Posts by mijnboogje

Your link is same as first post link. As fa as i know, ice blocks cool reactor hull only. Components are able to cool by themsef. If there are HDs in reactor, they will transfer heat from components to cooled hull, which can be than further cooled by ice, so ice helps components to cool faster.

as i stated, the link is taken from the first post.

ice blocks cool hull heat only, so making it posible to cool down the exces 1.3 heat/tick which has build. the only thing i am unsure of is the end of each cycle inside of the reactor planner.

it states, 67% hull heat. this is from 0 hull heat to start off with. might be the bug stated earlier although i am not sure.

edit: note i am only staking theoretic posibilities right now, alot is yet to be comfirmed by actual testing ( my test world is doing so right now ) i might have results tomorow

checking back in with you guys.

i thought of it, brain cracking concept....

Equivelant Exchange components cooling works, ALOT cheaper then building an aditional reactor, but second reactor also works.
    the big + of alchemical chests for this is that you can store ALOT of items to cool down inside.. so might be the best bet. can someone comfirm that this is not only working for me?

also the design that was provided in the beginning of this thread, i believe this is the optimal design. EXEPT the fact it has 1.3 heat + p tik making it viable to an explosive meltdown.

i suggest after ea cycle to switch to an cooling mode to remove lets say.. 500 heat from the hull?
    this is the normal cycle, it doesnt use the hull heat levels as said in primary post.
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1010101301501521s1r11r10

to cool down the hull i thought it may be best to just use an few ice blocks which are easily made using water cells in an compressor - > yields snow - > yields ice.

it removes 300 heat ea, so dumping 2 of these in the breeder can cool down the hull for you. just make sure ALL internal components are removed before doing so. i believe the cooling effect is first used for internal cooling and then for the hull.
    correct me if i am wrong.

Wel, this reply is starting to get long. let it work on you. and let me know what you think, il be happy to adjust some things to make it work in the overal picture.

wel wel, looks like somebody made the jump to making one of these at last!

i have caught up with this post, reading all. studying all.

using 2 reactors - one breeder, one cooler. i think i might have an idea that might just work.....

stand by, il work this one out and post the results, it wil consist of 2 reactors. an breeder and cooler.
    (might also try something with alchemical chests and repair talismans) since heat is concidered damadge to an component)
    (for those who dont know what i mean, Equivelant exchange mod)

Happened to me once, guy was banhammered and the server shut down till I could figure out a bug that happened at the same time.

no way? XD that is REALY an sick prank! :P

place a few chests with hidden trigers to an nuke... then wait....wait.... WTF! BOOOOOOOOOM!

wow, that would be an awesomely sick prank! haha

Wtf is wrong ? Got out of the wrong side of the bed ? This is my current understanding of reactors, and imagine i read alot about them, all stickies, ablakas tutorials, the wiki entries, numerous topics otherweise... doesnt say i'm right about everything but thats why i posted my opinion as i did. His design is not working proper, is it ? What the fuck is wrong with me saying that ?

Telling me that i'm an uneducated fuck that has to do some more reading is not really helping but thank you for nothing. But maybe, just maybe you're going to fill me in in your elitist knowledge so that an iliterate dumbass as me is finally getting it.

please take it down an notch, minors might read these forums,

wel budi, about your second question.

you tried to design your own reactor using the planner and some components are red, this means they wil melt during the first cycle, an reactor with "red" components wil most likely blow up in its cycle.

and you wondered why adjacent components wil melt before other parts? wel i have an few experiences with that which i wil explain.

coolant cells: these are marvelous little things, if you hapen to place these next to the uranium cells they wil directly take the heat from the uranium, thus increasing the chance to melt greatly.

heat dispenser: wonder of nuclear engineering, these make sure all heat is distributed in an + shape, place these next to an reactor and it wil work its magic, as an example:
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1k10101001501521s1r11r10

the heat distributors are places so they can reach the MAX amount of coolant cells, always make sure every cell is connected to at least one, this is the most effective way to go,
    another example:
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…c0=1p10101001501521s1r11r

this one cools more then it heats up, BUT the components wil melt causing your reactor to say BANG!
    the cells are now distributed allongside the uranium cells, causing them to take direct heat without heat dispensers aid. causing an meltdown.

if you have any more questions, feel free to ask :)

You can actually make a bucket reactor have 5 now with the retrievers. Ice is so much safer, so I would go that route personally.

youre correct, (hate to admit it haha)
    normaly the classic bucket casuc used 4 chamber reactors. losing eu/t
    and it is true, ice has some large bennefits, for example stacks of ice are 64 (duh :P) instead of 1 bucket. is there an flaw? you have time to search for it and shut down the reactor. zupar!

Still something is wrong through. With 1 bucket per 5 sec thats 50 extra cooling per sec which should easily make it a mk1 yet it can only run for 2,48 cycles. Am i missing something or is suc bugged in the planner?

it can be buged, i also noticed that the reactor planner is somewhat off lately, (left me with an nice crater)

thats why i usualy test it all myself for primary and use planner after hand