial.The lights are sandstone covered RP2 lamps, hooked up to a light sensor and a wire under the path which automatically (de)activates when needed.
    Power is clean and green with 2 unmanned watermill towers (2 x 4 x 4 x 4 mills).
    The Landing strip is ment for a future RP2 frame contraption. To the far left you can see my quarries.
    The huge tower is just a vintage point. you might also spot some RP2 solars in one of the trees. Disguised as a birch tree, the power is used in my machine room and cacti farm.
    After entering the tower you descent the stairs and...

... you enter the hallway. Not much to say here, continue downstairs for the challenges corridor, mob grinder, fuel refinery room, potion and enchantment room, RP2 controlled cacti farm. (TOP) Right you see the tanks from said fuel room as indicators how much has been produced. The greenhouses are reachable through the hallway behind the glass at the right top corner of the picture. Other rooms there are pump chamber, sorting control room, railcraft corridor and sleeping room (complete with jukebox and 10 -legit!- disks :thumbup: ) Also, the mob grinder is operated from here. Its currently off, so the mob spawner room is lit and none of the killing mechanisms work. (but more about that later.)
    (BOTTOM) Upon descending, you are greeted by the machine room. Note that the wall chests are ment for the Mob grinder and for general crap.

My machine room. by far the room I live in most :D plating is iron block cover with basalt strip. Machines visible (ltr) Recycler, compressor, extractor, MFE, blutricity oven. The pneumatic tubes shovel all junk my quarry digs up trough a sorting machine (behind the wall), and pass through this room once again. Then they get transported to w/e chest they belong to. Under the blutricity oven there is an electrolyser to buffer exces EU.

View from the other side. Machinery (ltr) A second blutricity oven, Blutricity alloy furnace, Macerator with Energy upgrade and 8 Overclockers, Electric furnace, Canning machine. Behind the main table you can see a RP2 computer (currently it has no use), a rolling machine and a project table.

This is behind the wall of my machine room. The staircase leads to the sorting machine for easy acces in case of malfunctioning. Under the floor is an overflow chest, accessible through the lower floor. To the right there is my Railcraft corridor, with three coke ovens and a blast furnace. (although I haven't used RC much yet, still busy with the other mods :D )

My fuel refinery room. Pretty much nothing special here, The engines also power two pumps to keep everything cool. Right starts the Corridor of Conquests (or challenges), which I won't be showing (boring!).

BUUUUURN! The mob grinder in action. While on, all lights in both hallway and room are out. The hallway is built on halfslabs so nobody can spawn there. Periodically, a number of igniters pulse and light everything aflame. Then pistons retract and water floods the room, driving the goodies to a row of transposers.

One of the 3 Greenhouses I currently have. Due to be built underwater, most blocks stay quite well hydrated :D Currently only 6 new plants discovered though.

That about wraps it up, let me know what you think of it? :)

i'm still not in favour for a peltier unit. as long as it's safe to stand right next to a working nuclear reactor, I feel that it is not necessary to implement the 'hot generator burns my back if I don't use a peltier unit' thingie. plus, it makes it expensive for the trouble you throw yourself in. usually you have the resources to make a lappack quite fast.

But in survival, this items looks like its not needed. in the upcoming adventure mode, I could see a few uses though :)