Posts by Aliyon

Pretty sure pistons dont work on wires anymore.

I would really like to see a simple switch block that only lets power pass when NOT powered or in other words block current flow when powered. ( I say not powered because it makes redstone torch indicators easier to wire. ie. dont need to invert it for the torch.)

You can currently do this with transformers, but you need two if you only want a switch. Its kind of wasteful in terms of crafting resources and space.

But if damage from high voltage does get implemented as planned, this will be a necessity if you want to be able to work on the lines without taking damage. Leaky MFSUs will be dangerous.

So I'm curious about how chunk loading affects long transmission lines. I'm contemplating building a line in which the generating station would theoretically unload at some point.

I figure I could use multiple spaced out MFEs to provide a segmented line that would eventually deliver power to the end (assuming the chunks are loaded periodically), but is that really necessary?

Do I even need to worry about chunk loading?

By that same argument you might as well use Gold wire and T2 voltage since gold is used in very few recipes. I have stacks of it lying around.

I noticed something odd about my armor I was wearing just now.

For the durability of my armor remaining, it would seem I have a VERY low protection rating. A set of Iron armor would never look like this.

Removing and re-equiping the armor had no effect, but removing the batpack increases the protection rating to a more normal value. Is this intended? Is the batpack supposed to make your armor less effective? From the wiki I just assumed that it would not provide the protection wearing a chest piece would. As it stands, wearing any armor with a batpack is pretty pointless.

EDIT: Additionally, I noticed that charging the batpack increases the protection value. Now I know this has to be a bug.

Charged Batpack:

No Batpack:

Installed Mods:

Modloader.txt: