Posts by narc

There's a big culture of "NO" surrounding IC2 suggestions. I can't remember the last time a suggestion was used, implemented, or even considered. That is obviously because IC2 is perfect, and needs exactly zero improvements!

I don't see anyone saying "NO" to this suggestion, the only statement made was "it doesn't really do anything other than add a little convenience", which is true. I also think it would be a good idea, since convenience is a good thing. It's also really easy to implement, since it's just an extension of existing shift-click functionality (I've implemented something like this, I know how it's done).

Now as for the "culture of NO" in general, a lot of the suggestions I see made are either not well thought out, or they don't really fit, and considering how often some of them are repeated, I see why the regulars around here would get a little tired of saying "already suggested and denied" or words to that effect. I haven't really seen one good machine idea in ages (here's one: electric liquid transposer. Because only Forestry and Thermal Expansion have them so far). I haven't seen any good crop ideas or booze ideas (although I have to admit I'd just ignore them anyway, since I don't really play with those parts of IC2). IC2 addons already cover a *lot* of the possible suggestion space.

...Honestly, what do you want? Industrial potions? Metal shavings bench? A space dimension? Colored luminators? Tell me honestly and objectively that none of these sound useless (or, in one case, absolutely impossible with the current Minecraft engine) and I might consider your points.

Shift-clicking is supposed to makes you spend less time placing items ... do you really spend hours placing upgrades ? I guess not. So it's not bad, but I don't see the interest of it.

Don't be silly, it's a 5 minute implementation. If it saves 60 people 5 seconds, it's paid itself back in full.

Ah-ha! Buildcraft recently had a commit that moved all the block and item IDs around -- the old (unshifted) oil bucket ID was 3807, which, when shifted, gives us... 4063. The new default item IDs are all in the 19100s, so it may be worth going into buildcraft/base.conf and replacing all the 38xxs with 191xxs. You're likely to have other similar conflicts with everything else up to block ID 4095.

I think I've played a mod that had this, only without the HUD indicator. I don't recall what the mod was called, though. Either way, it was irritating to deal with the weather effects so I ended up just turning them off.

The crop sticks are a block whose default block ID is 218, but recent Forge forces things to get out of the <256 range. You'll find them in IC2.cfg at I:blockCrop in the block {} section.

And yes, the first one is a known issue, will be fixed in the next beta.

That was the way I was leaning, as well, so that's what I did. And then I added a couple of other things and called it a release -- that's right, 0.7.6 is now available.

Aside from the aforementioned Liquid Transposer change, you should also find SeedManager's Seed Analyzer won't be quite so cheaty when used with an accelerator anymore (as soon as SeedManager updates, which shouldn't be long now). Also, you can now find the accelerator and canned UU in the Creative inventory.

Edit: Yeah, oops, I left some debugging info in there. I'll update and upload 0.7.6b in a moment.

Later edit: There we go. 0.7.6b, now with 100% less console spam.

Looks like you could use another person to stay on top of the bug tracker for you. I can volunteer my time for that.

- Name: Narc
    - MC-Forum Nick / IC-Forum Nick / Minecraft Acountname (preferable all of them): none / that one on the left / narc0tiq
    - Timezone you're living in: GMT +0200
    - The position you want to take: Like I said, I could be a bug wrangler. You seem to need one.
    - Previous experience on the position mentioned above? Three and a half years of working in an environment primarily driven by an issue tracker. I know what makes a good bug report, what additional information is commonly needed. Hell, I develop and co-develop Forge mods nowadays, so I even know what kind of information I'd need to debug one of those.

You know, there's a difference between "support" and "do my work for me". There's this wonderful tool called Google. Go have fun with it.

Ah, well, that would've been back in... 1.2.5? Maybe before that? You're talking several months ago, at least. A lot has changed since, among them the fact that CraftBukkit doesn't seem to be keeping up too well. Forge and vanilla have instead taken some steps towards becoming more useful by themselves -- you can judge for yourself how much so given that there's still nothing like LogBlock that I know of, but I think a large part of what bukkit addons could do have Forge equivalents.

Jar and zip are mostly interchangeable terms around Minecraft, since a jar is literally just a zip with a little bit of meta-data tacked on that Java knows how to look for.

I doubt anyone in this forum will be able to help you with bukkit, we don't really speak it and it's not officially supported by IC2 proper.

Did you forget to have minecraft_server.jar in the same folder as the forge jar? Are you running the wrong thing? I really don't have the information to help you here.

On the server it's even simpler -- put the minecraftforge-universal zip in the same directory as minecraft_server.jar and run it instead of the jar. No need to mess around with 7zip at all.

Okay, so, there's two choices with the TE API as it is: either you get the cell when you liquid-transpose matter, or you can't liquid-transpose matter at all.

There's also, of course, the option of giving you a crafting recipe to plug matter into a cell and get a matter cell, but this sounds like extra work for no apparent reason.

Personally, I don't really care one way or the other on the first two, and I don't really want the last option (it overcomplicates working with liquid UU). So while I could take the decision myself and just live with it, I'd rather ask: which would you prefer?