Suggestion Vehicles

• Yes I know there is Flan's plane's and vehicles mods but they both suffer from serious client/host sync issues that imo makes them unplayable that and they are not compatible with IC2's energy system.

I was thinking a few simple vehicles like motorcycle / buggy / plane / speedboat / mini sub

Let them operate off the already ingame Fuel cans and or energy / lap crystals

Maybe a special purpose inventory slot that changes function depending on the tool / item placed in the slot a few ideas

Luminator : headlights :O <- doubt this is possible due to non dynamic lights but i can dream
    OD / OV scanner : ability to scan while in vehicle
    Mining laser : pew pew
    Chest : independent cargo area

I like to load up on equip and just go out into ye wilderlands and find a random spot and mine it out while pew pewing any near by creatures. The suck part is running all that distance and it sucks even more when I find a tonne of ore and can't carry it all so then you have to make 2 trips :(

• well we are getting electric minecarts....but until then :Quantum-Leggings:

still rocking the GMA 950 card :D overclocked to the point of smoking. :huh: hahahahaha now i got my 525m now that thing does work 8) :P :D

• As far as I know it's impossible to add anything of the sort without looking... Just plain stupid.

You can get away with planes, as they don't use the ground, but anything that actually uses the ground to traverse... It always ends up looking really, really bad.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• As far as I know it's impossible to add anything of the sort without looking... Just plain stupid.

You can get away with planes, as they don't use the ground, but anything that actually uses the ground to traverse... It always ends up looking really, really bad.

You are able to wear solar-helmets in the next release and yet you speak about looking stupid? :P

Actually there are possibilities to make things look at least a bit nice. But it is something that is hard to too without much gain I guess.

• You are able to wear solar-helmets in the next release and yet you speak about looking stupid? :P

Actually there are possibilities to make things look at least a bit nice. But it is something that is hard to too without much gain I guess.

Steve usually look stupid from the get go. But i agree with raa, vehicles in minecraft looks plain stupid most of the time, since you have to stick with the "Squareness" of the world.

• Official Post

First thing straight, we're totally not looking forward to eventually implementing a whole series of customizeable vehicles in future.

As well, your ideas sound sort of simple-minded and could for sure be done more detailed and better, like the IC Dev team would have done them if we would plan to implement a whole series of customizeable vehicles in future, which we're totally not.

Lastly, we probably wouldn't have thought about using Luminators in one of the possible equipment slots (hypothetically) to create a mobile light source of some sort and though it would be sort of awesomeness, I doubt the current minecraft engine permits this sort of stuff. If we would plan to implement a whole series of customizeable vehicles in future, which we're totally not, that is.