Posts by Bluehorazon

Except you use dynamo as brakes only. As if boots collect energy from fall damage, not from walking.

Although it is possible to make energy by falling you really would never want to walk with shoes that does this. It's like always walking in sand which is incredible annoying. So as tradeoff jumping or running with Pants, Shoes should create more exhaustion while producing a bit energy.

I wish they'd just add an Iron Ladder that allows faster climbing or something, as it stands the trip down a vertical shaft involves jumping them attempting to wall cling before you hit the bottom, and then a slow, tedious, climb back to the top.

I'm glad the hitbox for ladders is returning however, I've fallen out of my balcony through the ladder too much as of late because of that change.

Small hint. Dig a deep, very deep hole. At the end of the hole place one piece of Ladder. No just jump on this small piece of ladder. Thanks to the removal of the collision-box you can jump on a ladder from any high... we again seems somehow broken. Normally you crush on top of the ladder and die.

If you don't mind turning it on and off you might try something like this:

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1k10101001501521s1r11r10

I haven't done much improvement but I guess you are searching for something like this? But I guess it isn't enough to drive itself.

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…1k101010037ps011111101110

something like this could also be used as a combination of breeding and generating energy, but producing a lot of energy and breeding is not possible I guess.

Ehm... no.

A MarkII will never go boom normally. It runs a full cycle but needs cooling afterwards.

Actually building a casuc is totally easy, if you don't go for that much EU/t.

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…0101011a01521s51lvc011r10

This is redicolous easy to build and provides a lot of power. Which is just straight forward way too strong.

A reactor like this

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…1k101010037ps011111101110

provides reasonable power and actually for quite a long time. It gives 12.000.000 EU or 600 Blocks of Lava for one cycle. Given that you only need 4 Uranium for this it is suitable of providing a lot of power. You will run out of easy to access lava way before you run out of uranium. And of course this reactor is basically fire and forget, since you place some Uranium in it and have 2 hours to do something else. So even in the first cycle the reactor provides you with 7 diamonds if you feed the energy into a mass-fab or 10 Iridium-Ore (enough for a piece of Q-Suit). So after 4 Cycles you have enough materials for the Q-Suit (based on the useable parts, since the chest is normally dropped for a lappack).

So technically a CASUC only does some minor things:

1. It increases efficiency by 33% and more.
    2. It is way cheaper than a regular reactor
    3. It is able to burn more uranium at a time.

All 3 things together just cause the problem mentioned by the OP. With BC or RP there is no reason to build a regular Reactor using the new methods since a basic casuc only needs to work with 16 uranium-cells to reach eff4 increasing the efficiency by 33%. So you only need to place 3 new buckets per second into the reactor, since you have at least 8 Slots with one Chamber or 14 with 2 chambers this is totally easy.

I know it is fun to build and manage CASUCs yet they are hilarious OP and I would understand and actually approve if reactors got changed to not accepting tubes or pipes. Since this would make the new reactor-features worth using.

Technically a 1770 EU/t CASUS is possible by using 5 chambers and 7 Buckets. But there is a problematic timescale:

1. At time 0 there are full Buckets in the reactor
    2. At time 1 the reactor does it's first tick reaching enough heat to consume all the buckets, which are now empty
    3. Between time 1 and 2 all the buckets must be retrieved and replaced by full buckets
    4. At time 2 the reactor does its next pulse consuming buckets again

So the problem is Step 3. You only have one second to pull out all buckets and replace them with new ones. If you miss that the reactor will increase it's heat.

The Iron saved is -ridiculously- more difficult to find than the single redstone dust that's 'wasted'.

If you're unsure, why not look at the videos I just uploaded?

http://youtu.be/GSEmKdRODss Episode 1.1 - the first machines
    http://youtu.be/UalrpoTHfzo Episode 1.2 - tier 1 completed

I haven't questioned that. I just said that using 5 Redstone Dust is enough to macerate Iron for the Generator. So if you have enough redstone, which is rather likely if you search for iron quite deep. You don't need the batteries.

Actually there are normally two scenarios if you start mining:

1. You mine only rock and fine materials within. In this case Iron is quite difficult to find.
    2. You hit a cave and explore it. Although this requires at least an Iron Sword, you normally find tons of materials while searching the cave. As you save the time you would need to mine stone you will most likely end up with enough Iron (the cave systems since... I guess it was 1.8.1 are rediculous large).

But I don't question the usefullness of building a macerator before a Generator if you want to only make two mining-drips. Because the point I really miss is that you ignore the fact that you need Iron before you start your bedrock-trip to get redstone. Since you need the iron-pick first. So you basically go mining two times, once for Iron to build the pick (and a little tin for buckets) and the second time you use your iron-picks to get the other materials and more iron.

Well I guess real MV-Cables are also not made from pure gold either. And you won't create solars out of coal-dust.

And although we are not able to send energy through a glass-fibre cable we all know that Alblaka is a technical genius and he obviously found a way to do this.

Rather simple.

3 Copper-Ore + 1 Tin-Ore = 2 Bronze-Dust

Bronze is a rather old material used way before iron. I guess they had a way to create it without macerating their Tin and Copper-Ores. The recipe is only half as efficient as creating Bronze out of dust, but it would make Bronze-Tools a better choice before using the mining-drill. Actually at the time you are able to create a Bronze Pick you are most likely also able to create a Mining-Drill, which is the better choice.

Well the point is not only being OP. The Bucketsystem technically defeats the whole purpose of creating such a cool ReactorGUI with a lot of functionality.

And of course they are somehow OP. Without a CASUC you are unable to reach efficiencies much over 3. So CASUCs allow for about 33% increased EU-Output per Uranium-Cell, since they normally go way over Eff 4.

Tin/Iron Buckets were never an issue for me. I normally manage my ressources quite good and I won't run out of iron or tin that soon.

As far as I know it's impossible to add anything of the sort without looking... Just plain stupid.

You can get away with planes, as they don't use the ground, but anything that actually uses the ground to traverse... It always ends up looking really, really bad.

You are able to wear solar-helmets in the next release and yet you speak about looking stupid? :P

Actually there are possibilities to make things look at least a bit nice. But it is something that is hard to too without much gain I guess.