Posts by MagusUnion

I am not going to die from bad changes to the mod, but the mod will.

No, it won't. There is no "need" for people to play this mod, only for people to maintain it. Mods "die" when people stop doing updates, not when they stop being "popular".

Such a notion is a flawed concept from modpack creators in order to ensure players use their packs on servers and thru their sponsored launchers. To them, mods are a (foolish) business exercise, not some minor addition to a video game. If they don't have players picking up their packs, then they lose in on the revenue. So of course they are going to attack the mod authors for creating mechanics that players 'don't like'.

So don't delude yourself with the notion that your opinion will help determine if IC2 "lives" or "dies". Unless you are like Player or Greg and are actively updating the code to IC2, then you have no power in determining its longevity. Besides, if you are that disgruntled with the changes, then you always have the option to exchange this mod with something else that bears similar functionality to it...

My definition of God is "what human mind can't understand". And that clearly don't follow any logic, TO US. If it used to be ununderstandable but if we can now understand it with progress and Science, then it's no longer a "god" but a phenomenom, a law, or something defined by physics.

That happens to be my idea as well. If String Theory holds any validity, then I would almost bet that God isn't a 'being', but the highest dimension of all things. From that higher dimension, lower states of existence can come to be. Hence, "God" would be the Source of all that exists, since these dimensional attributes would permeate into all of the lower levels of existence. As such, this would still give God the ability to have omnipotence, but at the same time show that he/she/it is no more special than the rest of us. The Great Cosmic Initiator in which all other forms of existence flows from, as we are but star dust it the vast cosmic stage that is the Universe...

Which in some ways is quite spiritual and humbling. Some may say it's a bit ironic or juxtapose for me to do so, but it does give me a great sense of reverence towards that deity when I think of it this way. I never was a fan of the "old traditional" model of the gods who sat and judged the living with extreme prejudice. Instead, I prefer to see God as something much more interconnected with the fabric of the Universe: something that is just as intertwined with the laws and flow of the Universe as we are, seeing as this is how the Universe is made, and he/she/it allegedly created it this way...

That's why you make it out of wooden sticks and it requires no power to run. ^^

I don't think you quite understand the ideological differences between us and them.

Of course something Tekkit or Modpack related is going to want something easy, or quickly accessible. How do they enjoy modded Minecraft in the first place? They have to go thru a launcher which has all of their configs. and game settings pre-made for them. Of course they want something that they can just plop down and be done. They want the mods to line up in a simple fashion so that it all works together and there are no breaks between the seams...

For us here on IC2 standalone (or GregTech), configurations and designs are much more fluid and selective. There are multiple config. options to buff EU output, and to adjust gameplay styles. The recipes, imo, haven't changed that much (apart from Energy Crystals, and UU-Matter ofc). The same resources from before are just applied a bit differently than previous, and work in such a fashion that isn't similar to how other mods work. That may break synergy with other mods, but fuck them. This is the IC2 forums, this is IC2 we are talking about. Mod design can be done from a stand-alone approach, and it is no 'flaw' or 'short-coming' from the dev team for doing so. It is only that they prefer to approach development in this way, and if that's such a problem, then you are probably just going to have to deal with it...

And now to loop back to my initial post: you can design the mod in a way that the player is pushed by annoying things and tedious tasks to advance and automate this using the mod's tools, which will result in players being initially frustrated, then happy. Or you can design the mod that it is fun right from the start and then gets even better the further you proceed, causing the player to be happy then even more happy while playing. bored after obtaining everything so quickly that he logs off Minecraft to play a different game...

Your vision of game designed couldn't be more flawed. Why do MMO's exist? Because they have a protracted reward system that lasts for nearly months at a time. If you hand the rewards out too quickly, you don't give the player any more incentive to keep playing the game. Once they bull-rush thru the tech and hit 'endgame', they are left with the two choices: do I use this stuff to do something creative, or do I wait till later when I feel like applying some ACTUAL effort in the game?

Most of the time, people will choose the lazy route. Besides, why do anything hard when you just had almost everything handed to you?

What you are really complaining is not difficulty, it is not tedium, it is LAZINESS. It seems you would rather AFK waiting for a ton of refined iron to smelt then go into a mine for 20 seconds extra.

And I think that's the only think left that needs saying. There are those of us who don't want to sit and wait on a BC Quarry or a Mining Turtle for all our resources, and then there are those players who just do. Just because a feature requires more 'effort' (if you can really call it that) than it used to does not mean that said mod became more 'difficult'. It only means that the mod now requires a little more thoughtfulness than before. If that's difficult for you to do, then I'm not quite sure that it's the mod's fault...

Not actually, you can feed multiple machines with one batbox.
    Try this design:
    :LV-Transformer: =Batbox

:LV-Transformer: :LV-Transformer: :LV-Transformer: (etc) :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: [machines]

That solution only works on IC2 builds where the explosion mechanic is disabled. A better solution would be to feed all the Batbox into a LV transformer, and send the output from the transformer to the machines, so that the transformer acts like a regulator of Voltage so that the machines stay at their max threshold without blowing up...

You can zip and share config. files with no legal issues what-so-ever. You can have people simply copy the config settings this way for server owners, and if they are listing mod downloads like they should, it should not be a difficult task to drag and drop an additional folder of .txt files into their Minecraft folder...

Of course, though, you can't exactly control the laziness of others...