Posts by skeptikos

I could support this easily, but like Al has said, he won't do wireless EU. The only way that this COULD come to fruition is if someone took it upon themselves to create an addon with this mechanic (which I wouldn't be against in the slightest (I'm well aware of the Wireless EU addon by pwnedgod))

I could imagine this using a tesla coil, a freq transmitter, and maybe... something else for the wardenclyffe module. Not sure about the reciever though. I can imagine iridium being used though.

Would be really wireless redstone like if it was existent that's for sure lol, yea iridium would be a good idea because it isn't used for anything machine related yet

This idea isn't listed on the compendium and contains a more refined approach from MY original posts. I accidently copy/pasted my own post a few days ago from the archive not knowing it was moved there from a mod.

[Wardenclyffe Module]

Inspiration for idea <-- click here!

Clyffe Receivers tuned to a numerical frequency accept power from a Wardenclyffe Module. The Wardenclyffe Module is powered only by the entire side of an MFS Unit and consumes required + 6.7% + .050 x block distance to broadcast the signal. A maximum of (1+ upgrade) Receivers can be attached maxed at 3. Distance is negotiable for SMP efficiency.

- Wardenclyffe Module -

1) Outputs 512 EU
    2) Uses entire output of MFS Unit
    3) Broadcasts power to a manually set frequency at required + 6.7% + .050 x number of blocks
    4) 1 Clyffe Receiver can connect (upgradable to 3)
    5) Distance negotiable for SMP
    6) Expensive

edit:

7) Powers on Luminators that are tuned to the same frequency.

- Clyffe Receivers -

1) Inputs 512 EU / Outputs 512 EU
    2) Tunable to a numerical frequency
    3) Can connect to transformers
    4) Must match the Wardenclyffe Module Frequency to get power
    5) Using improper voltage has a familiar consequence
    6) Dim light indicating if it is getting power or not

- Clyffe Boosters -

1) Extends units able to connect to Wardenclyffe module by 5
    2) Expensive

Visually: (powering a lava pump from ground level)

- = cobblestone
    {^} = Wardenclyffe Module
    [o] = MSFU
    O = Clyffe receiver
    {M} = mv transformer
    {L} = lv transformer
    {P} = pump
    ~ = Lava

--- [o]{^} ---
    ---------------
    --O{M}{L}{P}
    ------------~~~

This is an open idea and I would love to hear thoughts on this, if there is something wrong with the post that I can alter let me know. I'm trying to help, thank you.

I've suggested an idea similar to this, 80% damage reduction is like a full set of diamond armor at max durability. I feel all that compressed into one piece of unbreakable armor is quite reasonable as I run an SMP server myself and I feel options are very important. The other pieces seemingly add armor as well so that's something to take into account.

The issue there would be if the other pieces add armor why even bother going for quantum chest?

possible solutions given other pieces add armor:
    - add EU charge with durability instead of 100% less damage?
    - remove damage reduction on other items

If you run a bukkit server look into a permissions based plugin like PermissionsEx or a mod that prevents crafting items like Disablecraft.
    For now I have quantum chest/nano chest + quantum legs disabled and keep the helmet and boots. On hardmode in nether I wasn't swiming in lava anymore that's for sure hehe. I still took a lot less damage though :)

hehe it wouldn't work like that. It's simply an mfsu and a block input.

MFSU + module - receiver - MV transformer - LV transformer- cable - machine

Visually...

/ = cobblestone
    [] = MFSU+ wardenclyffe
    O = receiver
    {M} = mv transformer
    {L} = lv transformer
    {P} = pump
    ~ = Lava

//// [] /////
    ///////////
    ///////////
    ///////////
    /O-{M}{L}{P}
    ////////~~~~

You had enough time to fulfill the requirement for a new Suggestionthread, but you didn't so you deserve that your Thread moves to Archive AGAIN.

PS. since i know that this new Rule is here, i'm looking very often at the Archive to see how many people are not reading the rules.

PPS. the new rule was added in an outdated Thread, without some notice about that addition, so i've not looked at it and even one of my Threads got moved to Archive, because of that.

I'll give it looking into, I'm just trying to contribute. I deleted the post. Thanks.

Nice lie brosky, you can't post nor comment on threads in the archive, nor making new threads in it.

It was moved swiftly after being posted then -- I figured I posted it in the wrong section. I wasn't informed it was moved either until now .. Should I re edit this post excluding wireless power?

My server is interested in 1.2.3 but wouldn't like to wait too long for an update, is there a way to generate the blocks for the world for us to gather (tin copper uranium rubber trees) but not allow any other features so at least the map is 1.2.3 generated?

Minecraft 1.1 and Industrial Craft 1.64, the world was created with the modified server jar, is this a mistake? It may be worth noting that my Fraps wasn't working at the time but bedrock was missing / replaced as well. A non admin would be able to fall through the void! I am going to do a small test later today where I'll generate another world with the same seed and check the location where this...manifestation occurred and see if it re occurs. I appreciate the responses

No, the only mod I am using is Industrial Craft. I haven't seen anything like this again the only thing that has came close to it would be fence post floating in mid air crossing a ravine, possibly a mineshaft gen on top of a ravine gen. I did recently move the server directory using copy, is there a chance that something got messy after the copy?