Posts by mrgreaper

So what can be the Id block between server / client are different...
    Otherwise PM me your server and when you're there and I watch it I live in times ..

double checked ids of client and server they all match
    tried to give myself a forcefield block and got this error

im guessing thats normal though as the block is not a block persay?

our server is open to all but its heaverly modded and forcefields are restricted at mo due to the crash bug with area forcefields over 20 ..and the fact were not getting the fields generated
    how ever to explain exactly what happens:

i place a hv solar panal then a mfsu
    mfsu starts to charge
    cable from mfsu to eu injector
    mffs generator core on top of the injector
    lever on side of mffs generator core
    flick lever injector core lights up and starts taking power

went 2 blocks away placed area forcefiled
    inserted blank card into generator it got the yellow blob
    inserted it into area generator this then got linked to the generator
    placed lever on the side of the area projector
    flicked lever black circles turned to blue ..but no force field is generated

repeated exactly the same procedure on single player and forcefield worked

i love the look of this mod its brilliant, just need to figure out why it wont work lol, theory over at mcportcentral is the actual port may be bugged but there are posts a few pages back with more people having the same issue
    i tried with no plugins,
    i tried with ic2 1.70b
    i tried with 1c2 1.71
    i even tried a fresh install

***side note***
    when the force field is turned off it removes a lever i placed where the forcefield should go (doesnt remove it when the forcefield is turned on...dont know if that helps diagnose where the issue is?

hi im on beta 5 (cant find the link to the smp version of beta 6) but got a major bug, it has been reported back a few pages but there was no reply so im guessing it slipped notice, basicly in smp the forcefields do not work, they take power they light up they do everything to show thier working except actualy generate a forcefield (rather a major hicup in our new planed base defence :) ) in single player they work beautifuly.

thanks for a great looking mod and i cant wait to use it on our server :) (once it works ofcourse lol)

EDIT
    ok several hours passed still cant get them to work :( please help

OK everybody. This is an EXTREMELY buggy beta for SMP, so I will list the bugs here and in the OP:

The containers don't properly update.
    This means that at the moment, the original machines are useless. The Solar Arrays on the other hand produce their power in the tileentity, so they will properly produce power, but only externally, meaning these only work with cables, storage devices, and other machines. They will not, however work with batteries.

If you find any other bugs feel free to post them and I'll look into them.

thank you this will be extremely helpful, we can update to 1.1 just need the bukkit port lol

OK everybody, the new beta is up. Please post all bugs (other than the ones in the OP). SMP in the next ~3 days.

Edit: Should probably post it at some point.

I have my test server fully up to date with all mods and plugins except this, all bugs that have plagued are server are fixed in it. we are awaiting smp (well bukkit port) of this. is there any chance it will be sooner then the 3 days? I hate to say it like that and i dont mean to sound demanding just well its frustrating a little theres nothing i can do, the port for 1.0 caused massive errors when i tested it with 1.1(i expected as much)

Just do what I'm doing, update to 1.1 and just use the normal machines until adv.machines is updated.. works fine if you're starting a new world because itll take time to get what you need for advanced stuff anyway and you can always use the overclockers as a temp solution.

if i mention a new map to my players i would be hung drawn and quartered lol

Were waiting for this to be updated and then ported before we update the server. I dont say this as a please hurry, im fully prepared to wait. What im curoiuse about is worrying me a bit is what will happen to existing items in worlds, the reason we havent updated is we have about 5 hv solar panels in the world, at a high cost to the players (no debate about that im fine with them and thier cost, perfect balance) if we update now we lose them, but if the remake of this mod will lose them anyway i would much rather know that in advance and update our server while i have free time and then re-add your mod when available

so i guess what im asking is, will this effect already made hv/mv/lv solar panels.