EU Requirements in Machine GUI's

• Here's a super simple suggestion: show the EU requirement/maximum numbers in the GUI's of the various machines. Every time I go to use one I haven't done much with I have to go look it up. There have been a couple time when I got it wrong - thinking I had remembered the max number - and ended up destroying a bunch of stuff. The last time it happened was because I tried to hook up a recycler and a mass fabricator on the same line (I'm not sure that it makes sense to have separate voltages for these two anyway). Not only did it destroy my recycler, but the explosing took out my mass fabriactor :(

I think it just makes sense to have the numbers available in game. It's not like you would attempt it in real life without knowing, right?

Thanks, and thanks for a great mod.

• But couldn't you just use a texture pack, like edit the GUI to say max EU/t the machine can accept. Also, the Mass Fab has no set voltage maximum, only a soft limit of 1,000,000 EU/t, as it will produce at the maximum rate minecraft can handle.

:Nuke TNT: = Answer to all problems. Including that creeper camping right outside the door of your glass house.

• Official Post

But couldn't you just use a texture pack, like edit the GUI to say max EU/t the machine can accept. Also, the Mass Fab has no set voltage maximum, only a soft limit of 1,000,000 EU/t, as it will produce at the maximum rate minecraft can handle.

Sorry , but i have to correct you a bit =P
    It DOES have a maximum voltage which is 512 EU/p (packet) , but not a EU/t (tick) limit as you said.
    Feed packets bigger than 512 EU and you will get a nice crater in your house.

@op :Machines could have a tooltip displaying the maximum packet size they accept (without upgrades) as GregTech machines does.

• @op :Machines could have a tooltip displaying the maximum packet size they accept (without upgrades) as GregTech machines does.

I could edit my texture pack, but that would only solve my problem, not anyone else's, and I'm all about fixing root causes. I think the tooltip idea makes sense.

Thanks

• Generally it's not that people forget the max EU/p of the machine, but that they have 512 coming out of a MFSU with out a transformer, or they setup the transformers after the cable is connected to the machine.

• Sorry , but i have to correct you a bit =P
    It DOES have a maximum voltage which is 512 EU/p (packet) , but not a EU/t (tick) limit as you said.
    Feed packets bigger than 512 EU and you will get a nice crater in your house.

@op :Machines could have a tooltip displaying the maximum packet size they accept (without upgrades) as GregTech machines does.

You put it more specifically than I did, I just put it as the minimum amount for me to understand it if I read it from someone else. I understand packets, but most of the time I can't be bothered to note them beyond ULV, LV, MV, HV, EV, & GTV. (GTV: Greg-tech voltage.)

:Nuke TNT: = Answer to all problems. Including that creeper camping right outside the door of your glass house.

• Official Post

You put it more specifically than I did, I just put it as the minimum amount for me to understand it if I read it from someone else. I understand packets, but most of the time I can't be bothered to note them beyond ULV, LV, MV, HV, EV, & GTV. (GTV: Greg-tech voltage.)

What about SMUMV? (Super-massive-ultra-massive-voltage) It runs from 1000000eu/t (Greg's) to 204000000000000000eu/t
    I also made that up after editing the max voltage :3