Posts by CrafterOfMines57

1 suggestion: You should probably use Forge instead of Modloader if you are trying to integrate with IC2.

1 question: What exactly are you trying to do? Are you trying to make a new generator or add a fuel value to an existing one?

WTF RichardG? Are you ashamed or something? Are you afraid of your own words? Pre-planning or not, 6 months ago or not... it's still the direction that you were headed and the direction that it took other people to steer you away from. The fact that you run from your own words and actions shows shame. It's the direction that YOU wanted to take and it shows your intent.

Quote from The Original Technic Pack Readme

I did not get permission from anyone and I didn't even bother asking. The Minecraft modding community is terrible and the egos some of the modders themselves have is incredibly terrible. I simply made this pack because I love these mods and want other people to experience them as well with as little work on their part as possible.

If you want to yell at people for their intended actions about a year ago, the technic team is a great place to start!

Honestly wish I hadn't ever said anything. In the beginning it was just a small issue that got blown out of proportion by over-defensive fanboys. Now it feel like I opened a closet and got buried under a pile of skeletons. For me this all started because I was on the bug tracker and saw a bug report about a server that undeservedly found itself on the blacklist. Over-defensive of the devs and overzealous in their dislike for all things tekkit they harassed the OP for 2... 3? pages before anything happened.

Yes, that happened, yeah, it was uncalled for, but I don't see how this is relevant to this thread.

Anyway... seeing that IC2 had a blacklist, I was like 'What's it take to end up on that? Did IC2's mod pack requirements change?' Nope not really... But while looking round I saw some theoretical weaknesses had been introduced with no notification... Really... just a small gripe. Made a quick comment about it's lameness and out come the wolves that can't stand the idea that someone would have the audacity to question the Great and All-Powerful Mod Developer.

Welcome to the Minecraft modding community, where there are two sides to every issue, and absolutely no gray area.

Long story short... defend my views, come to find out that my doomsday theories are a bit closer to reality than I initially realized...

I don't know about that, there's been a lot of drama throughout modded Minecraft's history, the community has survived one way or another.

If unauthorized mod pack usage is really that grave of a concern then you're going to have to be more creative and have more conviction than has been shown. Tekkit users had their worlds exploded by unauthorized usage and barely cared, what difference is a 3 second line of nag text in an otherwise fully functional package really going to accomplish?

Barely cared? Are you sure about that? It was like one or two species of bees that caused minor explosions and everybody was like "MA WURLD'S BEEN GRIEFED!", Sengir is still hated in the Technic community. I'm pretty certain that modders generally prefer to avoid unnecessary drama, the amount of backlash the actions you are advocating here would be immense for a mod that has been around as long as IC2 compared to just a simple blacklist that could be avoided with 5 seconds of reading before clicking the download button.

Assuming that log is real, I feel like I should probably care, however having never used technic, I sort of don't, but watch out guys IC2 could have your username!

EDIT: Isn't that log pretty old? If I'm not mistaken 4/11/2012 would seem to indicate either it's almost a year old or at least 4 months, anything RichardG would have done with regards to *gasp* username obtaining would have already either been done or not done.

Difficult to dodge blacklist my ass. The Technic Platform has an option to force users to install a modpack to a different directory when it's downloaded. Every single one of those packs that are blacklisted employ this method of getting around the blacklist. This isn't about the blacklist. This is about IC2 grabbing files off the internet that could be easily hardcoded into the mod, or be given a config option to turn off.

Okay yeah, that was poor wording on my part, although you have to admit it would be effective if the Technic team hadn't so kindly introduced that ability into Platform.

As far as I know, the capes were made by RichardG. RichardG, also made the Blacklist. But RichardG did not made <Usefull Feature>.

Actually I think he might have, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…L-CDZI&feature=youtu.be&a I believe his icon comes in at about 2:37 so he has been working on it for over a year.

Using Greg's method of turning off my internet after logging in, with IC2 still installed, it shaved about 10 seconds off my FML startup time. That means that it takes 10 seconds for it to grab a file, that is used to give people capes.

Come to think of it... That was a simpler solution, but it is not only a cape list, it is also intended as a difficult to dodge blacklist as well.

Doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. I can say for a fact that without IC2 installed, about 30 seconds are shaved off of my FML setup time.

Unless you decompile IC2, rip out the cape code, and then test them side by side, I'm inclined to believe the 30 seconds is just normal IC2 loading time.