Posts by narc

Not sure filters would be all that useful on the outputs from the recyclers -- they're only generating one scrap per eight cycles, after all. Depends on use, I guess.

Cables really won't matter at this length, and with the batbox swapped for an LV transformer will actually feed all 512 EU/t to the fabber.

Hmm... All generators can be configured to generate zero power, you should check if your IC2.cfg isn't set to have energyGeneratorSolar=0. If my IC2.cfg is still default there, it should be =100.

So? If he can make an argument that he isn't a Goonswarm member, then ok, I can leave that point alone..

ANY thing else?

I have to wonder why you brought it up in the first place. What does it matter if anyone at all is a member of SomethingAwful, or regularly visits 4chan/b/, or reddit, or whatever? The only thing SA membership means is they paid money to post on a forum, which consequently makes them somewhat more closed off to outsiders than most people.

As to the rest, have at it -- I refuse to get involved on either side of a Technic "debate".

[...]I'm accusing you[...]

I generally don't go for rules lawyering, but maybe it should've occured to you that you're being rude and jumping to assumptions somewhere around typing the part I just quoted. I accuse you of being impolite, sir (and possibly provoking others into forcefully disagreeing with you, otherwise known as "baiting"). What is your response?

If you're feeding the Mass Fab using direct HV or via transformers, it receives a full 512 EU/t. If you're using a Batbox, it'll only be receiving 32 EU/t (likewise, an MFE will limit current to 128 EU/t). This can be useful knowledge if you ever want to limit the current going to the mass fab.

Same for other machines capable of accepting MV or HV (natively or through upgrades), obviously changing 512 EU/t to 128 EU/t in the case of MV.

I thought the bias for wooden hoes was tradition -- it's been around since IC1, if memory serves. Nothing quite as useless as a wooden hoe.

Speaking of useless, why do you care what wooden tools you get out of a scrapbox? They're just there so you can cuss that you didn't get a diamond something useful.

Call them focus lenses or something, give them different effects by type of lens and by tool (e.g. slower drill but more energy-efficient, shorter range laser but has a (say, 1%) chance to drop an extra ore once in a while). Could even replace the current mode-switching system with these lenses, and have them run out after a number of uses, giving us another resource sink. I'm... okay with this.

I voted Redpower, but my real recommendation would be a combination of Logistic Pipes and local Redpower systems when dropping items on the floor just isn't an option. They work together quite reasonably.

Obviously, this only applies for single-player -- Logistic Pipes don't exist for SMP (yet).

Further note that newer Forges don't require Modloader anymore, and the latest Forge includes a 4096 fix, as well -- so that's two more things you won't need to mess around with. I'm not sure about the rest of your mod list, but it would potentially mean you will only need to throw Forge into minecraft.jar.

I think I skipped over 3.2.4, but I've got Forge 3.3.7.135 working just fine with a similar set of mods (as in, I'm missing the 4096 fix and Steve's Carts from this list). Also, didn't I hear Forge is including a version of the 4096 fix? Though honestly, I've yet to run through 256 block IDs. Getting close, but not quite there yet.

Spoilered a piece of my last forge modloader log below, so you can compare mod list: