Posts by DoomFruit

I just tried out cropxperimenting for the first time and I can't reproduce this. I can run back and forth all over my crops and they're fine. I'm on SMP with Forge 171.

I can also say that I've had no problems whatsoever on 1.103 with crops. On 1.95, they exploded if I so much as tiptoed near them, but I'm quantum running through the middle of my fields back and forth with no ill effects now. Like Monoxide, I'm using SMP on Forge 171.

I did, and it still generated the (blank)=(blank) part that kills it. A safe way to bypass this would be some check for when you actually pull/push names into the config, making sure that null values force it to exit (do an if/else clause with the is null? It would slow it down, but probably would kill the issue in its track) and instead use a predefined value. (which preferably would be editable in the config, but that's not necessary.)

I could have sworn that I did that already. The if check comes at the beginning of the abbreviation subroutine, so a null value should be found and stopped immediately. This is a very strange error.

Single player appears to be fixed, but SMP still does it.

That error there is from Forge's horrible config file loading code, so it's beyond my control at this point. Did you start with a fresh config file for this error?

Thanks.

(And don't forget to put mystcraft directly into the jar. It took me ages to figure out why it was refusing to run properly... :P)

Try version 2.1d now - I've slapped in more checks for string == null and additional checks for string == "". I couldn't see any null entries for various Mystcraft objects (linking book, descriptive book, writing desk, notebook, linkbook stand) when I tried it out, so I was unable to get it to crash and test whether the fix worked, though.

How do you deal with the second input slot in the macerator? It works fine if same ore goes into the machine but if two different types goes in only the first one gets macerated while the second slot is totally ignored and just sits in the machine. Any way to solve this without restricting the macerator to only burn one type of ore?

Stick some dirt in the second slot (and in the battery slot as well).

And version 2.1c is now out. It should fix the null pointer exception, but if it doesn't, then let me know and I'll put the null check in more places (currently, it's only in the "save/load abbreviation code" part - I held off on sticking it in the item name string builder parts for now).

EDIT: again, don't forget to delete the "=" line in your config file.

Also, it appears you don't have exception handling for when an item has a null name. (Not your fault, but it will crash the game because of it.) An example is the link book stand of mystcraft, which has no in-game name.

This might be fixed in your new version, as I haven't tested it yet. I'll have my hand at it in a couple hours and edit this post accordingly.

Nope, it's still going to be a problem with 2.1b (as you've discovered, I see). Stupid badly coded objects. *sigh*.

Delete the null entry (the one that just says "=") from your config file and I'll have you a fixed version in a few minutes.

I think I've found a bug. If I stick an external ID reader into any of the inventory slots in the Security Station, it completely vanishes - it doesn't get ejected like misplaced addons in other MFFS machines, it just disappears. I'm using IC2 v1.103 and MFFS 2.0.6.0 Beta 12 on a vanilla SMP server.

EDIT: don't know if this one's a bug as well, but if you put a coded power link card in any slot of the Force Power Generator or Modular Projector, it loses its power link when it gets ejected from the machine - it comes out as a plain card.

And version 2.1b is now out. The schematic will now only show up when it's supposed to, you can disable the text if you like and it now plays nicer with OptiFine and texture packs that supply their own font.

If you're one of the two or three people who grabbed it the moment v2.1b came out, (read: before 1537 GMT), get it again - I forgot to put the updated check in for one of the schematic drawing components.

I'm not sure if this is a bug with my version, but the graphical HUD stays even if I have no helmet, or nano helmet. Is this intentional? If not I can give more information.

Also I like this mod. :) I currently use it for my servers, and it's pretty useful for watching jetpack levels and the like.

Depends on what you mean by "graphical" - if it's the text entries, then yes. You get a very rough indicator of charge level (to the nearest 10%) when using a helmet that doesn't have a visor (or no helmet), an indicator to the nearest 0.1% when using a nanosuit helmet and exact EU/uses left precision when using a quantum helmet. The colour scale remains the same, so if you've got a very good eye, you can get full precision even without a helmet on. It'll display the name of what you're wearing anyway regardless of helmet status.

If, however, you mean the cartoon figure, then yes, that is a bug.

I think that is all it does, in the official Q & A Thread (where you could have posted this instead of making a new topic) Alblaka states

therefore if the mod creator himself has stated what it does, I am inclined to believe that that is exactly what it does, nothing more nothing less

You can think of it as a milk bucket that only stops most bad stuff, i.e. slowness, while leaving the good stuff i.e. regeneration so ultimately it is not entirely useless as you seem to make it out to be

A stackable milk bucket, no less.