Posts by FenixR

I wish people would actually quote me saying "We did not implement CASUC as previous because there will be a more advanced coolant system" and not "We removed CASUC"

It took me a while to understand that those LHZ components are the new Casuc components, they are just a little more difficult to use and more expensive. (Although some calculations says the expensive part its relative to how much efficiency you have with your generator with UU matter production)

1. You used the reverse engineering concept wrong, it usually means analyze or examine something made by someone else to see what makes it work and try to replicate it.

2. What you are suggesting its some sort of decrafter, something that have been suggested several time in the past and was either ignored or rejected (Yes im going to use the ignored part a lot from now on so get used to it > : D )

3. For the cell thing just use a bucket in the first place.

Needless to say the entire thread was turned into a fight between the author and another person, who took the code and made a ripped off version of the plugin. The other person claimed that as soon as code was released it was open source under the GPL license (which is far from true).

Examples like these its why i will never (In the personal level) support Open source nor i would suggest anyone from doing so. Yes i know there is a lot of benefits in going open source, that just because its open source doesn't mean a free for all (Depending on your license and if you choose to enforce it severely if someone violated it even though you do this for free/fun) and that not everyone is like this.

But its the internet after all, where anonymity rules and everyone can get away with a lot more things than what they do IRL (But its the place we all grown and learn to love). Out there is a whole lot of idiots, morons or "Locusts" that devours anything in their path just because its there where everyone can see it. Closed source may not be the most optimal way to do things, but at least it will detriment those with less skill than what they preach to have.

Al will not go full blow open-source, from a post he said he will only invite "Trusted" people to see the source code to help him with bugs:

Additionally, the idea of creating a semi-public source hub, permitting 'trusted' (aka invited) persons to submit code changes (which then need approval) sounds reasonable to me. In best case, this will cause the bugfixing rate to reach new highs, whilst giving us devs more time to work on actual new content.

Just ask for the thread to be moved to the recently created "Addon Discussion" since you practically have only air on this, that way discussions or suggestion on this can continue if you want to. Once you have made something playable you can make a new thread with the addon itself.

Bad Choice of title if you don't want people discussing about reactors. Fine if baturinsky still have interest in that chat he can post it in the thread of "Realism" or whatever.

And for your "suggestion", i would say no, the whole cooling system is handled by the use of the Cooling cells and heat vents. And if we look at it right, you are asking for a way to pump water directly into the nuclear reactor, a "suggestion" that if my memory doesn't fail me was already rejected with the previous reactor system, so i don't see why it should be applied to this new reactor system.

Its difficult discussing if the reactor should or should not be more "Realistic" if we don't present any "Argument" explaining why it should be or not, so an argument free topic its impossible or at the very least impractical. If you are refering to the "Violent" kind of argument, do not worry i never take anything personal or go beyond talking about the topic in question.

And since i forgot to respond to baturinsky, yes i know how nuclear reactor worked in 1.2.5, you placed uranium cells in it to produce energy simple as that (yes it will explode if you leave it like that but it doesn't affect how it works until it explodes), so how they work in 1.1.0.6? You place uranium cells in it to produce energy. That part really didn't change at all, the only thing that really changed its how to cooldown the reactors before they reach the critical mass. I admit that never used breeding reactors so i can't say much on it both before and after the update.

Im starting to ask myself, if people are asking for more "Realistic" Nuclear Generators now, why they didn't do it before?

The new generator basically works the same way but with added components and stuff, this is baffling me.

... Joder... General Discussion its for Minecraft related NEWS and forum stuff like rules or troubles. If its not about the forum, not about ic2 or not about Official Minecraft News then it goes in the off topic section.

@Below: (Don't really want to make another post just for this), the off-topic section its also there for cases like these where you don't know where it should go. The off-topic title even says this:

Everything, which doesn't belong to IC² goes here.

Changed my opinion again, wanna try for the suggestion sub forum "Janitor", gonna rule with a iron fist moving/closing threads after a week or 4 weeks depending on how many stars rating the threads gets, if they get a Developer response and if the idea or a similar idea was "Rejected", "Ignored" or "Accepted" before. (Although this require the OP to not able to rate their own thread)

Also just because i got the power to move/close threads doesn't mean i will close/move any suggestion i don't like, but that doesn't mean either that i will not try to stompcriticize it in my usual demeanor.

A liquid CF foam sprayer machine would be good, just place a CF Foam block (Not the pellet) into one of those cement mixers (Dunno the name, its a kind of drum that its constantly moving to prevent the cement from drying) with water (So yes like a new machine), so just make a mold with blocks of any material (Sans scaffolds) with a hole on top, place the machine feed it with the CF Foam Blocks + Water + Energy and see filling the mold with CF Foam to make CF Walls (Like if you made it with scaffolds and sprayers).

Of course the mix of the CF foam + water will increase the number of blocks similar to the pellet + sprayer.

Why do i feel my energy sapping every time i read any of your posts... It gets worse when i have to re-read it because sense you make so little of it at times. Anyway... im going to dissect your post to try and fucking make some sense:

Rawcode: you just like ic2 devs in general

I like every devs in equal measure. Be it ic2 or bc or whatever. And i support them and their views, wherever it is with open source projects or closed source projects or mid open or half closed or whatever they consider their project to be.

Rawcode: ignoring whatever posted on forum

Can you specify which forum? This one? MCF? what forum exactly?

Rawcode: taking only your own opinion in account there is nothing to duscuss with you.

Im only exposing my opinion in full before giving a shit about others. After that they are free to take it apart and some discussion may happen (Like this one)

Rawcode: I dont see comments like "IT'S NOT OPEN SOURCE GTFO BITCH DONT MAKE MODS" on www.minecraftforum.net, OMG WHY THEY EDIT MINECRAFT??? THEY NOT ALLOWED, IT'S NOT OPENSOURCE!!!

I dont see similar posts on forge forums.

I dont see anything similar on bukkit forum

If your english was any good as your coding (Sadly it isn't[CLARIFICATION before you get a sudden itch of butthurtness, you english is bad, your coding i dunno]), you would have realized that i never said any of those things as a "FACT". Lets read what i said one more time shall we? (Or at least what i think you are "quoting")

FenixR: And in no way does mojang says "Any mod for our game must be open source and allow any kind of flithy paws into their code"

Ok then, what i tried to said here WAS NOT that mojang doesn't allow any kind of modifications to their code because they are closed source and stuff. Its obvious they allow it because mods exist after all. WHAT i was actually trying to say with that phrase its that mojang in no way whatsoever forces mod devs of their game (Minecraft) to follow the same way they did by allowing MCP and mods to exist even though its a "closed source" project without an official api (And if you did not know, notch the one who made this mess of a game was against it at first but jeb convinced him iirc). And i said that in response to this comment:

Silty: In the end, if Mojang lets us mod and patch their game in whatever way we want, what right does Alblaka have to prevent us from doing the same to his mod, as long as we only distribute the patch and don't claim his work as our own?

So, re-responding to that person, mojang does not force mod devs to follow their ways (And if they did Closed Source with the ability to make addons would be that particular way if you ask me) so alblaka have all the rights in the world to keep anyone he doesn't want, to see his code.

Rawcode: (ofc *you* dont know, but bukkit team distribute SOURCE of minecraft from github)

No i didn't know, thanks for the tip though!

Rawcode: ...Butthurt...

Could not resist, such a fun word that everyone should know what it means.

Oh and btw, you can't really inflict butthurt if you completely misunderstand what someone said and blow it out of proportions, in your case its more of herp derp in your post... I think? Im not that really well versed in internet slang and their meanings.

So i strongly suggest you to take a deep breath, and read my or any post a few times and think it well before posting the first thing that comes from your mind so you don't misunderstand it and blow it out of proportions. (And while you are at it, please take a english grammar book/course, for everyones sakes D: )

In the end, if Mojang lets us mod and patch their game in whatever way we want, what right does Alblaka have to prevent us from doing the same to his mod, as long as we only distribute the patch and don't claim his work as our own?

Because alblaka isn't mojang? and Ic2 isn't minecraft either.

And in no way does mojang says "Any mod for our game must be open source and allow any kind of flithy paws into their code"

Edit: @below: Never said RP PR its good, i frequent that thread and see for my self how some people start bitching but usually doesn't scale for more than a few posts, must have missed that one.

Ic2 was also remade to some degree since 1.3 make the merge to client/server. And from the Big "tech" mods, Ic2 was one of the first that made a working version, so its not to be surprising that it have some bugs (Specially since SMP was always the version that showed the more problems and bugs).

I don't really agree to some degree on making Ic2 Open source and find it to be unnecessary, the only two things the ic2 devs need to work its on releasing hotfixes for the really serious bugs to make a more stable release so people won't complain like whiny little bitches (Sorry had to) and leaving the rest of the annoying but not gamebreaking ones for a latter release (Either with new features or just a port from one MC version to another), and communication on the bugs, a simple list where you can mark bugs as acknowledged, not that it will stop the stupid people that repost bug, but at least will stop the complainers from, well complaining that they are not being read or that they are kept out of the loop.

So those two are really the reasons why kane its bitching so hard:

-No hotfixes for serious bugs.
    -No communication from the devs about the status of the mod.

And yes get it over with, im the asshole of the forum, so i don't give a shit about how i word things.

Edit: Also if you think ic2 Public relations its bad, then you don't really bother about RedPower, she has been silent since a while ago and you don't hear people bitching about it too much. (No i don't give a crap that RP almost never have bugs, im just talking about the PR side)