Posts by Karach

Now that's the thing that IC2 has been missing since its beginning. :thumbup:

Judging from the screenshots, I believe the quarry strips patches of the ground from the top to the bottom, meaning it has to load several chunks at once, right? Have you, perchance, considered implementing the extrautilities quarry mining algorithm (you dig the column all the way down first, then start another column)? This way you would always have to load only one chunk regardless of the mining area size (which you could then increase :D )?
    Also, how about replacing the mined area with a block of your choice (dunno, cobble, gravel, dirt, stone)? Or are you that set on leaving huge holes in the ground? ;)

Do forgive me for suggesting your quarry to become a copy of the extrautils Ender Quarry, but your mod has a huge advantage over extrautils - it doesn't require installing a set of needless items to get only one machine that does what I want it to do. :thumbup:

HV cables aren't all that bad. If you consider the packet size, the relative loss isn't all that great.
    Plus, they totally look badass, taking almost full block, 95% of which is rubber insulation with a thumb-sized iron cable in the middle (at least with sphax textures). Truly a look to behold. :D

The UUM-Assembler implements IQuantumChest, also it can show the Informations about that on Nuclear Controls Information Panels.

I asked as a player and got treated as a modder. 8) So it implements IQuantumChest and I suppose I could hack into your code and call the getStoredItemData() method. No biggie. :whistling: But I asked from the player's perspective. There is no (assuming I don't plan on using Nuclear Controls) way *in game* to check how many UUMs are inside the assembler, am I correct? Maybe you could squeeze in a piece of info on the assemblers gui? But there's not much room left (assuming you won't make the gui bigger)... So, maybe a tooltip? You know, hovering the mouse over the uum (or even the GregTech logo, that would be even nicer ^^ ) and it shows you the number of :Matter:.

Also (but I have to check it with the latest version), I had some troubles making the assembler save the glowstone block recipe in its memory. I have no idea why, whenever I selected the glowstone block, it appeared in the respective recipe slot but disappeared as soon as I closed and reopened the assembler's gui. Haven't had that problem with any other recipe.
    Sorry to bother you if that issue was already fixed, as I said, I haven't checked it with the latest version yet.

GT, if there's one thing I like very much about your mod, it's the industrial grinder and blast furnace. For their multiblock structure and badass looks. :D Having said that, industrial electrolyzer and industrial centrifuge are single blocks. Any plans on making them a part of some badass multiblock structures so that they're able to work?
    Also, there is no way (as far as I'm concerned) to check how many UUms are in the UUM-assembler. Do you plan on adding (or is there already) any way to check how many uums are inside?

Obligatory note: sorry if my questions were already answered somewhere in this 150-page monstrosity of a thread. :rolleyes:

Luckbot: Greg's ores spawn in ExtraBiomes. I quarried ruby from underneath savanna, for example. ;)

OK, since you tackled this issue anyway, let me ask you something that has been bothering me for a while.
    What gives more power? Burning a bucket of biomass in a forestry generator or burning a bucket of biofuel?
    Before you answer, please look here: http://forestry.sengir.net/wiki/index.php?n=Machines.Still
    Mainly this line:

Converts at a 10:3 Ratio, e.g. For every 3 and a third buckets of biomass it processes you'll recieve 1 bucket of biofuel.

I tihnk it's something most of the people forget or disregard. But doesn't it effectivelly mean, that burning one bucket of biofuel (32 000 EU) is equivalent to burning 3,3 buckets of biomass (26 400 EU), but at a slightly different EU/t? And that's not counting the costs of powering the stiller. If you power it with biomass engine, you have to count the biomass that gets used by the engine itself, thus effectively increasing the costs of producing the fuel.

I thought hard about it one day, when I was trying to figure out which would be more efficient to do: dump the biomass straight into the generator or have it pass through the stiller first. And I came to the conclusion that SirSengir most probably made it in such a way, that the total EU gain was the same (considering all the sideway costs of producing biofuel from biomass in the stiller) for both biofuel and biomass; the only thing that's different is the amount of EU per tick you get. :P

So, care to share what do you think about the whole onversion thing? Even now, I'm still very curious about whether or not what I just said makes any sense. 8)

OK, I was hesitating if I should drag this discussion along, but I have one question to ask (and then I will be gone):

Suppose I made a mod that adds some stuff. Suppose I uploaded it here. Suppose I then added some code that, if GregTech was installed along, changed the recipe for fusion reactor to be made of sticks and leaves (a stupid example, I know, but hopefully you get my drift). I, of course, would add an option to a config file to allow users to disable this recipe. But (and here's my question) would you stand indifferent to it? Wouldn't it bothered you at least slightly that someone makes a mod that, by default, completely changes the way your mod plays? I'm just curious.

Actually, if I know anything about you from 106 pages of this thread, I'm pretty sure you would either check if my hypothetical mod is enabled (and crash Minecraft then MinecraftChicken ) or otherwise block recipe changing. :whistling: I don't doubt you've got the coding skills to do that. 8)

I hope I won't be regarded as the hate-spreader or flamer (because that's not my intention here). All I ask for is some regard for someone-else's work (Mojang doesn't count, though; they all gave us Minecraft to rape it with mods :P ).

Kinda late on this whole Soaryn discussion thing, but I agree with the dude. While many mods strive to make a completely new game out of Minecraft, they can usually be installed together for better or worse gameplay experience. There is some competition between some mods (like tubes in RP and pipes in BC, electricity in IC2 and RP), but mostly that doesn't change the way each mod plays by itself. There are even some mods that allow other mods to work together (Transformers to link BC and IC2) or expand on other mods (like many smaller mods made with IC2 or BC in mind). But what Greg does is entirely different.

Because Greg RAPES the original IC2 recipes by default. There is a config for that, of course, so it's not that big of a problem (for most of us, at least), but I wonder who or what gave Greg the right to decide what is the best way to play IC2. It's actually very kind of him that in his infinite benevolence Greg gave us the mighty config to disable raping IC2 recipes. [See the sarcasm? It's right there... :thumbup: ]

The UnregisteredGuy brought a very valid point for this discussion before, so I'm not gonna repeat his words. Suffice it to say that I agree with Soaryn and the UnregisteredGuy.

Hey, Soaryn. Do you, perchance, like apple pies? And I mean much? 8)

It's anything but simple. MODception on the fourth level of depth. :thumbup:
    Would anyone also want to write an industrial quarry? Or do I have to do it myself? 8o Then again, once mistaqur will have coded his miner, what would be the point of having the device that literally rapes and destroys biomes? :pinch:

Not nice, Greg. :thumbdown:
    You receive a well-thought-out critique of a few aspects of your mod, that Almanorek must have put some effort to think through and write down, and you come off sounding as "GTFO, you don't have to play in my sandbox".
    While I respect the fact that you put a lot of work into this mod, that it isn't even completed yet, and that you (obviously) don't force anyone to play it, acting like a jerk is always frown upon, you know.

Forcidium (what frikkin Element is that? I cant find it in my Table of Elements)

And did you use a special Minecraft Periodic Table or did you try to use a plain Earth one?

Seriously, I can understand the need to make anything as close to reality as possible, but it's just a game. MinecraftChicken All the time Steve carries METRIC CRAPTONS of stone, cobble, sand and whatever else in his friggin' pockets and no one throws a fit over that. 8) Why be so picky over the name of some ore?

Side note: crap, there still isn't RedPower for MC 1.3.2. It's effectively delaying the moment I finally get to use your amazing mod. :thumbup:

Start using bufferchests and extract the items by the stack lol.

I do just that. But it all is for nothing if for some reason a part of the pipe route gets cut or disabled. Your signature explains it all (love it, by the way :D ). I'm in the process of replacing BC pipes with RP tubes and teleport pipes are gonna be replaced with EnderStorage chests (and tubes and filters/ejectors :evil: ). It should prevent the spilling. ^^

Vertical setup of cobblegen on first pic is not working:(

It does work, but you have use the lava source block for every 'floor' (every level) of your lava chute (as Greg mentioned). Water can be only one source block at the very top of the design. That way, when each lava source block expands (and flows) to the side, it hits water and generates cobble.

Anyway, even in such design that many block breakers took a heavy toll on my poor PC. ;(

EDIT: Is that an ostrich on this screen you attached? ?(

Side note: I'm still in the process of replacing BC pipes with RP2 tubes (Greg surely knows why :thumbup: ). And a curious thing happened recently. I accidentally broke the connection of some teleport pipes and guess what? All of the junk got trapped between two teleport pipes (with teleport pipes, items aren't spilled on the floor, but turn around and travel backwards from whence they came), with new blocks constantly feeding this endless loop. Needless to say, until I remembered about it and figured out what was happening, there was an enormous clutter of items between the two teleport pipes, slowing my Minecraft to a crawl. And guess what I did. :whistling:
    That's right, I BROKE one of the pipes, causing all the items to fall on the floor. :thumbup: If this was real life situation, you can imagine Steve being buried under hundreds of pounds of rubble and clutter. :D Of course, since it's Minecraft, he survived but the game itself came to an immediate stop, as so much items fell on the floor. God bless Single Player Commands and 'removedrops all' command. Only that saved my sorry ass. :D

So yeah, as Eloraam put it:

Quote from Eloraam

Buildcraft, lawl!