Posts by MagusUnion

FTB is just bloatware except for the Lite Packs.

Different Moralities, Same IQ

Actually, thorium should produce less power, if you think about it. It's less radioactive than uranium.

Well, part of why that is, is because you have to transmute Th up to Uranium, and then split it. That's why it's argued that it's a much safer energy resource globally, as when you shut off the reactor, you stop the act of transmutation. This kills the heat generation from the reactor via fission...

So yeah, I agree. I'd like Thorium reactors to be a staple in base IC2 and not just GregTech, lol...

you do know that 80% damage defense makes the overworld mobs almost a petty annoyance? PVE balance is hardly IC2's strong point and it's silly to demand fundamental changes that impact every other mod just to accommodate a tier of metal, which is not even it's own ore but a combination of two other very useful metals.

When IC1 was initially updated to Minecraft beta 1.5_01, there were a few bugs that made that version a tab bit unstable. During that time, IC1 was hosted on the official Minecraft forums site. So, in the time between it being posted on the forums and the time that Alba took it down, some users were able to download this version to play with, despite the instability....

I never ran across the game-breaking bugs either, tbh. But I think those were mostly for the 'very primitive' SMP part of the mod...

Buff Diamond armour then

I think that's the best solution. Considering that all non-electric armors can be enchanted, have Bronze take a lower-than-Iron level of enchantability to balance out the durability buff. That way, if you actually have diamonds to use for Nano, or simply want to use non-rechargeable gear of an excellent quality, you'd use Diamond Armor with high level enchants (or Thaumium Armor, if you are using that mod) instead of blowing thru your Cu and Sn reserves...

I see that and that's great, but I was thinking some PR more akin to this example of a mod-maker's facebook page, Sonic Ether.

https://www.facebook.com/SonicEther

Everybody is always up to speed, and there is an open dialogue environment where even the least saavy folks can participate. Nobody ever walks into the place wondering what happened to everybody.

Yeah, I don't think you've noticed or not, but I'm the WORST person you could pick to do PR like you are asking for. I mean, I'm the type of guy who doesn't care about being banned off websites for brash behavior or narcissistic attitude, so I don't think you want me to 'ruin' the image of IC2 "any further"...

In that same token, however, I don't think anyone here really cares for your request, either. It's better for IC2 to keep within the bounds of this forum anyway, as the community can often times act with irrational and ignorant regard to topics that they have little information about. Think of it as a quest for greater knowledge: if they seek more knowledge about IC2 itself, they will come here. Otherwise, they'll homogenize in their modpack community and bitch and moan about how a mod is done a certain way, and how it should be replaced with 'something better'...

Mods aren't developed for the sake of players. They are created because they are fun to maintain and fun to bring into creation. It just so happens that those people are also willing to share their creatons with others as well...

Thankfully I don't need to worry about any job at all :P

lol, Spoiled :P

My workplace is still trying to figure out how they are going to compensate for us taking off a week for Christmas. At least unemployment pay is becoming more of a possibility, but depending the time for filing it, I may not see that check until after New Years. idk tbh...

"If you make any content available on or through our Game, you must give us permission to use, copy, modify and adapt that content. This permission must be irrevocable, and you must also let us permit other people to use, copy, modify and adapt your content. If you don‘t want to give us this permission, do not make content available on or through our Game"

That's the part which all the fuzz was about.

I see. I understand Mojang's point entirely in that regard, but in some respects, that is a tad bit overboard. Proprietary speaking, Mojang does have a final say on mods in terms of Minecraft (since they are, obviously, dependent on their product to work). But still, the community is still left to their own devices in order to create, design, and facilitate distribution of their works to the community.

I would like to see a Minecraft Workshop for mods that you can click and upload/download from in terms of how Mods are handled. Something akin to Steam's Workshop in terms of how custom content can be distributed per user as well. I doubt that Mojang will reach that level of sophistication, however...

I really don't see anything that's a sign to the 'end of IC2' or the 'end of Minecraft Modding'..

I will say, however, we may encounter a race situation on copyrighted content and the defense of said content soon. Since we have so many mods doing the same thing, this is going to be a highly debated issue (one that may, in fact, implode the community), as far as saying "who should have credit for what" and "what content is considered 'original'?"

As far as that goes, I do believe we need to distance ourselves from Modpacks in general, as the resulting Copyright claims will create a new form of legal confusion. Plus, given the fact that neither Alblaka nor Eloraam are around to protect their individual works, making copyright claims on their behalf will be that much harder. I would guess, however, that such distance be used in order to preserve the integrity of this mod, so that violations of this matter don't get haphazardly raised by the uninformed and naive...

This is a good sign as far as getting a more official class of support for Minecraft modding in general, but it's going to hurt, legally, alot of people in the meantime. We'll just have to wait and see how this truly plays out...

Any content you make available on our Game must also be your creation. You must not make any content available, using the Game, that infringes the rights of anyone else. If you post content on our Game, and we get challenged, threatened or sued by someone because the content infringes that persons rights, we may hold you responsible and that means you may have to pay us back for any damage we suffer as a result. Therefore it is really important that you only make content available that you have created and you don‘t do so with any content created by anyone else.

And the war continues....

Incidentally the cable was outside, but the ends of it were inside, where all the cloth had rotted away from a hot, slightly damp contact. Not safe with 240V in a now uninsulated cable :P

Yup, that sounds pretty legit. You have to admit, thought, that's a pretty clever way to take advantage of your environment thought. But it doesn't surprise me that the design falls apart when inside the actual building, lol...

Well, at least it managed to last for about two weeks without catching fire as it was sloooooooowly melting away, giving no smoke, but a terrible smell due the molten plastic/rubber.
    The wires probably were stripped because the rubber melted.

It's a common mistake to strip the wires a tad too much. One of the Hospitals where I live just finished a new expansion to it's facility not too long ago, and they have had a few outlet fires over this simple mistake. Course, when you've got a sub-contractor pulling any smuck off the street, these type of mistakes can crop up continuously from untrained labor

#HireUnionWorkers #IBEW #HigherPriceHigherQuality

I just wonder how desastrous it would be if it had catch fire. I can imagine all the wires melting and "fusing" together, causing a generalized short circuit, burning every electronic thing that were plugged to the network.

Yup, exactly. The resulting heat would have enough to take out the entire box, and possibly run the risk of burning your apartment down. Glad this was an easy catch though....

But it does look like that your electrician will have to rerun those wires in the panel. Idk if your apartment complex keeps building specs on hand, but the next thing will have to be to rerun those circults...

Even if the insulation were just cloth, it wouldn't burn as long it didnt overheat (as it did in my case) as it wouldn't reach temperatures high enough for self-combustion.

Well, he did say that it was in the UK, which is colder and rainy (from what I've heard). The satuation may be what the electricians were relying on to dispell heat off the wires, lol...

It was the Residual Current Device (that big thing that was burned in one of the holes) that was defect and a mistake on the wiring.
    It failed to cut the energy, alongside the two cables shown on the picture being "misconnected" (the two cables were actually on that same burned hole, instead of being separated), according to the electrician. The Residual Current Device, that metal thingy that was also burned which name i don't know and the two wires got replaced. 190 bucks.

Yeah, it did look like it was a piece of shit. Of course, if you strip your wires a bit too much, some of the charge from the wiring will buildup heat and melt the outer casing. However, I don't think it would have melting the casing as quickly had the product been worth a crap...

We had cables in our house, with 240V running through them like all UK live wires do, that were insulated with JUST cloth essentially. We also had a light, with it connected using bell wire, which is low voltage cable designed for door bells. Definitely not lights.

8| How did your house NOT burn down?

Holy Fuck, SpwnX. Was their water/moisture getting into the panel box? It looks like something inside the connection of where the wires meet the circuit breaker burned up, and caused a trip. Can't really tell if that 'something' was of material already built in the panel, or something that managed to get in there. Usually, breakers are rated to tolerate that sort of thing, but idk what the electrical codes are like in Brazil.