Posts by Dj_777

Viper, you may be onto something...

What about crafting something like this:

MinecraftZombie MinecraftZombie MinecraftZombie

MinecraftZombie :Compressed Plantball: MinecraftZombie

MinecraftZombie MinecraftZombie MinecraftZombie

Resulting in 4 bio-clumps. Each bio-clump must be dried out, and then macerated to become fertilizer. So in all in all, you'd need 4* saplings , or 8 cacti, or 8 sugarcane, along with 8 rotten flesh, and some electricity, and you have 4 fertilizer.

*(Well, effectively 4, but actually 8, with one plantball to spare... So I'm calling it 4.)

What about heat-sink blocks for reactors? Usable to prevent a Condensator-based reactor from going critical while Condensators are being recharged, albeit at a (nominal) power cost. The more heat dispersed, the more power consumed. Unfortunately trying to cool a max-power reactor will actually take more power than what is produced.

Ex: This reactor would use 9.5k EU/tick to cool itself without any condensators in it. So they are by no means an end-all solution to planning a reactor. But they can take up slack while replacing components.

In regard to the Magnetizer-only parts, I largely agree, although the minecart attached to it seems a tad esoteric. And in regards to the Magnetizer-minecart-accelerator, are you saying basically 'use the magnetizer like an Aircraft Carrier's catapults'? If so, I 100% support this. That's something that, while potentially OP, could be massive fun.

Although I'm looking forward to making current reactors more fun and challenging, let's not downgrade to water cooling again. Water should be there, but only to be turned in to steam.

Please bear in mind that there are actual water-based cooling systems in use... Although the coolant is used to heat the water for steam, and it's role in cooling the reactor is a simple convenience. I think it's called a double-loop system or something like that...

This is a valid point... Why should the laser drain while in Creative, although there is the small problem that this is only a slight issue, most likely not getting Dev attention...

Chainsaw: Entry. (I use it for cutting down doors. And walls. And hedges. Basically everything. Esp. with Efficieny IV.) Blood Spiller.
    Mining Laser: Scattershot. Sniper. IMS. (Industrial Molecule Stripper, if you get the reference you deserve a cookie.)
    Q-Suit: Nuke-walker ____. (Head, body, etc.) Tank-suit ____. Last Man's Calm.
    Nano-saber: The Equalizer. Soul Cleaver. (I had Soul Shards, and some Soul Stealer books...)
    Mining Drill/Diamond Drill: The Beast.
    Dyn-O-Mote: Miner's Best Friend.
    Nuke: SCIENCE!
    Sticky Dynamite: GET IT OFF OF ME!!!

---
    "Why is IC2 not updated yet?"
    "Don't know. Don't care."
    "HERETIC!!! You must die in the name of Eloraam!"
    "*Facepalm* Wrong modder, noob."
    "WHAT DID YOU CALL ME?!?"
    "I called you a noob, you noob."
    *Ragequit*
    ---
    "What is this 'lag' you speak of?"
    "Is this your first time playing Minecraft with mods?"
    "Yes."
    *Multi-nuclear meltdown*
    "OH GOD, WHY IS MY COMPUTER SLOWING DOWN? IS IT BROKEN?! DID I JUST BREAK MY SOFTWARE? WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!?"
    "Lag."
    ---
    "Is this the testing site?"
    "No. This is the command center..."
    "Erm... I may have already activated a nuke while you were talking..."
    "Argh... I hate noobs."

*uses Hoe of Growth with Repair enchantment*

What's Bonemeal?
    Ca10(PO4)6OH2 ?

This just made me realize that I've never used Thaumcraft... But not the point. I made this suggestion based on pure IC2, as of the major tech mods, only this & Forestry would have this sort of content/fix. I chose IC2 as there is a generous amount of feedback. Feedback=improved idea. Hopefully.

I propose making fertilizer act like bonemeal did pre-1.5... As the current system of 3+ for one wheat, while 2 is enough for a giant tree, is ridiculous. Plus IC2 fertilizer would likely have more nutrients, as it consists of half bonemeal, and half ground matter rocks or wood. It makes sense that it would be better, doesn't it?

Mojang really made a mess of this... Hardcore is already bad enough with armored & armed mobs, but this?!? This is unnecessary...

The Hazard Suit is an overall sub-par armor, but grants full immunity to shock, fire, acid, radiation and as well lava (and as well drowning and fall damage, with boots/helmet respectively).
    On the other hand, the suit will be torn apart quickly if you use it for casual mob-fighting.

Acid?! Is that something planned, or is that a random example? Everything else already is present in vanilla or IC2, but acid? Again, what?!

I ended up thinking on what you (Greg) said about my error, and with it being about 3:00 AM, it took me about 30 minutes to figure it out... Just delete the config, I mean, I already wrote off the only world with the current config's IDs, so no loss there.

That means that crashing somehow screwed up my config... Is that even possible normally? Or am I an idiot for somehow doing that?

I reported a bug about 10 pages back & I've come to a couple of conclusions:

1. I may be an idiot, because I don't understand how I did this...
    2. Somehow by crashing from lack of RAM, I made my minecraft folder incapable of supporting Gregtech... (I'm not sure if that's possible, or if it is, what that would entail, but I'm impressed by my own incompetence...)
    3. I'm gonna lose my survival world with 3 diamond chests of ores & stuff.
    4. Java & old computers both suck.

Edit:

I've gotten the same error on a completely fresh install... Wtf? Do I just fail that much?

Now I'm concerned, a backup jar that worked perfectly with my modset is now not working after being stored & untouched after being created. I used the exact same mods for my main jar which I think I accidentally broke when I closed it out the last time. And my backup is now broke without ever being used after testing... I'm really confused as to how I broke my minecraft...

You recently updated Forge to a latest Version, right? Thats definetly a Forge Bug, as I give 100% valid parameters to the Configuration File System of Forge.

It had been about 2 weeks since my last update, and I hadn't added any new mods or anything, all that happened was one of my 'Out of memory' crashes, then I restart & that happens.

I'm going to rebuild my jar, and see if that works...

Edit:
    Crap, didn't work, going to backdate as far as I know is workable with my modset... 507 looks like the earliest I can use.

Edit2:
    Nope, 516 is the earliest I can use.