(obsolete) [TWEAK] Industrial Diamonds

• Do we need to alter industrial diamonds? 6

1. Yes, the process should be tweaked as described in this post. (1) 17%
    2. Yes, but I'd like to see it done in another way. (0) 0%
    3. No, just... no. (4) 67%
    4. Meh. I don't care. (1) 17%

Edit: Suggestion came several updates too late - the process is already changed, making following tweak pointless.

Okay, I hope I don't pull open a wasps nest of flame, seeing how I have so little posts and experience here :p

Summary: Revamp the industrial diamond process to a "more lifelike" process.

What: Instead of making an industrial diamond, make diamond dust instead.
    Most artificial diamonds (especially those made for industrial purposes) are small to very small. It is also quite strange that you need three gemsized diamonds to coat your drill into a diamond drill.

With dust (obtained by macerating a diamond 1:1 ratio/ compressing a coal chunk in the compressor), these actions actually make sense.
    Eventually you could recompress the dusts into diamond gems.

That's about it.

Baru

• Industrial diamonds were deprecated for regular diamonds, ergo increasing their value, ergo making the cost justificable. revamping a process for no real reason besides "Revamping a process" its stupid.

I'm with The Asshole on this one.

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• I see, not entirely getting warm for it. Oh well...

But how exactly do you mean they were deprecated for regular diamonds? You can make diamonds by using your coal surplus, so isn't that decreasing the value of a diamond rather than increasing it?

Baru

• So basically industrial diamonds are discontinued? I didn't know that. Well - in that case you're right, this tweak is absolute bullshit then. :/

• So basically industrial diamonds are discontinued? I didn't know that. Well - in that case you're right, this tweak is absolute bullshit then. :/

He said that the industrial diamond recipe used to make an item called the industrial diamonds, which looked like :Industrial Diamond: . If you look closely it looks a little different than a vanilla diamond. A few versions ago it was changed to make normal diamonds instead, which can be used in other mods as well, as well as in vanilla armor. It's still there.

• He said that the industrial diamond recipe used to make an item called the industrial diamonds, which looked like :Industrial Diamond: . If you look closely it looks a little different than a vanilla diamond. A few versions ago it was changed to make normal diamonds instead, which can be used in other mods as well, as well as in vanilla armor. It's still there.

It's still there for backwards comparability, if you place an industrial diamond in a crafting cube a normal dimond is outputted.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• But unless I failed to understand what he said, Industrial diamonds are not collectable in survival anymore? As in, you need to cheat to get them?
    So technically, they are kinda discontinued, as there are no future plans/ uses for..?

• But unless I failed to understand what he said, Industrial diamonds are not collectable in survival anymore? As in, you need to cheat to get them?
    So technically, they are kinda discontinued, as there are no future plans/ uses for..?

You CAN make them in survival.