Posts by DoomFruit

It is because of the key that changes hud location, "H" by default.
    So whenever you write any word with H it changes its location.
    You can change its key in-game in controls menu.

Yeah, that is very annoying. I thought I put in enough checks to stop that from happening, but it doesn't seem to listen to me. I might actually remove that key - it was only for debugging anyway. Also on the "to fix" list: make the text not extend off the right hand side of the screen when using an HD texture pack (Soartex, in my case) - again, I'm also quite miffed by that particular bug.

For an immediate solution, I bound it to something very far away that never gets pressed during gameplay (insert, I think).

It was still there while i quoted, and it has not shown your edit in the "this Post has been edited 1 time by RichardG". I guess it doesnt show your edits. But now it's fixed.

Yes they can since, moment... i think 1.97 or the Version before that.

(checks changelog)

Well holy crap. Now I don't need my Frame-based oil tanker any more - I can just use Railcraft liquid carts, liquid loaders and a pair of teleporters.

On a somewhat related note - if you (the IC2 team) release an update to fix this bug (#103 ghosts), would it be possible to stick some of the old, hacky quantum suit boots code back in - in particular, the part that stops you from getting knockback whenever you land. 1.97 stopped me from doing any quantum parkour (by far the easiest method of navigating a jungle) in SMP because of this.

I still can't figure out why NEI isn't working for me.. (i have the newest chicken core and tried forge 164 to 171) ..also, for some odd reason my viewing distance is kind of stuck on tiny.. or rather only chunks really close to me get loaded.. i have to fly all around the area to see things like they were on "far"

...does anyone know were to find a perfectly clean 1.2.5 server and client jar? i guess i should just start over

Client? Delete your .minecraft directory, run the launcher to get a fresh 1.3.2, then use MCNostalgia on it: http://www.minecraftforum.net/…a-212-now-works-with-132/

Server? Can't remember. I know that you can snag older server .jars from the minecraft.net website, but I forget how.

EDIT: here you go http://assets.minecraft.net/1_2_5/minecraft_server.jar (source: http://www.mojang.com/2012/03/minecraft-1-2-5-prerelease/).

Can you plant nether warts if you have them? Because supposedly crossing them with wheat is the best chance to get hops...

I am also trying to get coffee beans to make coffee, but no luck there either. They seem to be very elusive.

Yeah, you can just plant nether wart on IC2 crops - that's how my crops came about. Far easier than attempting to crossbreed it.

Quantum armour already protects you from lava. Wear a full set and you can swim in it for a very long time (it nullifies all damage). It's also good for working with bees, since it cures all poison and again stops you from taking any damage.

Also, the quantum suit is superior to the nanosuit in every way. The helmet lets you breathe underwater, feeds you and offers better damage protection. The boots are not the same as the nanosuit, since they eliminate fall damage and let you jump extremely high (more so than Thaumcraft's boots, I dare say). The chestplate doesn't have any special abilities beyond the nanosuit, but blocks out all damage.

My normal attire is quantum helmet, trousers and boots along with a lappack (though the lappack gets switched out for the chestplate while in the Nether or End). If I still had my Efficiency V/Fortune III diamond drill from IC2 v1.43, I'd never take the chestplate off.

You know its illegal to post military secrets on the Web?^^

btt: This would source be nice, but, as already mentioned, that is too overpowerd.
    A balanced possibilty would be, that you could upgrade the Laser with some High-End Item (like Iridium-Plates) to a (only) mircowave-laser.

Illegal for which country? If Kuudere was Russian (for instance), Putin wouldn't give a rat's arse if he started publishing US military secrets.

Scatter mode can destroy RF too, btw. Each of rays can take one block, so whole barrage can make a huge whole in two-layer.
    Laser can't do anything with obsidian, though.

Damn. Obsidian floors are easy enough to make, but making the spectator window's going to be impossible if they destroy reinforced glass as well. I suppose I'll just have to ban long-range and scatter modes from the arena (along with nukes).

Well, since the Mining laser's extreme heat can be used to melt blocks, why can't we use it to kill mobs efficiently? There should be a mode that affects only organic-based things, such as NPCs, Plants, leaves and stuff, but won't damage blocks like stone and glass.

How would that work? It's pretty well known that to cook a steak, you need to hit it with enough heat to operate a blast furnace. Minecraft animals are pretty durable.

hmmm i'll see into that. i didn't notice this problem since nobody complained when i posted the pictures of my mining vessel.

I can see the images just fine and so can several others in the thread (otherwise there wouldn't be any comments on it). Methinks that RealEyesRealLies has something odd going on with his computer, router, ISP or all three.

Back on topic, it's quite neat to see all the little quirks and workarounds that you need to do in order to make the reactor move and function. It's the little things that matter.

I, myself, would honestly like to see connected forcefields, A way to link forcefields together via id cards. At the current time I've only seen a max of 64x64 cube, which is well.. only 1/3 of my castle, so I would like to connect 3 together. I mean think about it, if you can use something to connect forcefields together to be seamless, like say a card made at a specific link station or something, and you can link stations together as well using the same method.

Basically, if you had a 128 x 128, you would require 8 area projectors, 1 Link Center, 7 link stations, 7 link cards (All based from main link station), 8 Power Gens, 8 Blank MFFS Cards (for power gen -> area projector), 8 EU Injectors. Doing it this route, the link station would be a projector upgrade so that it connects the projectors, if the projector senses it's forcefield will be created in the boundary of another, it doesn't create the boundary. So the inside of these 8 would be hollow and only the shell would appear.

Just use several projectors in deflector mode. Then you can make it whatever shape you need.

Deployers do a right-click action. Water cells can be filled with a right-click action.
    The only caveat about an automatic deployer system is that for some screwy reason it'll shut down the infinite spring it's in front of once in a great while. (it's sorta rare, hard to nail down exactly why)

Hmm. I couldn't get a deployer to fill water cells for me on the server I play on. Looks like I'll need to try a bit harder this time...

Joke? Nay, I say! What would you find more useful - a dozen snowmen, or a dozen friendly skeletons?
    I know what I'd rather take exploring...

In the amount of waiting it would take for the lightning to strike the right spot and make just one skeleton, I could have a fully automatic production line (Redpower deployers, yay) churn out a thousand snowy minions. At least. Hell, I could even set up a UU matter-iron automatic production system and assemble iron golems.