Posts by jppk1

Test results: a fully charged electric jetpack has enough power for over 6 minutes of flight(I had the jetpack in hover mode). Being/not being in hover mode doesn't does seem to affect the flight duration, and not continuously pressing spacebar, as in normal use, would of course make you able to fly for a even longer time without recharging the jetpack.

I see little to no point in making a new item with 25-times the flight time of the normal (electric) jetpack, as you can fly a nice five minutes with it without a recharge. The new modes you suggested seem awesome though, so maybe it is worth implementing as long as the horizontal mode is slower than quantum legs, as 50 minutes midair in "quantum speed" seems to make the leggings rather useless as the jetpack is a lot cheaper and also allows you to fly(duh, jetpack...who would have guessed). A more reasonable flight time for the adv. electric jetpack with the modes would be max 15 minutes so that uses way more energy than the legs.

So basically industrial diamonds are discontinued? I didn't know that. Well - in that case you're right, this tweak is absolute bullshit then. :/

He said that the industrial diamond recipe used to make an item called the industrial diamonds, which looked like :Industrial Diamond: . If you look closely it looks a little different than a vanilla diamond. A few versions ago it was changed to make normal diamonds instead, which can be used in other mods as well, as well as in vanilla armor. It's still there.

I just found IC2 and the wonders it holds, and began thinking "man I freaking love fusion power, I wonder..." and found this mod. I have a question about being able to add Rocket Science to IC2 and being able to keep my old world. I put a lot of time into my nuclear power plant and fairly sprawling workshop and transformer substations and I really don't want to lose those. Being able to decommission my constantly angry NPP and move into the ~FUUUUUTUUURE~ with fusion would rock so hard. Sorry if this had just been asked and I missed it!

It should work with an existing world if you get your block IDs right, but I have had some weird bugs with chunk resets and with some of the missiles f.e. them getting stuck at the old max height of 128, which forced me to load an older save. If you really want to get it, backup your .minecraft somewhere and then install it, but I would recommend what RealEyesRealLies said, the APS mod is much more stabile and the tokamak is awesome, although really expensive to build.

Ice only cost 1 EMC. As such, one stack of obsidian would translte into 64 STACKS of ice. Alternativly to make your system fully automatic

Energy Collector (any rating over a mark 1 is overkill) and an energy condenser. Wooden pipe and any kind of engine (I reccomend combustion as it moves whole stacks at a time) and pipe that ice into the reactor. Keep in mind, a reactor chamber won't accept stuff piped into it. It won't hook up so you can only have a 5 chamber design. aside from that, just let it sit and watch her go. Infinity ice until you run out of fuel. or if you use redstone engines, you'll never run out.

Fail,fail and fail. You're posting on a two weeks old thread with wrong information. If using EE you will need atleast a mark III energy collector to generate 7 ice blocks per second which the best design needs.
    There is no need to use pipes and engines, just use a redpower filter+timer+tube combo next to the reactor and it will have no overflow and it will lag considerably less than a BC variant. Reactor chambers have been accepting items from pipes and tubes since IC2 1.81, so that is wrong too. And what is the idea of converting obsidian into ice as you can use any other material which isn't a pain to mine?

Try reinstalling.
    Delete and possibly backup your .minecraft, then install modloader into the jar, forge into the jar(I heavily recommend 3.2.3.105, it seems to work the best), and NEI and then codechickencore to the jar. Run minecraft once to make sure it works and for the mods folder to generate. After that close it and put all the mods into the mods folder. Run minecraft again for the configs, it should crash with an id error, and then manually assign all the block IDs, starting from 255 and working your way downwards. Your minecraft should work after that.
    Hypnotoad got the rotary macerator, centrifuge extractor and singularity compressor from the advanced machines IC2 addon, look at the addons section of the forum for it. There are two versions, he is using the Advanced machines 4.0.
    Also if you are trying to install IC2 1.95, download the new 1.95b, it fixes a few things(not your crash).

When you deactivate a reactor with redstone it stops the uranium in the reactor from producing power and heat. All of the cooling, both from cooling cells and reactor plating, as well as water/air outside of the still keeps cooling the reactor during that time. The enviromental effects still apply even if the reactor is turned off if sufficent heat level has been reached. The reactor can destroy the redstone/redstone torch/lever which is keeping the reactor off if it is at over 85% heat(already at 40% if the redstone is on flammable blocks).

Because you put down a nuclear reactor which is not difficult to build, you put in a uranium cells which are not hard to make, and you are set for energy for the rest of your minecraftian days.

With this change you need to use MFE's as a EU buffering system which takes up space. Plus crafting the additional components will take up space in the reactor if you want a steady current if your reaching your cables limits, because remember if your EU fluctuates above your cable capacity BOOM your cable melts.

Since when has it been difficult to build a MV- or LV-transformer? Your whole change would only change that you would need to build a transformer for each reactor and that reactors would be nerfed to generate about 50-90% of power that they generate now. Admit that you only want to nerf casucs!

For macerators, extractors,(induction) furnaces and compressors, the raw materials go in from the top of the machine and the end products come out from any of the four sides. The bottom is for the battery slot. Same for buildcraft.
    My personal preference is a chest connected to a retriver with tubes, and the items(ores) the retriever fetches from the chest are filtered out into five filters that input items into macerators with 5+ overclockers, from which the dusts then get smelted by three induction furnaces, finally being transported into one of my storage chests.

Thanks for the reply's, I'm just trying to create a safe nuclear reactor...
    Could someone lead me to a good, safe design that produces lots of energy?

With ice:
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…mnlwhut4uhj41g5ma3nr1rxog
    With buckets:
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…mnlwyjnqi3fznqojhnd2nc7k0
    Keep in mind that you need two HV-transformers for reactors that produce 2048+ EU/t