Posts by RockRaiderZulu

Well, I calculated this by assuming 1kw of light energy is what falls onto a square meter in MC from the sun and assuming an overall efficiency of 19.99%.

1EU/t = 121.8140625 watts Whoops Watts is J/s, not J/(s/20) 6.090703125 is the correct value.

I'll do it again using a different, likely better suited value as the power of sunlight (750 watts per meter squared).

A more likely value: 91.360546875 watts in an EU/s or 4.56802734375 Joules per tick = 1EU/t
    looks a lot like a calorie (the proper one, the one defined as the amount of energy required to heat one gram of water by one kelvin)

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…spcfiwdd26dn6m9xbmjveymf4

Not the one I THOUGHT I had posted above, but performs the same trades tin and iron for copper, gold, diamonds, rubber, and I think glass. I'll keep trying to recover the one I should have posted, but didn't.

Okay, here the one I think I tried before, thus giving my previous post here purpose:
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…qtv2cx7on0na8pjckt54ooz5s

And it looks like that is about as cheap as it will get without going SUC(ks for purposes). :Extractor:

Actually, I can't get SUC to work for this. Nevermined, I just did, and it costs more for EVERYTHING but uranium and glowstone.

A three chamber MK1 that puts out 140 EU/t for eight cells.

80 tin, 88 redstone, 48 glass, 199 rubber, 22 gold, 195 iron, 8 diamonds, 2 glowstone, 2 ll, and an uncertain amount of copper (the planner says 388) goes into this unit. I'll keep tinkering around as I need compact HV MkI units.

Right now , I might end up with 72 of these for what I am trying to do with them.

I have actually explored on how small a reactor can be, an I have found that yes, you can fit a plutonium based core into a 1x1x1 meter space. I base this on criticality experiments that used a plutonium core from an early implosion nuclear explosive device. The challenge will be getting the other components to fit, plus shielding. I was (and still am) planning to determine the thermal power in watts of our well behaved nukes and use that to get a handle on how many energy units are in a joule so a Bluetricity to EU converter can be made. I'll have to do some poking around to see if I can find some compact steam generators, turbines, and alternators (and their efficiencies) and find some good themal power functions for natural, reactor grade, and HE uranium and its many compounds.

Very interesting designs, taral. Unorthodox, compact and effective.

As for RockRaiderZulu's "Quadrants", by most standards of reactor building (better effectivity, less construction price) they are a failure. But may be they were built with something other in mind - like "how many diamonds can we fit into reactor hull?". Then they are quite good.

They were built with operating costs, stability, and effective lifespan in mind. If it is build cost that you are worried about, then looking elsewhere is advised. As of right now, they are the only purpose built hybrids that guaranty that more fuel is made than burned.

So now the Quadrant Tribe has a rival. Anyways, I will see what I can do with them.

If by some miracle you manage to hire everyone on a very large sever to man coalgens, then you will have a very powerful and cheap setup that will never run out of fuel. Or you could use Forestry, BC, and RP to make a coal fired plant.

Well, another obstacle is the terrain is not very conducive to either as I am a hill that has a lot of ice and I burn through charcoal like crazy for torches, so I have trees planted every where I can get the wood, apples, and saplings without killing myself from cliff diving. It does not help that the terrain generator spammed (and I mean spammed) Elloram's volcanoes everywhere. I also updated the OP.

Just checked, the arrays are not affected by snow. And with the 36 extra piles, I would only need 4HV, an MV and 5LV arrays fill in for the baseload. That said, I did find out from my last world that would it take more than double that due to night and weather.

I am surprised that no one has asked why I need such a power house or commented on the sheer amount of reactors planned.

This may seem easy, but it is not. That 10253 is my baseline load, meaning the generator must run nonstop. That rules out a nuclear piles above MK1, generators, too-high windmills, water mills, and geothermal. I have a very limited space to fit it in piles, two 9x6x3 blocks, which rules out me adding containments and thus rules out SUC based systems.

And before you say solar or wind, Snow is likely to collect upon the arrays and wind lacks the density to prevent losses related to transmission (solar has a similar problem, but is a little less with HV arrays).

I did get a setup of 72 nuclear piles (18 Quadrant V Mod 0 hybrid breeders and 54 two chamber MK1 generators) that could manage a little over half of what I need, but I would likely need cables to carry a redstone signal to make it practical. (I saw this suggestion earlier today, but did not see a real use until now.)

Edit: I would be able to access the piles from below through the cables it looks like.

Now the set up has 54 breeders and 54 generators. Good thing I have other ways of getting the materials, otherwise I would be in some serious trouble.