Posts by MagusUnion

Therefore, they must

Must? At what point did they agree to do anything for anybody in the community?

Currently, there are no fuels registered for it.

BC Oil is registered
    BC Fuel is registered
    Forestry Biomass is registered
    Forestry Biofuel is registered

I can burn all 4 of those in the semi-fluid generator. And I do think that those fuels are supported because they are easier to balance around for production and power generation than Creosote Oil. Plus, considering creosote oil is mostly a by-product of coal coking, I could see where several exploits could be considered as far as getting more EU output from coal via this process of refining it...

Delete that config. file and re-run Minecraft again. It should generate a fresh version of what the config. file should look like. The one you posted is missing a few ID's of stuff that's in IC2-Ex, and that may be what's throwing the error...

That being said should I ever happen to come across you on a server would you be offended if I asked you for a cup of jaded bees. JK :P

And you should consider asking them to add some Dire Bees and Ichin Bees. That would really set them off. :D

LOL! "Please sir, I want some 'ore?"

It wasn't threatening either :P It was a single point warning telling you to drop the ridiculously stupid argument I told you all to stop talking about already :P

Blame Omicron for that, I was giving him a stout reply...

But seriously, I just think Sengir needs to go to the Winchester, grab a pint, and wait for this whole holiday thing to blow over, lol... :thumbup:

It's not about your opinion. It's about the way you choose to express it. The anonymity of the internet does not legitimate "unacceptable" social behavior; it merely removes consequences.

Buddy, I don't think you know the kinds of people I hang out with on a daily basis between my work and other circumstances. We cut jokes and humorous jabs of a much meaner jib that what you've seen me post so far. I'm not responsible for the lack of skin that users have, so expecting me to "behave myself" because I might step on a fragile feeling or two is not only a tall order, but also an impossibility...

The fact that you seem surprised about negative backlash indicates that you have not understood how this is relevant to online social interactions.

Not really surprise. More of disappointment. The fact that Sengir has to get into such a tiff over a small instance of disapproval just shows how far we've fallen as a community. Used to, mods were simply additions to gameplay that we simply enjoyed. There was none of this idolatry (save for a few mild instances between major updates and new features) over mod authors that has become so prevalent in modpacks for quite some time. In some ways, we've fed a monstrous ego over several developers, thinking that they are god-like in the community. While their creations are indeed impressive, I don't think that they need any kind of "special treatment" in regards to how we talk about mods. The same goes for modpack creators as well. They are all community members who contribute quite a fair share of input on a non-paid basis. And while we do owe them a great deal of respect for putting their hard work into Minecraft, I don't think that we need to sate their egotism in such a way that they are above from being offend at all over simple opinions. Especially over, again, very trite commentary over non-essential features...

Do they hire People to watch every offtopic post in this Forum on the end of the Internet?

I wouldn't say "hire", but I'm sure our activities are monitored out of spite from a particular group...

Edit: Sirius, please don't do the 'threatening PM's'. If you have to address me on something, could you please do it here where it makes sense? Thanks...

Oh! Look! People complaining in the most insulting form possible about the most unimportant mini-easter-egg someone put into his mod for a good friend. Yay!

Sengir, I really didn't think that you were the type of person to get so butthurt over something so trite as an opinion on the internet. It's not like I was calling your mod a piece of shit, or disrespecting your style of code. I was only stating an opinion over a feature I thought was unnessecarry. Course, it is post-holiday time, so I imagine your level of paticence and level headedness has throughly been exhausted. I imagine a good beer is in order?

I really don't understand the animosity over a bee that does nothing special except have a unique name and a different animation.

The fact that you had to create an account on this site just to "defend a feature" only proves how easily you are to provoke when it comes to opinions that are not of any true or dire concern. That was not my intention, and I don't know what member at FTB decided to create drama claiming I was doing so. So just calm down...

And why is there so much flame about a Bee?

Better question is why is it a big deal when someone disagrees with a feature?

Forestry's so called full proof method of only jaded cat being able to get jaded bees is somewhat flawed with MultiMC's offline mode :D

I really do hate such narcissistic features like that. Either code it for everybody, or code it for nobody. Don't do this "selective feature for select person" crap to make individuals unnecessary special...

Course I'm sure it's just another ploy to appease the FTB crowd. :rolleyes:

Pahimar, the mod developer of EE3, did a "Let's Mod" series on Youtube that you can refer from. Gives some good advice on what to do/not do when starting out in modding... I find it pretty helpful for at least sating your interest in the subject, lol...

I'm fairly sure he understands pretty well. Try reading his posts.

I did, he only copy-pasted words that are used in conjunction with modding in general. Nothing showing any tangible comprehension as to how programs are put together, or even how to work in proper Java developer environments....

And this, gentlemen, is an example of someone who doesn't understand how much time and effort it takes to code into Java... *golfclap*...

Someone already made one?

TehKrush did PlasticCraft back in the beta releases of Minecraft. It was one of two mods that I started with long ago (IC1, of course, being the other mod), and it was actually quite cool. Sadly, TehKrush has abandoned all forms of modding for Minecraft, but I'm sure he wouldn't be terribly upset if some of his old ideas were reused in some fashion or another...

The "packet" system will return, in a different form, the current E-Net is still borked up on how to simulate "packets", that's why explosions and cable frying are temporarily disabled.

If we do, I'd like to see them set as a particular rate that is specific type of energy generation transmitting down the cable line. A "real" current/amp system that simulates how current is generated from point A to point B. That way, the rate at which packets are generated could reflect the level of power produced...

It appears to be an overriding setting in the coth config. Everything in IC2 is properly Ore Registered to work with other mods. Now, if TE stuff is registered properly, then that's a question you'll have to pitch at them...